Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
US$242
US$226
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$155
US$119
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskohio statepremium roomroom was cleanhardwood floorsschottenstein centerwalking distancecheck in was easystay there againnon smokingparking lotpamosumotelkrogercampussurgery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here on a trip to the Quaterhorse Congress at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. It was only about five minutes away. All rooms had exterior entrances. We stayed on the third floor so we felt safe. We did kill 4 bugs climbing on the walls but didn't see any after that. Room was clean. They do not serve a breakfast but mcdonalds is next door. Checking in and out was easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I'm sorry to hear about the bugs on the wall, its that time of year were they are looking for warm place. We are doing are best to keep the stink bugs out of the rooms and hopefully they will not be a issue for the next guest. I'm glad that my staff was able to make your check In and out very easy. I hope we can give you the same clean room and great service next time your in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Initially I chose this location for my convenience. As far as hotels go, it's a hotel. The thing that will make me come back....to this specific hotel.....will be because of the treatment I got from Caitlin , at the front desk and Mike , head of maintenance. They both were so fun, treated me like they knew me forever and I feel like we've made life long friendships. They were very professional, polite and accommodating. My favorite part about "them" was their genuine smiles and welcoming feeling they gave me. As a woman traveling alone, to feel safe out on the road is crucial. I believe Caitlin and Mike will ensure my comfort and safety when I get to go back.....and I will stay at this location.....because of these 2 people. The other staff was great too, very friendly. I have friends that smoke, who were going to visit me during my stay , so I got a smoking room for their comfort. It didn't bother me at all and made our visit all the better. Thank goodness there are still places that let people smoke 'em if they got 'em! Thanks for a great experience and for your hospitality! Don't forget, you have to come to my show when I get back up there for one!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I'm so delighted to hear that Caitlin and Mike were a big help to you. They are really a asset to my team. I will be sure to pass along the positive feedback to them. Thanks again and I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went to check in and the guy Jacob was behind the desk. he was talking to a guest about rates and i had over heard. The base rate was 119.99 plus tax. and that was 100 bucks less then expedia charged me. I had paid over 500 bucks for the 2 nights. but thanks to this very nice polite young man he sat through the expedia hour long process, after finally getting expedia to issue a refund the total for 2 nights was just over 300 dollars he saved me almost 200 bucks. i come down with my family once a year. we save up for it every year. i am really glad this young man was able to help me and thanks to Jacob I will stay here anytime i am in town, and i will also send my employees to this red roof when doing jobs in this state, If i could give u a better rating i would!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim J
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus was. I'm so pleased to hear that Jacob was able to exceed your expecations. He truly is an asset to the team and I will let him know you feel the same way. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Steph

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had a family member staying at the medical center. This Red roof was close to the medical center and the price was unbeatable. I got in a little later and i was just thinking please dont have sold my room lol. i had read all these reveiws some good some bad but dont let someones bad expierence stop you from staying here. This hotel is wonderful. its pet friendly and the staff was amazing, I had a young man named jake check me in. This guy is funny. I wasnt in a great mood and he could tell. he greeted me right away and actually had a conversation with me. He seemed to quite enjoy his job. He made my night. He made me laugh and it helped with the check in process. I had one issue and it was a light bulb burned out but i called the front desk just to let them now and not 5 min later jake had the bulb changed for me. I tried to tip the young man and he wouldnt let me. its people like this at places like this that make me a repeat customer. Hopefully next time it wont be for family reasons but for vacation but i sure hope this young man is here

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn The OSU Campus was. I’m sorry that you had to be in the area for a hospital visit but I hope all went well. Thank you for giving us a chance and letting us exceed your expectations. Jake is a true asset to my team and I’ll be sure to let him know that he made your stay so pleasant. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

After reading a rather harsh review from a Google plus member, I actually thought twice about staying here. I am SO glad I didn't follow his advice, This hotel is clean, convenient and the staff was great. There was one small glitch, corrected IMMEDIATELY... I was put into a smoking room - - yes smokers out there, there is still a hotel that allows in-room smoking. But, quick nearby room change and all worked out well.... and no, the smoke smell doesn't spill over.

The other big plus is that the room rate was so much better than any other hotel nearby - even ones that I thought would have lower prices. I've attached pictures of my actual room. I think there are various kinds in the hotel - mine is a king.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at The Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m very glad to hear that you didn’t follow the advice as well and gave us a shot. I’m pleased to hear that my staff was able to fix the problem that you had immediately and was very pleasant well doing it. I’m very glad to hear that we were able to meet you expectations and look forward to see you the next time you are in the area.
Thanks again for the feedback.