“First Timer”

Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I am a long time Hampton guest. I came a FIRST time ever Radison guest due to them having the size room I needed when visiting in the Fairlawn area. I can not remember the woman's name at the front desk, I apologize. She said she was from the Connecticut area and was a co-owner. All I know for sure was she was AWESOME! We put some extra requests on her due to some unexpected needs,she came through each time:) Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Really like the size of our room and how clean it was. We were greeted every morning by housekeeping,you don't get that at most hotels. And my wife loved the smell of your soap,it's not like every other hotels cheap brand. If I would suggest anything it's that your some of your roll-away bed mattresses need replaced. But it was a GREAT first stay,will stay here again:)

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament in the area. When we walked in to the lobby, we were greeted and all was good, but the lobby needs refurbished....the front desk was made of wood, and was all scratched and did not look good. The restaurant and bar area were empty which made me believe that either nobody was at the hotel, or nobody enjoyed the food. The restaurant/bar area should be enclosed, but was all open, and did not look like a place I would enjoy a nice dinner. Pool area was clean, but pool is not heated and the water is ice cold. Room was a bit dated with the furniture, and could use a bit of a face-lift. Outside doors and steps area were shabby and in need of either a good cleaning or good paint job. Overall the room was clean, but everything in the hotel including the fake plants in the planters could use a really good cleaning, or replaced. I read somewhere online that they are renovating, but I did not see anything going on while we were there. There are a ton of hotels in this area, and I would stay here again, but I would also compare rates with the other hotels in the area, and see who would offer the best rate.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great location with good eateries up and down the block. Room was quite decent, with a mini refrig and nice sized flat screen with HD channels. HD channels a plus. Feels like a little older property, but its been maintained and kept up. Staff was very outgoing and nice. Buffet breakfast was good and fast, but similar to most hotel lobby breakfasts, was somewhat limited. Sleep number bed was new for me hotel-wise, but it was comfortable enough. The hotel is at the end of the cul-de-sac, so its a very quiet area. But you might want to request a room facing the street, mine faced the interstate and there was some minor road noise. I think this is an older building, but its been

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

"We had a block of rooms for guests at our daughter's wedding. The manager and staff made our stay there completely stress-free. The manager recognized my daughter upon our arrival and greeted us by name. We had made up wedding welcome bags for our wedding guests staying at the hotel and the staff were happy to distribute them to our wedding guests as they checked in. The breakfast was excellent and the lobby area was roomy enough for us to visit and say goodbye to our friends and relatives as they had breakfast and checked out on Sunday morning. I have stayed in many hotels, but I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a genuine and personal welcoming feeling from every hotel staff member we encountered. Also, several of our wedding guests that stayed at the hotel also made remarks to me about what a nice hotel it was and how enjoyable their stay was. Tip of the hat to everyone there!"

1  Thank PJB5876
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Nice hotel, decent breakfast (not free). Staff was very friendly. We had a king size room with a balcony. The sliding glass door didn't have a screen-so we couldnt keep it open because of bugs coming in. They have sleep number beds, which we are not a fan of. The room was clean. TV worked well.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms aren't worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My daughter was recently married in Cuyahoga Falls and she made arrangements for many of the guests to stay at the Radisson in Fairlawn. The management was pleasant and easy to work with. On Sunday morning we had breakfast together, the food was wonderful and staff kept our cup full of good, hot coffee.

1  Thank Kirk B
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night, and chose it because the cost was decent compared to other local hotels. We liked the fact that it had a pool, although beware because it is NOT heated even though it is indoor, and in fact it was downright freezing cold. My 2-year-old and I stayed in the hot tub.

One thing I did not appreciate was that when I made the reservation, I indicated that I needed my room de-feathered, including pillows and comforter. When I checked in, it was not done, but the front desk promised it would be done in a half hour. Sure enough, an hour later nothing had been done, so I had to return to the front desk to ask again, and was told "the guy with the keys just got here." I was upset because finally they brought pillows at 10pm (at least 90 minutes after we checked in), way past the 2-year-old's bedtime. This made me really upset.

The breakfast is average, and is not included -- costs $8.95 a person, and kids it free.

All in all, not a really pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Pool is not heated.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chadwinkler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Fairlawn
Super 8 Copley Akron
Super 8 Copley Akron
#2 of 11 in Copley

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!