“Don't Bother”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Copley, Ohio, United States
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Neither my husband or I had steaks because we saw other patrons red-faced and looking like they would pass out from the heat radiated by the cooking bricks. We should have just walked out then and there! Instead, we each ordered their so-called "Greek specialties" the food was bland, not served at the proper temperature and a minuscule portion for the price.

• Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Closed down ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This place has closed down since I last been there. It was a half way decent place. A different experience. Let's see what new restaurant will be opening up now.

“Do not waste your $”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I do not recall the exact date I had dinner at this restaurant, however it was early summer 2013. I was surprised there were only at most 3 other couples in the entire place. As in other reviews my meal was ok at best, the stone is very hot and the steak is just to well done. Salad is bland. Bread is too salty. The worst part, one of the waiters actually was arguing with another employee! Completely shocking. The restaurant appeared to need a cleaning also. I would never return.

• Visited June 2013
Connecticut
“Novelty restaurant, needs some fine-tuning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

SoaS was chosen by a family member for its novelty, and I think one visit was enough. Yes, you cook your meat on a little stone heated to 750 degrees. It puts out so much heat that you may start sweating, despite the frigid temperature of the restaurant. Those who order pre-cooked meals from the menu probably freeze during dinner. I disagree with those who say that cooking your own means that you get exactly what you want. The stone cooked meat so quickly that my filet went well beyond medium rare before I could finish cutting it into pieces and removing them from the stone to a separate place on the plate -- where they became cold while I attended to the rest of the meat. If I pay $20 for a 6 oz. steak, I would rather have a professional cook it the way it should be cooked. The steak came with a choice of soup or salad and a side dish. The baked potato was fine, but the salad was poor. It was a bowl of very large (and not the freshest) pieces of lettuce cut up with a knife -- rather unappetizing. Diners also get to choose 2 sauces for their steak from a group of 8. Béarnaise was bland, like putting fat on the steak. House steak sauce was very vinegary. Onion horseradish was called "disgusting and inedible" by a diner. A salt-topped bread was served to the table. Speaking of salt, the stones have big grains of salt sprinkled on top which stick to the steak. As we ate, we bit into the salt, and not realizing that it hadn't melted, we thought we were eating sand, or as one diner put it, she thought she had broken a tooth. Finally, the service wasn't bad -- our server was attentive --but she kept trying to take plates when we hadn't finished the food on them.
I would like to see the restaurant fix the wall that's full of patches and stains, use a finer salt on the stones, improve the quality of the salad and add some other items to it, and warn diners that the stones cook so quickly that levels of doneness other than well done may not be achievable. The laminated single-sheet menu crowded with words and colors looks pretty down-scale.

• Visited August 2013
Queensbury, NY
“Simple and filling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great prices, most meals are under 4 dollars. Food is basic fast food, with some added twist. Great place to bring kids for a quick meal.

Visited July 2013