“Not impressed”

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbia, South Carolina
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First, we were given rooms with only 1 bed when we order rooms with 2. We woke up at 2:30 am to kids running back and forth down the halls and banging on the walls. Their exercise room was very bare with only 3 or 4 cardio machines and 2 of them were broken. Also, the breakfast was expensive for the quality.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Golfer_JB
himansu205, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Golfer_JB,

We are sorry that your stay at the Radisson did not meet your expectations. We wish you had informed us of your complaints while you were here because we would have been more than happy to help fix the problem. We have a front desk employee available to handle any problems and concerns 24 hours of the day. We hope that if you stay at the Radisson Akron again, you will not hesitate to tell us about any issues. In addition, we are currently undergoing thorough renovations in the entire hotel, which include an updated fitness room.

Himansu Patel

Radisson Akron/Fairlawn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
Streator, Illinois
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Arrived in the area late in the day. Tried several other hotels, and they were booked. One of them helped out and called the Radisson to book a couple of rooms for us. The rooms were kind of high priced ($140). We needed (2) rooms, so to keep the price down, I took a "stand by room" because they only had (1) $140 room. The bathroom had wallpaper peeling off behind the door, and the bathroom door handle was very loose. The room was quiet and I slept well, so that was good. I reported what I found to the front desk when I checked out. He said those rooms were up to be remodelled. At that price, a little something for breakfast would have been nice.

Room Tip: I think the king rooms were remodelled already, so make them a first choice.
1 Thank Chuckiepoo
SAINT PAUL
Reviewed 16 October 2012

All staff members were extremely accommodating and gracious -- especially at the front desk. I essentially stayed within the hotel virtually all of the time I was there since the business purpose for the trip was a conference in the hotel. The staff quickly came to not only recognize me but also anticipate my needs and learn my preferences. That is very unusual. Plus they all worked in coordination and supportively to assure that the event I was there for was run efficiently, effectively and successfully. Absolutely top notch people all the way. I would recommend this spot for anyone and any purpose because they excel at making you feel comfortable and welcome.

6 Thank JohnHottinger
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Hotel is very clean and up to date with modern room upgrades. Staff is very help full and will do anything to make you feel comfortable. Try the indoor pool and enjoy a drink at the relaxing bar lounge. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Thank you Radisson!

10 Thank Plinio C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 October 2012

In the event business I'm booking out team into hotels about 30 weekends each year. It is important to me that the hotel staff handle room assignment changes easily and correctly. This hotel did it nicely, working with Jayshree, who also checked us in quickly. Because our event was earlier than the normal breakfast hour of 7am the hotel responded to my request to provide an earlier breakfast and it was served beginning at 5am.
The rooms were clean. The beds were comfy.
The treatment we received from the staff was great. We'll be back.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank PacerJim
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed 1 October 2012

There has been a back and forth discussion about this property on TA, but my experience was very, very positive. The front desk clerk was great and assured me I would have a rennovated king sized bed room on a non-smoking floor with minimal noise. He knew the rooms well. I went to the room and was very impressed. I like a cold room to sleep in and getting the temp to 62 was no problem. I bring my own pillow, but would not have needed it. The sleep number bed is a nice plus. The TV was new and a large flat screen. The bar is pleasant.The food menu is weak, but not a problem. There are so many extremely nearby restaurants that it just is not an issue. One new one is called Steak and Stone or something like that and is a fun place to visit. My pre paid rate was very good. No complaints. One of the best places to stay if you have business in the Medina/Montrose/Fairlawn area, or for a golf tournament at Firestone.

Room Tip: smoking rooms are on upper floors. good idea actually.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
11 Thank ohbo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

We came to Akron, OH for my son's judo competition and stayed one night in this hotel. Rooms were clean, staff friendly and breakfast tasty. There are also several good restaurants in the walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vladimir T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!