“Good bargain and a a decent hotel”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East
Ranked #122 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good bargain and a a decent hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2008

This hotel is now called the "Columbus Gatehouse Inn"

For the money, it was a great deal! It's near the airport and we just needed a place for one night.. big room with kitchen, fold out couch and hot breakfast for $63 how can you beat that deal?

Breakfast was good with eggs, pancakes, sausage, hot oatmeal, danishes, yogurt, waffle maker etc...

Can't go wrong here.. yes, it's dated, but a true value!

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank FunTrvlCpl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 1 January 2008

We often stay at Residence Inns because we enjoy the breakfasts, spacious rooms and Jameson mattresses (we even went to North Carolina to buy one after sleeping on one several times at other Residence Inns). Planning to spend the weekend shopping between Jeffersonville one day and Easton the next, I looked for a hotel on the south side of town or at Easton. Easton hotels were very pricey this time of year so I booked The Southeast Residence Inn through Expedia for about
$70 a night with a coupon. Our room was spacious and clean with a full
kitchen and pull out couch but not the suite we were used to at other RIs. It did have a fireplace and the front desk provided a firelog on request. The mattress was comfortable but not Jameson. Breakfast was great and the staff friendly at the front desk and at breakfast. While
not in the best part of town, I felt the hotel was safe, secure and well lit. Other Residence Inns are nicer but this did suit our needs and was very reasonable.

• Liked — Fireplace!
  • Disliked — Big billboard of a radio station call letters across a tight white tshirt with no head out our window
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank soontobeforty
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2006

After a full day at The Ohio State University we ck'd in to warm,friendly staff. We were encouraged to go upstairs and enjoy dinner(Mon-Thurs) which is included in your stay. Or you can order from your room with menu provided,reasonable prices. The meals were very good during our two night stay, staff outstanding and nice relaxing atmosphere. Hot coffee and a variety of freshly baked cookies are in the gatehouse.

The suite was very nice and comfortable with a complete full kitchen and all amentities. We got a great rate. Breakfast buffet provided a wide variety of choices daily. We'll be back to stay again this fall. Outstanding staff and very caring manager! -- at 2084 South Hamilton Rd, Columbus, OHIO. Go Buckeyes! Go Residence Inn- Columbus Southeast! Worth the short drive from OSU!

4 Thank gswings
Chile
Reviewed 12 October 2005

My first impression when I checked in was the gates controlling entry into the hotel - this is the first time I've seen this on any residence inn and I can't remember the last time I saw such gates on a hotel in the USA. The surrounding areas appear pretty run down and this combined with the gates made me feel a little uneasy as to how safe this hotel was. When I checked in I tried to get an upstairs room and the girl on the desk just ignored this and gave me my room. After I stayed in the room for a while I went back to ask to be move to an upstairs room - I waited patiently for about 15 minutes whilst they served other people, no problem, but then they told me they had just given away the last upstairs room. The manager spoke to me and promised he would see what he could do and I think he was sincere but I just felt the place was a bit disorganised compared to other residence inns I have stayed at.

The room was clean, it is generally a quiet hotel but like all residence inns the sound proofing between rooms leaves something to be desired.

I was paying $159 for one bedroom which I thought was a bit expensive for what you get.

I doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2001, travelled on business
1 Thank munizaga
northern virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2005

Let's just start by saying that I love Residence Inn sites. I have 6 kids and this is the best deal for what we need. I really didn't care for this site. I didn't particularly feel safe, because the first impression is that you are entering a gated facilty. The staff was nice! I got in late and had to give the kids a bath and the bathtub was dirty. Ring around the tub.. Yuck. I called and they came and cleaned it immediatley. We also had a few problems with the bedding and getting a fan to work. Besides that it was an okay experience. The front desk person took 1/2 off our bill w/o me asking and brought all of the kids candy. What more could she do or what more could I ask for?? Would I stay there again? No.. The area doesn't work for me!

4 Thank sunflower2499
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#95 of 143 in Columbus
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus West
Extended Stay America - Columbus - East
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East? Share your experiences!