“DISGUSTING”

Econo Lodge - Akron
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Copley
“DISGUSTING”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This place is too gross for words. I'm not a high maintenance person by any means, and I couldn't handle this. I had to though since my husband was sleeping away. You can feel every spring in the bed so my back kills and I was awake most of the night, there's pubic and head hair in our towels and blankets, our room stinks like who knows what, the toilet paper roll was empty, the tiny bit of water that comes out in the bathroom sprays all over the place, we were greeted with a used condom at the front if the hotel, there is mold in the mattress, and breakfast is very small with only a couple options and 2 tables. Please spare yourself and sleep outside under the stars if you must. Or paying 20 extra for any of the many hotels around here would be worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2012
harry P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Akron, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2012

booked a room here as it was all that was left during the Bridgestone golf, place was a dump, stinky dirty and disgusting , they should be ashamed to even have it on their webpages- comfort Inn- i sent them a message also. front staff never left the chair and were quite grumpy!!! never again will i ever use an econolodge!!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Evanston, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel should be closed. The carpet in the hallways as well as in the rooms are loose. The room smelled like old mold. The bathroom sink kept stopping up and the shower curtain rod had rust where the screws go into the wall. The refrigerator did not get cold. The furniture was very old and the finish was coming off the furniture. The staff was polite, but the hotel is in need of a complete overhaul. I will never stay at another Econo Lodge anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 June 2012

When my room wasn't ready and I told them I wouldn't be back until after 11pm, I was told "no problem." Thats where the positive comments end. When I arrived at 11:40 i had to wait over 20 minutes for anyone to show up at the front desk without an apology to boot. Once in my room I found stained sheets and chairs, frayed towels and a less than pleasant odor. This hotel isn't expensive, but still not worth the price. Please don't waste your money here.

• Stayed June 2012

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Positive: Once we got in the room it was ok.
Negative: Non-smoking is on the 2nd floor so the "fumes" travel up. No elevator. The hallways stink, for lack of a better word. Floors are saggy. Old facility. Lots of parking. Close to a Macaroni Grill. Only 2 tables in breakfast area.

Room Tip: For one night if you are traveling light it's ok.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bellbrat1971
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Completely horrible experience. The halls smelled strongly of marijuana, the outside door didn't need a card to access (it was broken), thus, anyone could enter, poor management...they turned a blind eye to our report of the illegal activity we saw going on in their hotel & wanted nothing to do with it, we couldn't get all our money back despite the fact that we didn't end up staying there. Save yourself the stress & go elsewhere.

Room Tip: go across the road to a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Millerites
Fremont, IN
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed overnight and the hotel was fine. They accept dogs which was nice and the room was comfortable and quiet. The night we stayed there was a lot of snow overnight. They did not plow AT ALL the next morning and the parking lot was a mess. We waited a while for them to plow it before we left. No one was helpful about whether it WOULD get plowed or when. We tried to get out and got stuck and had to call a tow truck to get us out. Their only help was to hand us a shovel! If not for that, the stay would have been great but that colored it negative.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank RowdyRandi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Quality Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Econo Lodge - Akron? Share your experiences!