“Fossils you can hold!”

Akron Fossils & Science Center
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Copley
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My daughters loved holding some fossils during the group presentation. We learned more about dinosaurs. I appreciate the scientific information presented. The outside fenced play area is a great place for kids to explore. We love the giant slide and the merry-go-round. Little ones love the kids-size seated "zip line", and I enjoyed the adult zip line. I love the volunteer Cindy Julius - she is so good with kids and adults. Water bottles and drinks for sale. We definitely will be back.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I took my 2 daughters there because we had a coupon. I am Christian, but the beliefs of this place are extreme!!!! I wanted to plug my children's ears when they told my girls that dinosaurs were on Noah's ark!!! What!!??! The play area outside was ok.

7  Thank CFmama
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I went a while ago, and haven't had the time to write a review. This is an amazing museum! I loved the bible area. Most museums never focus on the biblical history. The outside area was amazing as well! The zip line was by far the best part of the outside area. All in all, I would definitely go here again!

1  Thank NaturegirlOH
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The words 'fossil' and 'science' do not belong in the center's title as there are very little fossils and absolutely NO science. If you believe the earth is 6,000 yrs old (num obtained by adding up the ages of all people in the bible, lol) and humans walked along side dinosaurs than this is your place. Also, the facility itself is the size of the ave home with maybe 5 fossils and the 1 acre of grounds is poorly maintained, for example; there is a sliding board approximately 20 ft high that looks to be built by a child, extremely unsafe and in poor condition. Do not waste $3 and valuable time!

8  Thank NichSteno
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We found the fossils very interesting, the kids spent a lot of time looking, touching, and even handling some of them. It was very educational. I packed a picnic lunch, which we ate in the picnic area. The children then spent several hours, riding the zip line, playing putt putt, and playing on the many other play ground equipment. A wonderful day!!

1  Thank Rachel A

Been to Akron Fossils & Science Center? Share your experiences!