“Thanks for making it such a pleasant stay!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #28 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Thanks for making it such a pleasant stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I want to personally thank the staff at Red Roof Inn(OSU), courteous, efficient, and very friendly & helpful...one particular desk clerk, first name Pam was a sweetheart, she gave us personal attention and made our stay one of the best we have had...look forward to going back, and especially seeing Pam again!!! Thank you!!! A Proud Buckeye

Room Tip: loved the King supreme!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladybuckeye83
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let my staff and myself know how we are doing. I will be letting Pam know that she really made a difference in your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing your next visit to the area.
Stephanie Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We called around and chose this hotel because it was close to the university and had a reasonable price. The staff was helpful and so nice. Our room was spacious, big enough to accommodate four people. The beds were comfy as were the sheets. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. It makes me very pleased to know that my staff was helpful to you well you were staying at the location. We hope you stop back if you are ever in the area again.
Steph
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

On Friday, June 29th, the Columbus area was hit with extremely severe thunderstorms and winds up to 85 miles an hour. Power was knocked out to numerous areas for as long as eight to ten days. I came to the hotel after 10:30 that night when I got home from work and saw that the power was off. Dana was all alone at the desk that night and dozens of customers were needing a place to stay. She never lost her temper with anybody at all. She gave me a room that night because she figured out that I had walked several miles to find a place to stay for the weekend. I can't drive and the buses had stopped for the night. She was absolutely wonderful to me, giving me somebody else's room when that person had not shown up for their reservation. Dana deserves to have the best recogniton that the company can give her. A week later, when my power still hadn't come back I had to come and stay for one more night and Dana was there to do her best to help me out. Thanks for being there fro me when I really had a serious need.

Room Tip: Take your room keys with you when you leave.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m extremely pleased to hear that Dana was of great help to you, in your time of need. I will did let her know that you were extremely pleased with her. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. It’s great to know we were able to accommodate you doing your emergency.
Stephanie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I arrived at an inconvenient hour, but was welcomed and treated graciously by Caitlin. When she heard me cough from asthma, she made sure I was in a room not even next to a smoking room. Motel grounds clean and well kept. Location very convenient to OSU. Bed plain and firm but new looking. Not perfect, but extremely good value for the Priceline price I paid, and they acted glad to have me for a customer even with the discount.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I’m so glad we made you feel welcome that is very important to me. I will make sure to let Caitlin know that you made her stay very pleasant at the Red Roof Inn OSU. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing as a team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Stephanie
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed when attending a concert at the Schottenstein Center and the location was perfect. We walked over to Applebee's for lunch and walked to the concert. Hotel was clean and we had no issues.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I hope you enjoyed the concert you attended. Hopefully we will see you next time around.

Thanks Again
Steph
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn, OSU location, many times in the past and returned again this week. The price can't be beat for the location. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The hotel is minutes from OSU. There are probably a hundred restaurants within a 10 minute drive. Shopping is close by. A grocery store is within a 1/4 mile. McDs, Applebees's and best of all Raisin Cane's is just beyond the parking lot. When you just need a place to sleep at night, after a full day at OSU or sightseeing or shopping, this place is perfect. This is not a four star hotel and does not pretend to be. Clean, convenient and priced right.

Room Tip: First floor can be noisy during football season.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
greenfield ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Caitlin Foster and Mike Rutherford treated our party just like we were family. They filled our every request, met all our needs, and made our state boys basketball championship week-end a wonderful experience. We will stay here again next year and many years to follow. Dana Riley also helped to make our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Any room at this facility is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family