“Nice place to stay”

Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The front desk person when I checked in was very nice and welcoming, the room was very nice and warm on a cold evening (below 0 windchill). The restaurant in the morning buffet was nice as well. Only downside the evening restaurant service was less than ideal. I waited for a person to come and seat me and no one came. I noticed four ladies sitting down having a drink but no further service. I went to a restaurant down the street and when I got back the four ladies were still there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jan M

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed again at this Radisson last week ( Jan. 8th & 9th ). I was acknowledged being a carlson member and upgraded without even telling them I was. The staff , as always, was great! I feel so comfortable and welcome at this hotel. Looks like they updated the place again from the last visit, 3 months ago. I can never figure out why a guest would write a negative review about this hotel. I have never had a problem here and the staff couldn't be nicer and more helpful and the beds..... there is no description on how comfortable they are. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in the area. I have business in Cleveland but always stay here because of the treatment I get. I know a good hotel when I see it.

Bob McGohan

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We spent 5 nights here over the Christmas Holidays! We were not disappointed! The staff was friendly and professional. They were not super busy due to the Holidays but made it a point to tell us that if we wanted a drink or snack, just to let them know and they would take care of it for us. The rooms are being renovated and the carpet and and walls were fresh and the rooms were clean. We had a very comfy bed, a room safe, a sofa, and a mini refrigerator and nice flat screen tv. When there are lots of family visiting the area and we need a hotel, I will use and recommend this hotel . The location is also great with many restaurants and shopping complexes near.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Floridagal32571
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We have stayed there possibly for 6 years flying from ATL to CAK a couple times a year to visit my son his wonderful wife and our grand children. We make several visits to family members in the area and do not take full advantages of the amenities provided by this well -run Radisson. This year in our bustle to keep up with the grand kids and kids my wife lost an ear ring. We looked in the car, in the snow, in other places but to no avail.. We were more than merely pleased when up returning to our room the housekeeper had found the (one of a kind) earring and placed it on the night stand so we would see it. I know it is the right thing to do and possibly you should NOT praise people for the things that are expected, but I have high praise for our housekeeper and the staff at this Radisson Inn for letting us reward our housekeeper in a modest way for being an honest person. We will be back in May, we wish we could have used the pool and the exercise area more, but we were busy with the snow, the kids, the grand kids and the terrific New Years family parties. Thanks again to a wonderful staff and an honest person that let my wife's set of ear rings survive.

.......

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mike_W_Stock
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I was very pleased with my recent stay over the holidays. The sleep number bed is so comfortable and there is a mini-fridge in the room along with a desk and free WIFI. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there anytime I am in the Akron area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Christine J
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I was tasked with finding accomodations for a group of 16 women for a weekend getaway. Jayshree was fantastic in making sure we were ALL happy and satisfied! She AND her staff went way beyond expectations. It was agreed 100% to return AND we have invited others! While the hotel was in the midst of some updates it was still very nice AND clean and we are looking forward to seeing all the bright new changes!
Thank you from ALL the PAWWS attendees!!

Room Tip: Great for groups!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Michstamps
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Hotel was extremely accommodating staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were recently updated, clean and very comfortable. Over 20 rooms were used to house a wedding party and guests. Everyone had a wonderful experience. I recommend you ask for Jayshree when booking your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mike G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
2 mi away
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!