“I have to be honest....”

Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I debated whether or not to do a review on this property, but I just have to because I have so much to say.
First off, I should have known something when I called and asked about an early check-in. The young told me she would have to call me back and let me know about the checkin process. After an hour a young man called me back and said he wouldn't be sure about early check-in but that I could call after 1pm to see. This isn't out of the norm but shouldn't everyone working the front desk know the hotel's policy?
Now the check-in. I checked in at around 2:30pm and they gave me room 309. I walked in and opened the closet to put my things away and there is mens underwear on the floor! Ok, maybe house keeping doesn't check the closet not too big of a deal right? I go into the bathroom and there's a bar of used soap still in the shower! That was a bit much.
So i request a new room. No problem they give me room 301. It's a bigger room, which I appreciate, but.... The bathroom sink leaks, the water doesn't drain in the shower!
I'm not the smallest guy in the world(about 260lb) so when I raise up off of the stained couch the cushions stay pressed down into the sofa. They stayed that way overnight.
It's like the owner bought new items, painted and didn't bother to fix any old problems in this hotel.
I say it was average only because the staff was decent but the element of professionalism wasn't the feel I got from this establishment....
I could go on but I won't. I was just disappointed, maybe I expected too much!

Room Tip: This place was rated 4.5 out of 5 so I really don't know what to tell you?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dastony1969
BestWesternPlusAkron, AGM at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear dastony1969,

I am sorry to hear your stay at Best Western Plus did not meet your expectations. We are currently training new hires, and we stress to always provide correct information; it is a learning process and as our staff grows and develops, they will be able to provide a better experience. Again, I am sorry about your recent stay with us. I hope you give us a chance in the future to offer our services and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Pulled the covers back to get in bed and there was dirt and some stains on the bed. Had to change rooms at midnight. The pool was closed before the stated time. The girl who checked us out was not dressed for business showing way too much cleavage .Overall impression was that this place needs someone checking up on the staff. I was disappointed compared to other Best Westerns I've stayed out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SycamoreSue

I would like to start by apologizing for the recent experience you had with us at our property. We are truly sorry that we could not exceed your expectations. In terms of the key card for the pool, we will have maintenance take a look at that, sometimes due to daylight savings, we do have to re-configure some devices; if this were to happen again please ask any of our staff to give you access to the pool within the stated pool hours. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for bringing these things to our attention.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Plenty to like. Clean, well maintained, friendly staff. No negatives I can think of.
Location has plenty restaurants and shopping nearby. Plenty parks nearby to enjoy as well. No shortage of stuff to do in nearby Cleveland too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Desk at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Scott G,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our cleanliness and and friendly staff. Thank you for your kind words; we hope to have you stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Overall, a very good Hotel experience. Many great dining options in walking distance. The Staff was friendly and attentive. Asked for some specific directions to a location in downtown Akron, and the lady printed me off a specific MapQuest page with directions...very helpful!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Terrence L,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear you had a very good experience staying with us. We take pride in offering the best service, and we are glad to hear our staff was able to make your visit as stress-free as possible.

Again, thank you for your feedback; we look forward to having you stay with us when you are back in town.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ram behind the counter had great conversations with us and we were pleased to make friends. The facilities were OK, although the hotel was a little bit smaller than we had hoped for. Pool and hot tub were medium sized and the workout area was only a few machines (very small). We stayed in a king suite and were pleased with the room except that many outlets did not work and the couch was horrible to sit on (not comfy at all). They were also doing construction on the roof and there was constant banging all day, which was a pain in the but when we were trying to get away on a vacation, away from all the racket of home!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am really glad that Ram was able to accommodate you well. However, I'd like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay. During our renovation earlier this year, we infact increased the spaces in our breakfast area and fitness room in compliance with ADA standards. This compliance also limits the amount of equipment that we can place in the fitness room. Thank you for bringing some maintenance issues to our attention.

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your feedback!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We chose to stay in Akron as it was less expensive than the Best Western in Canton. 25 minutes away from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Nice clean rooms and bed. Hot breakfast was good. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeste E

Dear Celeste E,

Thank you for leaving positive feed back. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary, hot breakfast in the morning.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great Hotel...Very friendly, super clean and very quiet! I would definitely stay again...The King Jr. Suite was huge and decorated really nice. Bed was very comfy!! Pool and hot tub were great. One of the nicest BW we have stayed at!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rhonda S

Dear Rhonda S,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you were able to enjoy the quality of our rooms as well as our indoor pool and hot tub.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell us how your stay was. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Jay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
2 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!