Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$82
US$86
US$47
US$40
US$76
Priceline
Super 8 Copley Akron(Copley)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$76
US$58
Priceline
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron(Copley)(Great Value!)
US$87
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubwafflesbusiness and pleasurejunior suiterecommend this hotelhot breakfastthe hotel staffnice roomnice hotelfitness centerbusiness triplobby arealots of restaurantsgreat place to stayfree breakfasteasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was good from start to finish. Service was fast and friendly. It is clean, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We stayed in a King room that included a fridge and microwave. The tv's are new and the channel selection is excellent. The hotel offers a breakfast that is typical of most, but it was diverse and what was suppose to be hot was hot and plentiful.

We stayed 3 nights and one of the attractions for us was the numerous restaurants within a very short walking distance of all price ranges. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
BestWesternPlusAkron, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Doug29501,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy you were able to enjoy our spacious and very comfortable rooms. As you already know, our various amenities coupled with our great location prove to be valuable to our guests because convenience is important when traveling. We cannot wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I read the reviews on trip advisor and so we decided to stay at this hotel. I should have read further down. At first it seemed great,we got the AAA discount. I then asked the clerk to look up my rewards account so I could get my points. She tells me I can't get points because I used my AAA discount and she kept saying her manager doesn't give the points. I had to call the reward people and they even told her that you get points with the discount. I wasn't in the hotel when they called her and so when we got back she proceeds to lie to me telling me I am not entitled to the points and the rewards people confirmed this. She lied to my face. She was confused with other discounts. Of course the manager was not present and she didn't call to find out the correct rules just told me she would be in, in the morning. When I checked out I told the manger(Stephanie) and she confirmed what I said and that I was entitled to the points and she apologized and told me the clerk was new and confused. Meanwhile this ruined my stay and I was upset the whole time. The room wasn't too bad the beds were average comfort. The repairs in the bathroom looked like a child did it. They patched the ceiling and it was so unprofessional.. Overall they need to train their clerks better and pay more attention to the repairs. There was a strange odor in the room, after we were there for a few hours. If you have a choice go somewhere else. Hotel is small and breakfast was mediocre. The usual carbs,bagels,waffles and cereal and powdered eggs. Awful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank Patricia S

Dear Patricia S,

We apologize for what happened during your stay. This was completely unacceptable. I personally spoke to the employee responsible for this situation. We held a session re-training all staff on rewards policies and appropriate etiquette with guests. Your loyalty is very important to us and we will continue using your feedback to implement the necessary changes to ensure this does not occur again. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

On a quiet January night I booked a reservation here as I travelled through the midwest. Turned out I booked it for the 21st in error but intended to book it on the 23rd. It was a three day trip and I booked by mistake, all my stays for those three days on the 21st. The first night in Indianapolis was fine, because it was the 21st. The second night in Cincinnati was the 22nd, and when I got to the hotel they said I was supposed to be there last night (the 21st). That is when I realized there was a problem. The hotel in Cincinnati (Best Western), simply moved the charges from one night to the next. No problem. Realizing that I may have made the same mistake for the following night (23rd) in Akron, I called the hotel. They said they would have the manager call me the next morning (didn't happen). So I called in the early afternoon on my way to the hotel (3 hour drive). Again, no manager on site and the people there have absolutely no autonomy to make a decision. They did say to come there and we would handle it when I got there. When I got there I was handled by a front desk person who was nice, but had no clue what customer service is all about. Young and untrained, not her fault. She said there was nothing I could do but pay for another night. I explained that it happened the night before in Cincinnati and the Best Western there just moved the charges. The funny thing is they only had one other room rented for that evening, and were not filled the night of the 21st when they saved a room for me. No luck for me. I called Best Western customer care and since all their hotels are owned individually the decision was up to them on whether or not to take care of me. They chose not to, so I stayed at a competitors hotel that night just down the street. Amazingly, I recieved a survey in my email from BW. I filled it out with low grades and lo and behold the next day got a call from the absentee manager. I went round and round with him explaining that when your hotel is empty, it should have been easy to take care of me since I paid for a room that I never used (yes, my error), and since it was just me, what would it cost to have me use a room on the 23rd (maid service, wash a towel, and the cost of a shower). He stated they didn't make the error and stood behind his decision. To be honest, I was tired, it was freezing outside and if they made me a resonable offer, say 50% off, I would have paid it and stayed there. This was the worst customer experience I have seen in my 52 years, and to me was a dumb decision, because I have told everyone about it, have filled out multiple surveys, and now have posted it here. David Kong, you should train your hotel owners on how to handle these situations better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Chuck W
Reviewed 15 June 2014

clean, comfortable, good breakfast choices and staff was attentive to our soccer teams needs. Have a very nice indoor pool that the girls used. Newer hotel lobby with nice seating and greeting area where we all sat and ate dinner(olive garden take out) as a team. we all would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear wagdadog,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Throughout the year, we have many sports teams stay with us because we provide the best service we possibly can to all of our patrons. Our complimentary breakfast is always a hit, and the indoor pool gives the younger players a fun way to pass the time. We cannot wait to host you again the next time y'all are in town!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is recently renovated and well maintained. There are only 50 rooms so the service is good and not congested. great spa and pool and good breakfast. close to everything you could want to do and great restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Steven S,

We are glad you were able to enjoy many of the great amenities we provide. From the recently renovated rooms to the complimentary breakfast, we've done our best to provide our guests with the best service possible. Thank you!