“Completely adequate for a business trip”

Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Reviewed 18 August 2014

For a low-cost, extended stay business trip - this fits the bill. It was clean, comfortable, and convenient. The room was spacious and had a decent TV and kitchen area. The bathroom was also purposeful and clean. Everything in the room was well stocked - I didn't need to have the supply of towels or toilet paper restocked. There are several excellent dinning options right down the street. The grab-and-go breakfast was mostly a miss - just apples, bars, and muffins. If that is important, perhaps it's worth the additional cost to stay at a place with complimentary hot breakfast. If you don't have 5 star expectations, you should find that this hotel delivers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel room was poor. It had a musty smell; the towels smelled funny and they were hard to the touch. You do not receive housekeeping unless you stay for 6 nights or more. The grounds had a beetle infestation and the property was not clean. However, at $75 night, how much can you really complain? If you're a college kid on a limited budget, then this is for you. If you are bringing your family to the are, stay away. I will never stay at this pretty again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here because our insurance paid for it and they took pets. The pet rooms are actually nicer than the regular rooms. The staff were not rude but definitely not personable. The room seemed to lack simple things like a pen and a note pad and even asking at the desk didn't yield one. The rooms were clean however.

The kitchenette is so basic. It lacked so many things one would need to stay for any length of time of it more than 2 people stay. You really couldn't cook a meal. The contents are as follows:: 1 sauce pan, 1 frying pan, 2 plates, 2 sauces, 2 coffee mugs, 2 cups and a colander. That's it! There are 2 of all the silverware as well. There is also a spatula but no spoons for serving or mixing. There was also one big table spoon. I was hard pressed to make a simple meal for 2 people.

Long story, but we ended up with two different rooms on two different nights. One was a pet room which is why I know they are better than the regular rooms. In the 2nd room I went to take a shower and there was only one setting in the shower-- on or off and it was only luke warm water. We called the front desk and were promptly told that we were not properly operating the faucets and that we had to understand we are on the 3rd floor. I was told they would get someone on it in the morning. I had to push for a new room.

They agreed to put us in the room next door but first had to see if it was clean. Mind you this was 8:30pm. I would hope an empty room was cleaned by then! The water worked fine in the shower so it wasn't operator error and it wasn't the result of being on the 3rd floor.

Upon check out I again let them know about the situation in the other room with the shower faucet. A different person this time, pointed out to me the handles are on backwards and I probably wasn't doing it correctly. I left completely disgusted. I won't let my insurance company put me back in this hotel again!

Room Tip: chose a pet room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pet-friendly policy. Still, I apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol to ensure that this issue does not affect future guests. Also, your feedback regarding our fully equipped kitchens will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The water is awful. However it was friendly, bed was good ( 4 pillows, I liked that ) small kitchen you can really use.free coffee and some breakfast snacks in the morning Not upscale but close to everything, and a good price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The accommodations were very satisfactory and a good value considering the nice kitchen facilities provided in the room.
To me what made my stay very nice was Diane at the front desk who really was cordial, accommodating and helpful in many ways. Also the cleaning staff was very sincere in wanting things to be just right.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

we normally stay at the StudioPlus across the street from Extended stay but since it was booked we decided to try Extended Stay - it was just as nice - except that the room did not have an oven (but did have a stove and microwave) and no pool (which wouldn't have been open yet anyhow) the room was nice, there is a grocery store nearby and lots of restaurants w/in walking distance. We had a dog with us which is great to be able to do - and she even found another dog to play frisbee with. It was definately a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Deidre - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying at our Extended Stay America hotel as much as you have at the Studio Plus across the street. Both properties do have a lot to offer, especially being so close to a lot of great shopping and restaurants.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I was happy with the room. Best to book online and check reservation twice. The rooms were very clean ans well kept. THe lobby was clean. Nice little grab and go breakfast in the morning. could have had more out but it was nice. Some of the staff needs to be retrained or fired. I must say there was one staff member named Danielle who was awesome. The hotel is close to shops and supermarket.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for your kind comments about Danielle, I am sorry that the staff as a whole were unable to attend to your needs properly. Still, I am very happy to read that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, that you enjoyed our newest feature, the grab and go breakfast.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mlash@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#2 of 5 in Fairlawn
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East? Share your experiences!