“Convenient to shops at Country Club Plaza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Columbus

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #44 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
North Barrington, Illinois
“Convenient to shops at Country Club Plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms. Clean and very comfortable beds. A convenient location that is close to restaurants, shops and festivals in the Country Club Plaza area. A little bit pricey but worth it. Definitely would stay there again. Friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'll start off by saying that I paid $75 to stay here via Sheraton's website, which is a great price for any Sheraton. We arrived at the hotel, and found it to be a bit dated on the outside but clean and modern on the inside. The lobby was fresh and welcoming. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and remembered my name throughout the visit. They took the time to explain all the features of the hotel and assisted with a few special requests. The room was rather large, with a separate bedroom and living area. I'm not a fan of bathrooms with 2 separate entrances though, but no big deal. The room was very clean an appeared to be recently renovated. The bed was to die for--so comfortable, wish I could bring it home. The hotel was not very occupied so it had a lonely feeling which was good and bad. My one major complaint is that they do NOT offer free wi-fi in the room. There is a $9.95 charge. In this day and age, I cannot understand how a hotel does not offer free wi-fi...it has been shown time and again to be the biggest request of hotel guests--business or leisure. Also, there was no complimentary breakfast, although they did offer a breakfast buffet for $15/pp. Overall, the hotel did offer value, but the lack of wi-fi and/or breakfast would have been a deal breaker if the rate was much higher.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear WDWFan1997,
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. Our team strives to wow everyone that stays with us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Safe travels!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Went with Wife and my two pugs. They were very welcoming, rooms were clean, and all facilities were clean too. Plenty of parking, and plenty to do walking distance from theater and restaurants. No pet fees and very dog friendly. TV channels are analog, but I don't really care about that. The bed was super comfortable. Stay there and ask for a room that faces the east to see a nice sunrise.

• Stayed August 2013
washington wv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel far surpassed the expectations I had. The rooms were very nice they had french doors separating the bedroom from the living area. The beds were not comfortable as most people have said.I personally thought they were extremely hard. Twice we called the front desk with a request and within 2 minutes someone was knocking on the door. I was very impressed. It was super nice to have2 flat screen tvs in the room. The rooms were kinda small but they super clean. Do not pay the advertised price of $99 per night or more as this hotel can be hadon priceline most of the time for $49 a night.I paid less for 2 nights than what he hotel was wanting for 1 night. This is not a smoker friendly hotel. There is no reason that one floor cant be designated as a smoking room as it is very incovenient to go outside eery time you want to smoke. The bottom line is this is a very nice hotel with great customer service. The breakfast is way overpriced for what you get. I would not recommend spending $15 per person. The breakfast should be free as it is in many hotels these days. Very pleased with the hotel overvall. I will be back..

Grimes, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were travelling with our family, so one king and one small sofa bed really was not enough. The sofa was not at all comfortable. They didn't have any cribs available. It would have been nice for a couple, but didn't seem very family friendly. There was a separate bed room, but calling it a suite is a bit of an exaggeration. There are many nice restaurants in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm so sorry to hear you did not enjoy the layout of our suites. While we get many great comments about our rooms we do realize that everyone's needs are different. While our two double bed suites are of limited supply it sounds like that room type might be more in line with your family's needs. We truly hope you would consider us again during a future visit to Columbus.

Safe travels.
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked my stay at Sheraton suites from Hotwire. I got a pretty good deal; pretty much two nights for the price of one. The worthington area is quiet and not as hustle and bustling as other areas in columbus. There is a movie theatre in walking distance called Marcus cinemas. This literally is the absolute LARGEST movie theatre I have ever been in. It was very very clean! Our room at the Sheraton I would rate as average. I will go over the pros and cons. Pros 1: both indoor and. Outdoor pool, & jacuzzi hot tub, 2: lounge/ bar 2: work out room is very clean and nice with good equipment. 3: the bed and pillows are very comfortable. 4: there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room!!
Cons. 1: the place seems slightly out dated on the inside. 2: our room doesn't seem as clean as it could be. For example some "dust bunnies" in areas along the wall$
& they are areas that are visible 3: missing calking in the bathroom tub area, so the tile is open to the wall all around the wall meets tub area,,,I'm not a germ amphibic,but this does gross me out. Upon booking this class of hotel on Hotwire, which was rated a four star, it seems to lack things I would classify as a four star. Could be a Hotwire screw up as far as the star Listing, ???. It needs to be a little more up to date,
I would stay here again : by no means a horrible place, just a little below what I like in standards. However I love the quietness of this worthington area, & it's very accessible to 270.. Also my intent of the trip was to find a hotel under $100 A night, I brought my children so we could go to the Zoo and zoombezi bay. So I was like looking for affordability and luxury, but basically just got the affordability part.

Room Tip: No suggestions...sorry
1 Thank jrummie
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. We have addressed the couple of items you mentioned about the room you were in to insure it is up to our standards. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to let us know.

Safe travels.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

SPent the weekend with my wife in Columbus at this hotel. Got a great rate on hotwire! Check-in and out was a breeze - Not more than 5 minutes on each! The room was very clean and probably updated about 3 years ago or so (my guess). Bed was unbelieveable! Better bed than what I have at home! Pools were inviting and we swam in the outdoor pool for about 1 hour. The location was just what I wanted. It is located very close to lots of restaurants, 10 minutes to Polaris and about 15 minutes to Easton! Hallways need a little update but I really didn't care much about them. Can't understand why anyone would but I know people do. Overall a great place to stay. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Watch hotwire or priceline for this hotel! Saved $100 easily!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for kind comments. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!