“I liked this hotel - good value”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #52 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It's a bit far from campus, but not too bad. I thought the hotel was a really good value. The build quality was nice and we enjoyed our stay. The wifi was just ok but that may have been due to our room location. The room was large and the staff was great. There were two pools and plenty of parking. I would come again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking to time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you again next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband is on a business trip in Columbus Ohio for 2 weeks. I booked him this hotel, based on price and value. I called the hotel, asking them if breakfast was included because I wanted my husband and brother in law to have it easy before having long days of work. The reservations lady informed me that if I give her my SPG account number, the front desk will upgrade me if there is availability upon check in. Great. The price was 150, and then she offered me a price of 126 as a prepaid non refundable. Since My husband was checking in the same night i said why not! I asked her about 10 times if she is sure he will be upgraded she said yes. My husband and brother in law drove 12 hours from Montreal to Columbus, and when they finally arrived at 1 am, they were "greeted" with the worst customer service ever. They informed him that there will be no upgrade even though it is available. My husband put me on the phone with the manager John Adams who was super rude. I asked him if he can make any exception, as my husband had just drove half a day to get there and was extremely exhausted and it would be nice to have some breakfast first thing in the AM. He refused in the rudest way possible. I called corporate to complain. The nice lady said she will call the hotel and ask them herself to change their minds. She came back to me saying they were rude to her as well and refused. She recommended i open a file against them, and I have. I am appalled by this lack of customer service and compassion by a big chain like Sheraton. Not sure how they can hire such a rude person. I booked a different hotel for them, and will fight to get reimbursed and refunded for this terrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ron111111

Dear ron111111,
Wow. We are so sorry you had such a rough experience with Sheraton. While it is true that we cannot gurantee upgrades before arrival as you stated below it sound like the person you spoke to at the call center then stated she would guarantee it which is a little confusing. We have reached out to the Starwood call center so they can see if there are any recordings of that call to insure that associate is giving out the correct information. As for the person you spoke to on property, while there were no additional upgrades available when your husband arrive, it sound like our team member could have handled the exhange a better way. We appologize for the inconvenence this caused you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I was going to visit the Ohio State Fair 8/1/2014 for the first time and I found the hotel on the internet. On arrival at the hotel, the lady at the desk on arrival had an attitude, and gave the wrong information about breakfast. When I called later, I got the same wrong information (7:00am- 11:00 am). In the morning I got the correct information, (7:00 am - 10:00 am) so, my husband and I had to rush
The service for receiving towels was poor, but the guy that
brought them was nice.
The guy that was working in the Club room for breakfast was irritated if you asked him a question. The continental, one hot (eggs, no meat), breakfast was one of the worst for the extra money we paid. One lady complained of the stale bread. One lady said, she will never pay the extra money for breakfast again.
The room was ok. Overall the stay was not worth the price, and my family and I have stayed at a lot of hotels, because we travel a lot. Next time I will try another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear traveler91750,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. It appears some of the confusion related to restaurant service times. The restaurant is open to order breakfast items until 11:00 AM but the buffet portion of breakfast closes at 10:00 AM. While the Sheraton Club breakfast it is a continental breakfast with one hot item (not a full buffet) the upgrade fee paid also covers the evening snack, all day unlimited cold and hot beverages, all day grab and go snacks, complimentary internet, and access to the private lounge and addition in-room amenities. As for team member assigned to the Sheraton Club that day we have address your observation with him and corrective action has been taken. Again we appreciate you letting us know about your stay. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway the first weekend of August.
We selected Sheraton at Worthington for location, value for room and amenities.
The hotel is located just 10 minutes along the beltway I-270 to Easton Shopping Center and just 5 minutes from Polaris Mall. We were pleased to see the hotel is located in a very upscale business park setting that included several nice restaurants within walking distance.
We also found convenience stores, a McDs and Krogers all within 3 blocks and 1 stoplight.
Check-in - Easy and quick.
Service - the AC in the room didn't seem to be working when we arrived. I informed the front desk as we were leaving for dinner on Friday and when we returned it was working fine.
Service at the bar/restaurant was slow Saturday night. One bartender trying to keep up with several requests including our room service order of food. He was overwhelmed.
Room - Very clean and the King Suite we stayed in was designed nicely with a touch of class.
Amenities -

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana F
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Second year our softball team has stayed here for our long weekend tournament at Berlinger Park. Rooms are nice with separate bedroom from "sitting room" which has small desk, pull out sleeper couch and small refrigerator. The indoor and outdoor pools were very nice for the team. Lots of good restaruants nearby and laege movie theater. Downtown is a easy, close (15-20 minutes) drive. Great choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

It was great hosting your team for the tournament. We get so many nice comments about having two pools doing the summer we are glad you had a chance to enjoy them. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room itself was good, however we found a "dirty" wash clothe in the shower....the pillows were awful but the bed was just "ok". The hotel was packed with LOUD girl softball players and creepy "dad" coaches in and about the lobby until late in the evening. I felt their was no one monitoring their behavior and the hotel was a mess. I would not stay here again due to this experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear JS474,
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay. We are so sorry we did not exceed your expectation during your visit. While most teams we host during the month of July are very polite and cordial we do from time to time get one who is a little rambunctious. We will take your comments back to the team and determine what else can be done in situation you described. Thank you again for your comments. We so hope you would give us another try next time you are in the city.
Safe travels.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent customer service, nice pool, and gym. A bit isolated amongst other hotels. Very nice and spacious rooms. The French doors were a nice touch. Although the location is a bit bland and overlooks the highway, I have no negative comments about this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Akazin,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Columbus. We hope you get a chance to come back soon!
Safe travels.