“Hotel Decent but...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hotel Decent but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

I ended up getting this hotel through Hotwire and was a good value. This hotel is actually fine but needs some small repairs. The hotel looks like it was built in the 90's and it is starting to show some wear. For example, our room was a 2 room suite with a pull out sofabed. The upholstery on the couch was ripped and foam was showing on the seating part. The wallpaper in the bathroom was showing age as the walls in the hallways were a little beaten up. All were minor.

Bed was great. Pool, hot tub and exercise room nice as well. Flat screen TV's in both rooms were excellent.

The main complaint that I had was the $30 upcharge if you booked through Hotwire for two queen beds instead of the King room. Also, the $9.95 for Internet access and the $13.95 breakfast were too much. I understand that they can throw lowball prices on Hotwire to fill the rooms but the nickel and diming of these charges make me feel this hotel is cheap. This greatly lessened my view of the Sheraton brand overall.

Room Tip: Use Hotwire for the Worthington area.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank putterpug
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding the recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear you had a few issue with the room. Each of our rooms is inspected daily to insure they are in top shape. I will share your comments with our inspectors.

Being an all suites property our hotel has a limited number of rooms with two queen beds and a sofa bed (sleeping six). Unfortunately, these premium rooms are not part of the Hotwire program. We do allow our Hotwire guest to upgrade to these room at check-in based on availability for the same up charge any other guest would see which is $30.00.

Our hotel does charge for our state of the art high speed internet access in the guest rooms just like most of our competitors in the area. However, we are thrilled to be able to offer free internet access at our Link by Sheraton (providing individual works stations and lap top connections) or unlimited free wireless in our lobby area.

Thanks you again for your comments. If we can ever be of assistance in the future or answer any of your questions please don't hesitate to call us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Somewhere in Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

We bidded on this hotel through priceline.com and received a great experience for the money. The Assistant Manager (forgot his name) was kind, courteous, and welcoming. I honestly don't think he slept since I saw him when I checked in and checked out! The room was clean and more than we expected. Room service was prompt and the food was great. The location is perfect if you are in the area to shop or attend an event at VonnJazz. We were impressed with the level of customer service and the little touches that made the stay impressionable. We will definitely stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReeEm0402
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 1 April 2011
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you see you again soon.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

My family and I were travelling through Ohio and booked a last minute stay at this property which was conveniently located right off the highway.
I cannot say much about the area except that there was a movie theater complex nearby.
It was just a one night stay and we didn't try any of the restaurants or facilities available at the hotel but we were extremely pleased with the accomodation. The suite was immaculate and the sleeping area was separated from the living room. It wasn't a very big but everything was spotless and seemed to be quite new. The bed was comfortable and the sheets white and crisp. I would like to underline this aspect..the room was sparky clean.
High speed internet was available in the room for a fee and we didn't use it.
The check in process was quick and the staff seemed welcoming and professional. I remember to have been warmly greeted by a housecleaning lady both in the aisle and at the restroom in the lobby. In one occasion I was even asked if I was having a good stay at the hotel. The lobby is nice. It is not very big but looks elegant. The hotel has a big parking lot right in front. Honestly I do not recall if it was free. During that trip we stayed in several different hotels and I am not sure about that particular aspect at the Sheraton Suites in Columbus.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travellers. For people wanting to spend a few days vacationing in Columbus I would look for something closer to downtown unless you have a car.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank maplehuggers
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Columbus! We hope to see you next time you are traveling through Ohio.
Harrison, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

The issue I had was really my fault but the hotel had an opportunity to assist a rewards member and chose not to. I made a reservation in Sept for the weekend of Oct 23. In the middle of Oct, I couldn't remember if I had made a reservation so I was searching through my email for a confirmation. I couldn't find one and assumed I didn't make a reservation. I then made a reservation at another hotel for that same date. I was charged $127 by the Sheraton for a no show. I called the Sheraton, explained what happened, hoping that as a member of their rewards program they would issue a credit since I didn't intentionally not show up. Again, I realize this was my fault and I'll pay the $127 but they had an opportunity that they missed out on for something they had no costs involved and the hotel wasn't sold out.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cort43202
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Thank you for your feedback concerning our cancellation policy.

Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out that weekend because of the home football game at Ohio State. Since your room was guaranteed, we did hold that room for you all evening long while turning away a number of other guests who walked in looking for rooms for that night. In the future please feel free to call our reservations department toll free at 800-325-3535 and they would be happy to confirm your reservation status.

If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

I booked the room through Hotwire and got a great weekend rate. The hotel is easy to get to from the interstate and is located in a complex of other restaurants and hotels. Each room is suite that consists of a bedroom and living area with a sleeper sofa. The rooms are separated by French doors with curtains. Each room is equipped with a large flat screened TV which was very nice.

The room was decorated nicely and bedding was ample. The bathroom can be entered from either the bedroom or living room. Not very private but I guess it uses the space wisely. My only complaint was that the room had a slight cigarette smoke odor to it. It may have been just that particular room, but overall the room was very nice.

One thing to note, if you are booking through Hotwire some hotels consider a request for 2 beds. I was told by Sheraton that they do not take requests for 2 beds since they are at a premium and therefore you will need to use the sofa bed. All in all a nice hotel, great rate through Hotwire, easy access to interstate, and convenient to restaurants.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank TRIPBOUND10
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

With regards to the comments about the rooms with two double beds you are correct. Our facility is unique in that all our rooms are suites. A majority of the rooms in the hotel consist of king suites (king bed) with a sofa bed also being available in the living room. We have a very limited number of "Double Rooms" available which are in extremely high demand. These rooms not only have two queen beds but also a sofa bed making it truly a room with three beds. This is very unique in the hotel community and is consider in our premium level room category.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
hartford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

the shearaton suites are a great place to stay. Flat screen tvs in both roooms. very comfortable bed. the location was right off the highway. i ordered room service both nights and the service and food were great. i was with my teenage son and he stayed up and watched tv in the other room while i slept.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it. We get so many great comments about having two TV's in the rooms(on in the bed room and one in the living room with the sofa bed). Kids love it too! Next time you are in Columbus we hope you will stay with us again.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

We have stayed here twice before sporting events and have always had a very good rate on Priceline. The hotel is in a complex of restaurants, bars, movie theatre so there is plenty to eat nearby. The sushi place is great. The hotel is also very good, fast check in, clean rooms, good TV reception, nice beds. The hotel also has a swimming pool area which we did not see, and a business center in the lobby. Lots of free parking. it is located right off the highway but we did not appreciate any road noise. I always hope to get this place when I name my own price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HandballYaz
Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next time you come in for a game.