“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Earth
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We came to Akron on a business trip and decided to stay at this hotel. It was awesome! The newly renovated pool and fitness center couldn't be better. The workout equipment was above and beyond, brand new equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, a bike, and an interchangeable weight machine. The pool was clean and refreshing; The hot tub was so nice, jets were powerful and the temperature wasn't unbearable. Decent sized breakfast buffet in the morning with quite a few vegetarian options and the room was excellent. Clean, spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable, I had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. The location was great, in walking distance to several options of restaurants including Tres Portillas, an excellent Mexican Restaurant and Wasabi, the best most exciting Japanese steak house I have ever been too. Even Burger king, Outback, Steak on a Stone, and TGIFridays was just a short stroll away. Better yet, there were so many shopping and other restaurant options less than a mile down the road. I loved walking around at night by the hotel, you could see the whole city and the lights were beautiful. On top of all that, the employees were AMAZING! Everyone was so extremely nice. The bartender Aaron was a great guy, very kind and generous. The waitress for breakfast (I forget here name) was so sweet and very warm-hearted. She made me feel very comfortable and she was very attentive. The Indian women at the front desk (I also forget her name, my apologies) was excellent. She was prompt, kind, and always greeted me with a smile and a kind hello. She went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be, she was just awesome. One thing is for sure, I would no doubt, stay here again and again and on any trips back to this area whether it was business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MonkeySmurf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We were visiting family in the Akron area for a couple days and the online rate available for the Radisson Inn Akron/Fairlawn was at least $20/night better than "comparable" lodging (Courtyard, Hampton Inn, etc.) facilities so we went for it. Our arrival went well (we had requested a disabled room) and we were escorted to our room (our escort refused the tip I offered him, saying it was his pleasure). The room was nicely furnished (again at the mid-grade level), the heat and shower worked well, and we had no problems or complications during our stay. All and all, it was a pleasant, uneventful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susan_and_Mike93
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I brought my family of five to this hotel for three nights last week. We usually stay inside the areas of Millersburg and Berlin when we visit Amish Country, however, we also wanted to visit a couple of amish towns inside the Pennsylvania border, so this location was perfect for us.
I was greeted and checked in by a very friendly and efficient man named Kelly. I can't enough nice things about him... just over the top, helpful.
The room was very nice! Great beds! We also had a nice, small sleeper sofa in the room. (good for 1 adult or two small children)Roomy, nice decor and very clean. Large bathroom. The interior of the hotel, itself, is very tastefully decorated, looks brand new. Breakfast is buffet style for around $9/person at the hotel restaurant
As far as the cons... none of which would stop me from staying here again, by the way. We had asked for a room near an exit, so we were assigned a room in the back. Our card key only worked on the first night. This is the outside door that lets us inside the building, so my husband had to run to the next entrance door and go thru to open the door for us. We alerted a hotel staff nearby and he said he'd address the problem. It never did work for us. It worked for our room, but this particular outside door didn't recognize our card. I know they have recently gone thru renovations, and it may still be on-going, but the outside stairs to the building needs to be repainted. The pool was just ok. Water was clear but very green looking. Fresh paint on the walls looked good, lots of laundered towels neatly stacked on the shelf. The kids used the pool and had fun. We enjoyed the hot tub. The floor in the pool area is yellow with black swirls or something... I had to look close to see whether this was a cleanliness problem or a design in the tile. (It IS clean, but it makes you look twice before figuring that out.)

Overall, I thought the room was real nice, comfortable, clean and would describe the hotel interior as elegant.

Room Tip: It was nice and quiet in the back. (The entrance in the back has stairs, so if you have a disability...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Nickie623
Sussex County, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our visit to the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn was only a stopover on two different nights in the same week.. Early December is hardly a major tourist period, and we were nearly the only people in the hotel other than staff. The exercise room was being remodeled, so that was out of commission on the first nigt and technically the restaurant was closed as well This stay could have been a miserable experience given the unexpected problems. But the amazing staff made us feel like visiting royalty. They let us choose the room we wanted, then found someone to cook dinner and breakfast for us and promised that the gym would be ready upon our return. Sure enough, three nights later we walked in to be greeted by the manager who pointed out that the gym was ready and we had the same room we'd picked the first time with direct access to a patio, the gym, and the indoor pool. Under normal circumstances this would be a generally pleasant, mid-range hotel with a limited restaurant menu and rate probably three stars. But the staff makes this a four-star place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne F
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

This is an old hotel. The room furnishings are old and worn. The sleep number bed didn t work. The wallpaper is peeling. The bathrooms are outdated. The service was good. The location is very close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank toptip1000
himansu205, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear toptip1000,

We are sorry that your stay at the Radisson did not meet your expectations. However, we are currently undergoing thorough renovations and updating every inch of the hotel. The entire exterior has already been completed and includes a brand new parking lot and painted walls. We are now working on renovating the whole interior, including all guest rooms, bathrooms, hallways, the lobby and restaurant. We will very soon have all new furniture in the rooms. Furthermore, every item in the rooms will be replaced as well, decorations. We expect the renovations to be completed by the end of the year. We hope you consider staying at the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn again after the updates are completed.

Radisson Akron/Fairlawn
Ellicott City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The front desk person when I checked in was very nice and welcoming, the room was very nice and warm on a cold evening (below 0 windchill). The restaurant in the morning buffet was nice as well. Only downside the evening restaurant service was less than ideal. I waited for a person to come and seat me and no one came. I noticed four ladies sitting down having a drink but no further service. I went to a restaurant down the street and when I got back the four ladies were still there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jan M
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed again at this Radisson last week ( Jan. 8th & 9th ). I was acknowledged being a carlson member and upgraded without even telling them I was. The staff , as always, was great! I feel so comfortable and welcome at this hotel. Looks like they updated the place again from the last visit, 3 months ago. I can never figure out why a guest would write a negative review about this hotel. I have never had a problem here and the staff couldn't be nicer and more helpful and the beds..... there is no description on how comfortable they are. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in the area. I have business in Cleveland but always stay here because of the treatment I get. I know a good hotel when I see it.

Bob McGohan

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Bob M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Akron Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!