“Not at all impressed. The comforter was stained and it did...”

Ramada Columbus Polaris
Ranked #84 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not at all impressed. The comforter was stained and it did not have a cover. They just used two flat sheets to sandwich it. Both mornings we stayed the breakfast area was a total mess. Food and sticky stuff on the floor and the tables where not wiped down between customers. I didn't even want to sit down. The shower knob had mold and mildew in it. There was a light on the wall that when turned on shined right into your eyes. It is placed about 4 feet off the floor and pointed up!!!Lastly there were cards everywhere asking us to conserve by hanging towels to dry and not requesting clean towels daily, but there wasn't any place to hand the towels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We would not have stayed the second night if our whole team had not been there. The employees were helpful and courteous which was the only redeeming part of the whole stay.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
salesramadacolumbus, Manager at Ramada Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service and cleanliness level that we strive for. You mentioned that the bed did not have a comforter, the Ramada bedding package no longer includes a comforter, instead we triple sheet with a blanket and then place a bed scarf on each bed. I apologize that the breakfast area was not being refreshed as quickly as it should have been. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings that you experienced during your stay. Once again, thank you for your input.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am not big on doing reviews but after finding them to be very helpful in the recent months I decided to do one. I stayed here about a month ago with my two teenage boys because I am in the process of relocating to Columbus and visiting off and on to find exactly where I want to live and schools for my sons to go to. After looking at all of the reviews I had a mixed feeling but went along and booked a 3 night stay. I'm glad I did! For the price we received a great value. There was still some construction going on and when I pulled up it looked really empty.(Weekday) There was a huge dumpster in the front of the building(I didn't know construction was going on) but inside was more than what I expected. I have stayed at a lot of Nice and expensive hotels and for under $70 a night this was a steal. The room was newly remodeled (besides a small crack I noticed in the tub). The beds were very comfortable and the experience overall was great. My picky sons even complimented the breakfast selection daily. During checkout the location manager actually gave me some helpful info on good areas and schools for my boys. The value was SO GREAT that I am actually about to go book at least another two night stay because again I'm still in the process of relocation to Columbus from Michigan and on a budget. Using yelp I found a lot of tasty and interesting restaurants to go to in the area including a Chinese place down the street and a nice New York style pizza joint. The power of reviews. Love it! Thanks again :). Hope this helps someone looking. Go ahead...save a few bucks!

Room Tip: Reviews are the key. If you have a smart phone or tablet this is your best friend. Trying using yelp...
1  Thank nelly580

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. I apologize that when you arrived that you did not know about our renovation. We are currently replacing all of the carpeting in the hotel so that we can provide a new and updated look. We will look forward to seeing you and your sons again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Initially my adult son and I were planning on going to Salt Fork while the ceilings in my home were being done. I got sick and my doctor advised me not to travel that far from home. I got on the internet and picked Ramada because of the great pricing and it was less than a mile away from home. When I checked in on Sunday afternoon I was still not feeling great. Amanda helped me with everything. She is a amazing girl and such a asset to Ramada. The room was clean and I appreciated that Ramada is eco friendly. Every time I passed an employee they made eye contact and said Good Morning etc. I would give Ramada 5 stars and will return for sure. Again, Amanda gave a 100% and should be rewarded.

Room Tip: Quiet and 2nd floor if not handicapped.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

1  Thank Lara F
salesramadacolumbus, Manager at Ramada Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked a room at the Ramada based on an internet search. I have a disability and cannot sleep lying flat. The website described the handicap room as having a "recliner". I was elated since this is hard to find and was willing to stay a 1/2 hour away from my event to have this luxury. I still did not believe it so I called the hotel the night before to confirm that the room did indeed have a recliner. When I arrived the next day, the staff said they had no recliners in the whole hotel. The person in charge tried calling other hotels to find a room with a recliner but was not able to help me out. I was disappointed that it was listed on their website and I called to confirm, only to find out it did not exist. I told the person in charge they needed to change the website but I see it has not been changed almost a week later. I chose not to stay at the hotel but go closer to the event.

Room Tip: Rooms may not be accurately described on the website. There are no recliners in any rooms for those...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
salesramadacolumbus, Manager at Ramada Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent experience with our hotel. I have been unable to find anything on the hotel's website that states that we have a recliner in our handicapped rooms, unfortunately this hotel does not have a recliner available in any of our rooms. I apologize for the confusion that you experienced with our hotel and staff. Please don't hesitate to contact the hotel with additional information that you might have about our website.