“I love the onion rings! The Warehouse Steak n Stein”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lock 27

Lock 27
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Coshocton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“I love the onion rings! The Warehouse Steak n Stein”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent a couple hours at The Warehouse Steak n Stein watching the balloons from the Coshocton Ohio Balloon Festival float over the patio. I ordered dinner and a drink during my time there as well. The food was pretty decent especially the onion rings and my walleye. Though both were a little greasy, they were good. My drink looked like a tequila sunrise but it was some kind of pomegranate and peach drink with rum. It was very good. The staff was friendly but a little forgetful. It was very busy while we were there, both inside and on the patio. The only thing that was a little annoying was that the first thing I tried to order, the meal they are known for, is still on the menu but they no longer carry it. Then take it off the menu please. I would return, it is a nice place to just relax especially during the city balloon fest.

• Visited June 2014

Coshocton, Ohio
“Best Fried Shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I don't know the process, but the deep fried shrimp is the best I have ever had. Crunchy, and very good on the Walleye also.

• Visited January 2014
Crossville
“Steak N Stein”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My Parents and I ate here on a recent visit to our family farm. Portions were very good, we did not leave hungry. Service was fair, but could have been a little more attentive. We were looking for our drinks to be refilled several times. Our waitress was good, kind, and courteous, I just would have liked to have seen more of her at our table. Food was very good, they have several choices without the menu being too "Busy". Once we were finished we were directed to several other stores to visit. It's a very Historic, seasonal, area that is educational. We arrived at the very beginning of the visitor season. It was also very wet and rainy, we witnessed a mud slide while we were being checked in to our hotel. But we were very pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the people in the community. I would recommend visiting here (Roscoe Village) the next time you get into Coshocton Ohio.

• Visited April 2014
Cambridge, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a late supper at the Warehouse, Steak & Stein, upstairs from Lock 27. The meal was wonderful! The ribs were great! My wife had a fantastic deep fried pork sandwich. However, the star of our meal was the appetizer. We split the spinach, artichoke queso cheese dip. This stuff was out of this world! We almost fought over the final bite! Also, not to miss it the Steak and Stein onion rings. I used to have them at a previous S&S location back in the 70's, and they are just as good as I remember them.
By the way, the service was great, very attentive, knowledgeable staff.
A great dining experience!! We will return!!

• Visited May 2014
Coshocton, Ohio
“PART OF WAREHOUSE STEAK 'n STEIN IN HISTORIC ROSCOE VILLAGE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lock 27 is in the basement of the Warehouse Steak 'n Stein in Historic Roscoe Village, Coshocton Ohio. This building is the original warehouse for this settlement which was one of the stop overs for the Erie Canal system running from Cleveland to Portsmouth Ohio. The menu is the same for both dining rooms and the food and service are fantastic. The web site, http://www.warehousesteaknstein.com/ gives a wonderful detailed picture of the entire establishment. The owner is a marvelous man who truly lives for, dedicates his life to, and loves to see his customers happy and pleased. He also has recently acquired Oscar Rose Steak and Seafood in downtown Coshocton located across from the historic Courthouse Square. His dedication here is the same. The Sunday Brunch exceeds any I have ever experienced. The vast array of selections is beyond any I have ever seen, and offerred at a very reasonable rate.

• Visited March 2014