“Abysmal service, bad attitude, and lots of wasted time on the phone”

Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I made two reservations online: one for my mother and one for myself. I phoned this hotel location a couple days later to confirm the reservations and to let them know that we were bringing a pet. The person who answered the phone at this location was rude and surly to me. I said "I've made a reservation, and..." She interrupted me and said, "For what date?" I gave her the date. She said, "Let me check availability." I said, "But I've..." She interrupted me and said, "Sir, you'll have to wait while I check availability!" I said, "But I've..." She tried to interrupt me again, but I persisted "...I've already got a reservation." She said, "Then why did you ask me to check availability?" I explained that I hadn't asked her to, but she became sullen and rude, and claimed that she could find any evidence of the reservations I'd made online. I decided to try to call back the next day to see if I could get a different staff person. I did get a different staff person. This person could find the reservation I'd made for my mother but not the one I'd made for myself, even after I gave her the confirmation numbers for both. She said I'd have to make another reservation for myself then call their reservation line and cancel the one I'd made online, but first I would have to hold while she did something else. At that point, I told her to cancel both reservations. I don't want to stay at a hotel that provides such poor customer service and that has such a poor ability to track reservations.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank markoboston

Reviewed 17 February 2011

The room was clean and did not smell of smoke or pets which is really inportant to me. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had a great visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Akron - Copley. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 16 July 2008

Got a great price on a solid product. $29 per night on Hotwire. This was half the price of the Motel 6 across the freeway that I usually stay in. The room was clean, the kitchen a nice touch, there is an organic grocery nearby, and the staff all knew my name and welcomed me each time I entered the place. I will come back.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2009

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Akron - Copley. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed 14 February 2008

We stayed here on the way to the airport. Not very close about 25 minutes. The room was large with a lazy boy chair and table with fridge micro (no dishwasher) No plates or silver. The beds were comfy and towels were plentiful. No shampoo or hair dryer in the room. It looked very new or had been updated. desk is not there after 11 Pm.

Stayed: February 2008

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Akron - Copley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed 29 October 2007

I got a cheap rate on Priceline, which was the only redeeming quality of this property. While I certainly recognize Extended Stay does not offer the ammenities other properties might, I still expected more.

When I first walked in there was a definite odor to the room. I then noticed that there was (what I assume to be) dog hair everywhere - Covering the floor, chair and bed! Turning down the bed that night, I noticed the bedding was thin and pillows tiny, so I was at least able to get an extra pillow and blanket. The sheets were stained, blankets ripped and something (dust, dirt...who knows) all over them. Did they even change the sheets before I arrived? Couple that with thin walls where you hear every footstep and doorslam around you, and I was certainly not pleased with my stay.

If you're looking for a cheap option in the area - you've definitely found it. I wouldn't recommend it though.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ROTPS144
Reviewed 12 December 2004

The hotel was very clean, safe and quiet. It is perfect for people who are staying longer then just a few days. It also gives you the luxury of cooking your own meals instead of having a cheap hotel continental breakfast. The hotel staff was also very helpful and friendly. I will definantly be staying at exstended stay america again.

1  Thank phangirl32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East? Share your experiences!