“Great hotel!”

Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We visited this hotel just as an overnight getaway with the kids because winter blues had us down. The room was perfect for our family, it had a king bed and a sleeper sofa. Everything, and I mean everything, in the room was clean. Sometimes I go to a hotel and it feels just kind of gross, but I didn't get that feeling at all here. No stains on anything. Not the floors, not the blankets, not the towels. The bathroom was spotless. As you can tell, I was very impressed by the cleanliness of this hotel.

The first thing we did was take a trip to the pool and hot tub. The pool was definitely a little cold for my taste. The hot tub was perfect! The whole pool and hot tub area was VERY nice. It looked up-to-date and clean as well.

We had very little interaction with any employees other than check-in and check-out but I was also impressed with the speed in which we received extra blankets once we requested them.

This hotel is in a great location. It has everything you could need within just a few miles.

Overall, I found this hotel to be a great place to stay and would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here, all rooms are suites!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Coooperfamily411,
We appreciate the great feedback concerning your stay. It was wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed 11 January 2014

A good location in Northern Columbus. Located on a campus orientated to overnight travelers, plenty of good restaurants. Only negative is rush hour traffic departing this area. It can be overwhelming getting on to exit highway.

Room Tip: Club floor, top can be hard to control heat.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoy it. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels.
Ohio
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I decided on a night away to enjoy our birthdays right before Christmas and to do some shopping and we used Starwood points. We have stayed at this Sheraton in the past and I read online that it had recently been renovated so we decided to stay here again.
- Front desk staff was very nice, no complaints.
- Room was at the end of the hall which was nice and there was virtually no noise, but I don't think there was many people staying as it was so close to Christmas.
- When we entered the room I realized it was the same as when we stayed there quite a few years ago. Same blue striped wallpaper.
- The room was clean and the linens appeared to be clean.
- Did not sleep well as the room was in desperate need of a new mattress set! My husband pointed out that a button had popped thru and the next day before we left I was sitting on the small sofa (I ended up there in the middle of the night) and looked up and saw that the bed was very bowed in the middle. No wonder I couldn't get comfortable.
- When we checked out I asked if the hotel had been redone and she said it had been a few years. I told her the mattress desperately needed to be replaced. I'm sure that won't happen until the hotel does actually get remodeled but at least I told them.
- I liked the Starbucks coffee in the room, nice touch, and the free water.
- We had free Wifi as it was so close to Christmas they gave it to the guests free. Otherwise we would not have paid for it. I do believe the charge is not necessary, not these days.
- I would like to have given at least 4 stars but I just couldn't.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MimiJoy2
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Every year we do upgrade (renovate) certain areas of the hotel and recently the fitness center (renovation / expansion) and club lounge (installation) were completed. Safes are going into all rooms right now as we speak and carpet is on the plan for 2014! We hope to see you again next time you are in Columbus so you can experience all the recent changes.

Safe travels,

Chuck
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had concerns b/f we even arrived, as I had 2 reservation numbers. One for our first night, one for our second 2 nights (as part of a group for a wedding). Everyone at the front desk appears to be totally clueless. Here it is over a week after we checked out and we are still trying to get the bill straightened out. They promised me when I phoned a week b/f our arrival that there would be no confusion about the 2 reservation numbers and that we would not have to change rooms.
We did not have to change rooms, however, we got a bill under the door after our first night, keys quit working and staff came to clean the room AFTER we checked out (which we had NOT DONE).
Sammy, the bartender, is GREAT!!! super friendly, great service.
Rooms are small but very clean.
lobby is nice.
Hot buffet in the main restaurant should be avoided, not many eat there and it was "old".
Food ordered off the menu was quite good.
The shredded American flag flying over the drive is HORRIBLE.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Spitfireagain
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about the few hiccups you had doing your stay. It appears because of the way your reservation was book by the third party you used it created two one night reservations. When this happens there are some manual things a guest service representative has to do to work around that third party vendor's system problem to but it is obvious that did not occur. We will meet with this associate and insure they understand how to work around this issue in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

Thank you again for bring this to our attention.
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Good hotel in a pretty convenient area. We picked this hotel because we were bringing our dog and we also have a 4 month old. The suite layout is great for us when traveling with our son because when he goes to bed at 8 we aren't forced into bed. We can easily put him in the bedroom with the doors closed and watch tv in the other room and still access the bathroom without going into the bedroom. Total win!

The rooms are also comfortable, I love the beds and pillows and sleep so good. The room comes with a mini fridge as well. Pool was nice as was the hot tub and when we were there was empty.

My old reason for the lower rating is the front desk. It seemed as though we were really bothering them when we went to check in, like it was taking away from there fun time. They quickly checked us in and gave us our room keys all while saying MAYBE 2 sentences to us. Bad impression right away and definitely not a way to welcome guests.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leah N
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it. We are also so sorry you had an issue with one of our front desk members. We usually get great comments back about our associates and have already address what you experienced with our team leader of that department.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Decided on a mini-vacation to COSI with my 5 year old grandson. Had a positive stay at this property with my 4 year old granddaughter 2 months ago so thought I'd try again. I was not disappointed. From the moment of check-in, we were made to feel very welcome. I don't remember the front desk assistant's name, but she was very friendly and gave us several other child friendly options in the area to explore. And used points ~~ only 3,500. Quite a bargain. Yes, the rooms are a little dated but were very clean. And several dining options in the area, as well as the hotel restaurant. Will make plans to stay at this property whenever in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly Q
new york
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed on way and upon return from a family visit----Reception delightful --friendly and extremely efficient check in. Lobby on the small size for such a large hotel -- On site restaurant -wifi additional $9.95 per day No pet free rooms available --I would like it if these places would reserve a floor or set aside rooms that do not allow pets--- Surroundings clean ---1st night on 4th floor facing the front of the hotel ----quiet--clean --nice small suite with french doors separating bedroom and living rm---refrig- micro-coffee maker and fixings --nice separated bath area and sink area with doors making areas private ---Next weekend stay --rms the same except----7th floor facing I 270 --if one is a very light sleeper avoid these rooms facing I 270 -also there is train noise on this side of the building but we could eliminate noise by turning fan on auto . Would return here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front entrance of hotel quieter----Road noise and train noise on back side.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckingery
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your two stays at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels