Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
US$175
  • Breakfast included
US$199
Residence Inn
All reviewsfront deskohio statepremium roomroom was cleanhardwood floorsschottenstein centerwalking distancecheck in was easystay there againnon smokingparking lotpamosumotelkrogercampussurgery
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I wanted to give an update from my previous rating since I have been staying here four nights a week for the past four months. Over this time frame I have become more familiar with the hotel and the area and would like to share my experience.

My opinion hasn't changed any from my first review. The area is in a very nice and safe. It's perfect if your gonna be in town for sporting events especially since it is very close to the stadium. There are a lot of people that stay at the hotel that are regulars during football season and they love the place and the staff also. If you or a loved one are going to visit the hospital the staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable and quiet to reduce the stress of the situation. Being in the healthcare industry really make me appreciate the compassion the staff shows as a company representative and as good people.

The staff here is incredible. The Manager Stephenie is by far the best manager I have met at any hotel I have stayed at. She is great to work with and has done a great job at working around the lobby remodel. The rest of the property is due for renovation some time in the future and I'm confident she will do a great job over seeing it done with minimal problems with the guess that stay during it. With that being said she is a huge part of the reason I've stayed here this long and will continue to thru February.

The front staff is great also. Caitlin, Jacob, Hazel, Pamela and Max are all very professional and handle any situation in a timely and helpful manner. Their knowledge of the area and things to do are always appreciated. I can't say enough good things about them all. They all do everything possible to make the guess feel welcomed and as comfortable as possible.

The up keep on the property is done well also. From the first time I pulled up the outside of the property is well maintained and looked nice. Since then they have repainted the exterior and it looks really nice. The maintenance man Mike does an excellent job keeping everything running smooth and if anything does goes wrong in room it is fixed as soon as possible and done correct.

With all being said I highly recommend this hotel if your going to be in the area. You just can't beat the price for what you get. I hope you find this helpful because there is a lot of hotels in the area. I have checked them out and found this to be the best choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gina_Matt2013
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for doing an update on your stay at The Red Roof Inn OSU location. I'm so glad we were able to meet you needs and you feel comfortable staying here. Thanks for being such a Brand advocate. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks
Steph

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

It is great location, if you want to visit OSU. Front staf are very helpfull. Many restaurant are near as well Kroger. No breakfast available. The hotel needs renovation completly. Room is dirty with stain in carpet and bed matress. A lot of insect over wall. The A/C is very loud.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hanywadie
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations but this location is up for a renovation, so hopefully in the future you will give us a second chance. I do apologize for the issues that you had in your room. We do try our very best to keep the stink bugs out of the rooms, its that time of year where there looking for a warmer place to stay. If you could send me a email to i0121@redroof.com so I know which room number you were in that would be great. I would like to get the carpet cleaned and mattress taken care of as well as have my maintenance person fix the loud A/C unit. Thank you so much for your feedback, I can't fix the issues if I don't know about it so I appreciate all positive and negative feedback. I look forward to talking to you, thanks again for letting me know.

room

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Since my business trip was about saving money, I decided to go with Red Roof Inn because of the proximity to where I was going and also based on what other reviewers wrote. Unfortunately, I did not have a positive experience. I had to change rooms 2 times! The first room had a leaky bathtub fawcet...hot water too! The second room, the TV didn't work. The third room seemed fine.I settled in for the evening and something landed on my pillow...it was a bug! Of course that was the last straw for me! The front desk staff were very kind with accomodating me with my discontent. I wasn't about to check out of the hotel nor did I want to switch rooms again. They discounted the room by $15...had hoped that they could've comped the room but they didn't. Also, if you are not using the room safe, make sure they don't charge you for it on your final bill.
If you are budget minded than you can't beat the location to OSU but otherwise, I'd look a little further out.

Room Tip: My preference is the top floor.Seems there is less car traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Latgrl
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m sorry that we were unable to meet you expectations. At Red Roof Inn we really try to provide you with a positive experience. I do appreciate you brining up your concerns such as the leaking facet and TV not working, my maintenance person has already fixed these issues due to you bringing them to our attentions. Sorry about the stink bug in the room it is that time of year where they are trying to get in from the cold and we are doing our best to try and prevent them from entering the rooms. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance so that we can meet and exceed your expectations.
Thanks again for your feedback,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here on a trip to the Quaterhorse Congress at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. It was only about five minutes away. All rooms had exterior entrances. We stayed on the third floor so we felt safe. We did kill 4 bugs climbing on the walls but didn't see any after that. Room was clean. They do not serve a breakfast but mcdonalds is next door. Checking in and out was easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I'm sorry to hear about the bugs on the wall, its that time of year were they are looking for warm place. We are doing are best to keep the stink bugs out of the rooms and hopefully they will not be a issue for the next guest. I'm glad that my staff was able to make your check In and out very easy. I hope we can give you the same clean room and great service next time your in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Initially I chose this location for my convenience. As far as hotels go, it's a hotel. The thing that will make me come back....to this specific hotel.....will be because of the treatment I got from Caitlin , at the front desk and Mike , head of maintenance. They both were so fun, treated me like they knew me forever and I feel like we've made life long friendships. They were very professional, polite and accommodating. My favorite part about "them" was their genuine smiles and welcoming feeling they gave me. As a woman traveling alone, to feel safe out on the road is crucial. I believe Caitlin and Mike will ensure my comfort and safety when I get to go back.....and I will stay at this location.....because of these 2 people. The other staff was great too, very friendly. I have friends that smoke, who were going to visit me during my stay , so I got a smoking room for their comfort. It didn't bother me at all and made our visit all the better. Thank goodness there are still places that let people smoke 'em if they got 'em! Thanks for a great experience and for your hospitality! Don't forget, you have to come to my show when I get back up there for one!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I'm so delighted to hear that Caitlin and Mike were a big help to you. They are really a asset to my team. I will be sure to pass along the positive feedback to them. Thanks again and I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.