“Great Service / Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Service / Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is very nice and comfortable with the rooms. Yes, the train running at night is a great distraction and fortunately we were on the opposite side of the hotel, but still heard the horn signal throughout the night. Since I can't control that, I still was able to rest comfortably and the room is comfortable with very comfortable beds. The one issue with the room itself was, I was a little disappointed with the water pressure in the shower. It was less than what I am used to, however, it was ok. The service from the staff was GREAT! I was there for a conference / convention and there was NO delay in checking in with close to 300 people staying in this hotel. The evening of check in, I asked for a late checkout on departure date and was asked to check back, but "should be ok". I checked back and was told "sure, not a concern" which was a huge help! The business center was well designed and the falls outside were nice from the balcony overlooking the falls below! Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the falls for a "less" noise room due to train sign...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Jeff,
Thank you for sharing your visit on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that we were able to assist you with a speedy check in and a late check out for your stay and that you enjoyed our natural views. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites during your conference, we look forward to serving you in the future when your travels bring you back up to Northeast Ohio!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel several times over the years incuding a fraternity formal, wedding and just for the heck of it. Also went to brunch there several times. Location on the falls is second to none in the area for food and view. I remember there being cool 2 story suites.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill, thank you so much for your loyalty to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am delighted to read that you have been able to enjoy our property during so many special occasions. Thank you for sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor, we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future!
Washington Township MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel and restaurant are very nice. I have stayed there numerous times on business trips. It is an impressive facility. The restaurant in the hotel is in the center of the facility. The food is very good. The view from from rooms facing the river is scenic. It is conveniently located near expressway. Rooms are always clean and the hotel is well maintained by the staff. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel is near train tracks and there are trains that run 24 hours a day. If you have difficulty sleeping you need to keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms with river view if possible. They are more scenic and trains aren't as noisy as th...
Scott,
Thank you so much for your many kind comments about our property! We very much appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls and we look forward to future opportunities to serve you.
Congleton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

If you like a good solid night sleep give this hotel a miss. I stayed here Sept/Oct 2013 for five nights despite reservations about the trains, how I wish I had taken heed of the warnings. Trains run frequently throughout the night and insist on blasting their ridiculously loud air horns to warn traffic at the nearby crossing of their imminent arrival, despite the fact the crossing is well lit and controlled.

I am deaf in one ear, a sound sleeper and even I couldn't get more than two hours sleep at a time. Seriously, I got more hours sleep on my flight back to the UK than I managed in five nights here.

The hotel itself is okay if a little overpriced, the suite was fine with a view of the falls (and the freeway, and the railroad if you look for it).

If you are here as newly weds or for a meeting with the secretary I dare say the lack of sleep won't concern you. As a businessman here for some heavy duty training the lack of sleep was a real problem.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Peter, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent visit to the area. We are currently working with local, state and federal agencies to create a quiet zone at that intersection, which will prevent the train from sounding its horn in our area. Unfortunately, this process can take several years to complete. Until that time, please accept my sincere apologies for any disturbance the noise may have caused you. I hope that on your next visit to our area you choose to stay with us again. Please just let us know that you would like to reserve a room in a quieter area of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable feedback.
santa cruz california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites for 2 nights in September for my nieces wedding. I reviewed the tripadvisor site prior to my visit and requested a quite room with a river view. I was VERY impressed and pleased to be called at home 2 days before my trip to assure me I would get a room that would meet my expectations. The staff in all respects exceeded my expectations and booked me an excellent room on the first floor way from the elevator. (No balcony, as I did not need a suite). I slept soundly after a long cross county trip and enjoyed a wonderful bath in the large spa type bathtubs. The room was well designed, spacious and the beds comfortable. I also had a nice lunch at the restaurant and enjoyed the calamari. I enjoyed visiting and talking with the owners of a several antique stores which are walking distance from the hotel. I know my brother and his wife were very happy with the way the Sheraton took care of him and the wedding party on the night of his daughters wedding.

Room Tip: First floor river view ,in the middle away, from elevator. You will see the falls and avoid seeing t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Utahlover, Thank you for the positive feedback! I was happy to read that you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay (I love the calamari too!). Please visit us again if you find your travels bringing you back to the Northeast Ohio area. Thank you again!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

When glancing out the window of your suite at the Sheraton Cuyahoga Falls You almost get the feeling that you're in a country resort (IF you're on the Falls side of the hotel. The first floor suites on the fall side had furnished patios with matching umbrellas so they could sit out and enjoy the view. We were located on the street side and it was a little noisy due to three wedding receptions in the building during our stay. That being said, the Club lounge had the coolest setting with an outdoor patio overlooking the falls. We loved that touch! The pool and hot tub area had a patio over looking the falls as well. The restaurant and bar areas had floor to ceiling glass views of the falls (so they were very much the centerpiece of this facility). The bar was excellent with great entertainment and the servers in the restaurant were terrific.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the fall side of the hotel. The lobby/street side can be very noisy, especia...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey L, Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Chris, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our scenic views, Club Lounge and restaurant. We appreciate that you took the time to share your visit on Tripadvisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the future with a Cuyahoga River facing room!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel guests are expected to park across the four lane street so that the restaurant can provide valet service. The parking is set up so that the valet doesn't have to walk more than a few feet to park cars while the alternate parking for hotel guests is a distance away especially with young children and a cast on your foot. Valet staff extremely rude and the front desk didn't want to deal with my complaint.
I rented 3 rooms that weekend and the air conditioner worked poorly in all of them.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the room view. it isn't worth it. The view is eye level to the express...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Trudy, thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent visit. I sincerely apologize for any confusion or frustration regarding our parking lot and staff. We do provide a free valet service to both our hotel and restaurant guests and I regret that you were not able to take advantage of this service. We also have recently begun construction at the south end of the hotel to extend the parking lot size and better serve our guests' needs. Thank you for sharing your concerns here on Tripadvisor, we hope you can provide us with a future opportunity to serve you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!