“Wonderful way to start off the holiday season”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copley
The Whimsical Pig Bed and Breakfast at Wolf Creek
Ranked #1 of 1 Copley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband surprised me with a visit to the Whimsical Pig Bed and Breakfast right after Thanksgiving. My first thought was that I really didn't have time to be away from home right at the start of the holiday season, but I was so wrong! The minute we arrived at the Whimsical Pig, we were met at the door by Ron and Sue. What a wonderful couple. We shared some wine, crackers and cheese, and good conversation as we got to know this couple and their dream of opening a bed and breakfast. Our room, as well as the entire house, was beautifully decorated for Christmas. It was truly an inspiration for me to go home and try to duplicate what I had seen. We spent a wonderful evening relaxing and enjoying our peaceful surroundings. Our trip turned out to be a great way to start the holiday season. I can't wait to go back in the summer and enjoy the beautiful gardens and spend some time at this wonderful home away from home!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Wow, what a wonderful place to stay. My wife and I recently spent a night at the Whimsical Pig Bed and Breakfast. Words cannot describe how wonderful this place is to stay. Ron and Sue, the innkeepers, were a delight and they really made us feel right at home. We were greeted at the door by name and there was a slate board with our names on it to greet us. What a personal greeting. When we got there we were we were invited into their family room for samplings of various cheeses and wine. The conversation was very friendly and they loved explaining how the inn came to be. The building was originally two farm houses, the first built in 1876 and the second in 1910. Both houses were joined by a common wall to make one big house. Ron and Sue bought the property in 1995 with the intent of restoring it. Some 18 years later, restoration complete, they opened the Whimsical Pig B and B in May of this year (2013). The house is decorated with many antiques, and very artistically and tastefully done.

Our room was expertly appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The bath was separate from the room, but very big with double sinks, a two person Jacuzzi and a separate shower stall. The breakfast was fantastic , and Sue is an excellent cook. The meal was very tasty and not overdone. Nice.

We stayed there in December, and therefore, could not enjoy the outside patios and the large yard area, all covered under a blanket of snow. We look forward to staying there in the summer so we can enjoy all the inn has to offer.

We heartily recommend the Whimsical Pig to all. We have stayed at many B and Bs, and this is the best of the best.

J.R. from Columbus, OH

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chester White room, but all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I came up for a concert at nearby Blossom Music Center that turned out to be a disappointment. But I'm happy to say that staying at the Whimsical Pig made up for it. We only wish we had left more time to spend there. The house and decor are wonderful. The bed was comfortable, and my wife really enjoyed a relaxing bubble bath in the Jacuzzi tub. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast Sue made for us (oatmeal crème brûlée ) that was outstanding. We are both looking forward to having another chance to stay there in the hopefully near future. Aside from checking out the nearby wineries, we would be quite happy just relaxing at the Whimsical Pig.
Thanks!
Eric & Missy (Melissa)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband I visited the Whimsical Pig in August for our anniversary. It is a garden lover's paradise! The beautiful flower gardens and pond surround an exquisitely renovated home. Our room was a wonderfully decorated suite. Our dinner and breakfast were exceptional. The Innkeepers, Sue and Ron, are delightful. This is truly one of the best B&Bs. We will definitely visit this one again.

1  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our stay in August at the Whimsical Pig was nothing short of remarkable! Sue and Ron , our hosts, welcomed us into their breathtakingly beautiful home. We felt as though we were invited to dwell amid magazine pages or transported to an HGTV-like abode. The décor was not only lovely to look at but we were educated in the historical significance of the wide array of antiques found within. Upon our arrival, we enjoyed wine and cheese on one of the patios overlooking the tranquil water feature. From our guestroom we drank in the vineyard vistas of the neighboring Winery at Wolf Creek. Did I mention the fabulous breakfasts and coffee alfresco while savoring the colorful gardens? My husband and I enjoyed the conversations and travel advice of our hosts guiding us to shopping, Blossom Music Center, Sarah's Vineyard and Stan Hywet Hall, all within a 20 minute drive. We highly recommend a stay at the Whimsical Pig...what a delight! We look forward to a return visit and a chance to reconnect with Sue and Ron. Long live the Whimsical Pig!
Thanks again, Kim and Larry R

Room Tip: Choose the room with the Jacuzzi, very relaxing and romantic.
3  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Whimsical Pig for one night during the first weekend in June. I'm usually the one who plans our vacations and weekend getaways, so I was thrilled when my husband surprised me by choosing this fantastic B&B. I'm not an expert connoisseur of inns and B&Bs but over the last few years I've gotten really into staying at them when we travel instead of the usual cookie cutter hotel. I'm pretty choosy about where we stay and I always use Tripadvisor for advice, so I've never stayed at a bad B&B, just plenty of ones that range from good to mediocre. The Whimsical Pig is the nicest, most relaxing experience at a B&B we've had. Susan and Rob, the proprietors, spent several years lovingly restoring their large and elegant home before deciding to open it as a B&B just a month or two ago. Since they spent years staying at B&Bs themselves, they knew all of the nice touches and things to add to make a guest's stay relaxing and memorable. This included some treats when we arrived, a great breakfast, a beautiful and inviting garden, and a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. They were also super nice and made us feel at home and very welcome.

Being an avid gardener, botanist, and lover of flowers, I really enjoyed the gardens on their property -- the website photos were what convinced my husband to choose the Whimsical Pig. An antiques enthusiast would absolutely love all of the great antiques which decorated each room at the house. However, the B&B does not seem like a museum and certainly not dated -- it is very warm and welcoming. I don't know a lot about antiques but I loved the whimsy and attention to detail given to each room. And, the place was spotless -- immaculate. I don't think i've ever seen such shiny beautiful wood floors!

Our bed was comfortable and afforded a much needed good night's sleep. We'd definitely like to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple