“A good overall Business Hotel in Columbus OH”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A good overall Business Hotel in Columbus OH”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A good overall Business Hotel in Columbus OH. Good size room and lounge / office area make these rooms comfortable for business travellers. Good comfortable beds and Starbucks coffee in the room. However, downd side for me was having to pay $9.99 for Wifi (24 hr) access where almost every other hotel in the US it's free! And the fact that if you want a coffee in the lobby you have to pay for it. Know these things may seem small but they are disappointing when paying more for staying at Sheraton Suites.
Front desk was however, excellent - thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience. We will be sure to pass your comment about internet and lobby coffee to the Sheraton Brand team for their consideration during their next standards review. We look forward to see you again soon.

Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & 4 year old grandchild stayed here for 2 nights on family trip. Beds very comfortable & clean. Starbucks coffee provided for coffee maker in room, along with bottled water, & tea bags. Wifi not free, but there is a "hub" in lobby, which we did not use. Front desk told me they cater to business travelers, who usually purchase a package which includes wifi. Room service prompt, food good. Grand child loved the revolving door. Easy walk to cinema, lots of good quality restaurants nearby including G. Michaels. Price a bit high when compared to other hotels that include truly free wi/fi, as well as breakfast.

Stayed October 2013
NY
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean and quiet and there is a Chipotle across the street. Work out well for a long weekend in Columbus and I would stay there again. Make sure you do not get a handicap accessible room unless you need it as the shower is not as nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a handicap accessible room unless you need it as the shower is not as nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeremy D,
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and glad you enjoyed your stay. As you noticed the ADA shower are designed a little different to meet the needs of some of our guest and local code. While we would hope we would always have the room type a guest would like sometimes we do fill up one or the other and only have a select few available.

We look forward to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've stayed here twice, both times the reservations were made on Priceline and I got a heck of a deal for a hotel of this caliber. The building seems a bit dated from the outside (not sure when the hotel was built), but the lobby was clean and the clerks were very friendly and efficient. They even gave me extra water when I asked (took it directly from their little sundries store and handed it to me at no charge). The room itself was quiet and clean. This is a Sheraton Suites hotel, so each room has their own bedroom, bathroom, and small living room. The bedroom was a little cramped, but only because the bed itself was a King. There were two TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I could not hear any noise from neighbors of the outside. Overall a relaxing stay.

There were a few negatives (hence only 4/5):
They do charge for internet. Most other hotels in the area offer free wifi, but this hotel charges. However, if you do decide to pay for the internet, the speed is much faster than the crappy free wifi that everybody uses at other hotels.
One time I was there in the dead of winter and the parking lot had a sheet of ice on it. It doesn't seem like they salt the parking lot, as the entrance to the hotel seemed salted. I almost slipped and fell a couple of times walking through the parking lot to/from my rental car. If the managers of this hotel are reading this, please salt your parking lot!!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences.

While we do salts both our walkway and the parking lots we always do the walkways first. It sounds like our maintenance team had not got to were your car was before you need to leave. For that we are so sorry.

If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Safe travels!
Ohio
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites for one night with my son's soccer team for a tournament. I had stayed at this same hotel a little over a year ago and really liked it. This time I was again pleased with the size of the room and the friendliness of the front desk staff. The only thing I wish was different was there was a musty smell in my hotel room and the bathroom had a smell like stale water. It wasn't so bad that I felt I had to leave but it definitely put a damper on my stay. Other than that I was pleased with my stay. I probably would try to stay in another hotel if I had a choice. The room did appear to be clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Sharon C,
It is nice to hear that your overall stay was a good one. Please accept our apology on the issue you listed about your room. We will dispatched our maintenance and housekeeping teams to look into the issue you describe.
Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Safe Travels!
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed for one week recently and I must say I was very impressed with the staff of the hotel as well as the hotel itself. The bed was really comfortable the rooms were huge and had two spaced a bedroom and living space area with a couch. The bathroom was also very big and a pleasant surprise. The staff was alway willing to help with any request. The breakfast buffet was also a pleasant surprise. I will definitely look to stay here again next I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Miggsoo3,

We appreciate the kind comments and will be sure to pass them along to our team. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Safe Travels!
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I typically don't stay at Sheraton properties but can tell you my stay was incredible. From the check in folks at the front desk to the Breakfast restaurant and Bar staff, I can honestly say, I may now be a "convert" to Sheraton! Nice rooms, great service and affordable price in this Worthington, Ohio area. Lots of restaurant choices in walking distance. Check it out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Peg L,
We are thrilled you had a chance to stay with us and experience a Sheraton for the first time! Our team works real hard to exceed every guest's expectation and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in Columbus!

Safe travels