“Good and Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Lebanon
“Good and Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good, clean, and comfortable hotel. I think it was around 20 minutes from the Airport and 5-10 minutes from University of Akron. The Hotel has an amazing restaurant with decent food. Higher floors face the highway (not a nice view). The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. My only problem with the hotel was the train that kept on waking up for the first couple of days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Harmanani, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls recently. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our new restaurant and friendly staff. We are in the process of working with the federal government in regards to the trains that run behind our property as the current law in our area states that it must sound it's whistle at every road crossing. We do have a walk out jetty in which you are able to see an undisturbed view of the river rapids below our hotel and invite you to enjoy the view the next time your travels bring you to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
Rome, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great Hotel in Akron. Staff are wonderful and the rooms are something you enjoy living in.
Very nice bar and restaurant with a great and different wine selection.Bar personnel are friendly and talkative.Yet to check out he pool and hot tub but will do on return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
stokeswest, thank you for sharing such kind words about the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls! I am delighted that you enjoyed our staff, rooms and new restaurant and bar. I look forward to welcoming you back on you future visits and hope you are able to enjoy many of our other amenities.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a great stay here. The hotel was full but you would have never known. The staff never missed a beat and always had a smile on their face. We ate at the Restaurant for breakfast and it was great! Wish we could have done it again. The chef serving breakfast was a riot - he was very personable. My daughter swam in the pool - awesome, room service - awesome, cleanliness - amazing. The beds and pilows are amazing and the room very comfortable and spacious. We would definitely go back if we have to.

We had one issue with a front desk gentleman - but I have no doubt this will be addressed and is a one of situation. Everyone else knocked our socks off!

Room Tip: Although the falls are beautiful to look at from your room - the train can be very loud and interrup...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kathyn, I am thrilled to read that you and your family were able to enjoy so many of our amenities such as our breakfast, room service and pool. I am also pleased to read that our staff was able to leave such a positive impression on you. I do hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you and welcome you back as part of our family!
Winesburg
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I ran a 5k in Stow on New Years Eve and my husband and I decided to make an evening of it and found the hotel offered a New Years Eve package. The hotel was beautiful and we had a great room. The package included the room, dancing, appetizers, a midnight toast and brunch the next morning for a really good rate. The staff was friendly. We had a really great time and look forward to doing it again next year!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrea, thank you so much for joining us to ring in the New Year! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our NYE packages and all of the festivities. We had a wonderful response to the event and hope to offer similar packages next year!
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had to be in Akron for a family commitment. I found the hotel by looking at Tripadvisor and other online sources. I had never been to the area so I was relying on other views. The hotel was in good shape. The rooms were very clean, and quite large--a nice bonus. The restaurant staff was very nice and they provided a good value both for dinner and especially for breakfast. The location is very convenient, especially close to the highway. The housekeeping staff was also friendly and attentive. I have nothing bad to say, but had a couple of issues detailed below. Unfortunately, the lack of response from management is my biggest criticism.

I faced two issues while I was there and the fact that there was no resolution (nor was the staff empowered to do anything). First, I should have been afforded free wifi (already at the hotel), a room upgrade based on my status, and late check out. While I knew these things nobody ever brought them to my attention. Again, the wifi was free so not a big deal, and we had to be on our way so I wasn't able to stay late. I would have enjoyed the upgrade but since we were in the largest category I figured we were set--all I would have wanted was a bit of recognition.

The second issue was frankly the one that left a poor reflection--the hotel charges $5 for any parcels shipped or DELIVERED. I sent myself a package there, but I was not informed in advance. The policy is clearly noted at the front desk, but my package was already en route. All I could do was refuse the package. I would have been okay with the fee if the package was delivered to my room--but you had to pick up the packages at the front desk. After complaining about the fee, the front desk staff said they knew about it, were sorry about it, but had no explanation.

(Also, for the light sleepers--be aware you can here the train at night).

Seems like an unnecessary fee to me. I'd consider going back--the rooms are clean, the staff is nice, but the management seems to have a few issues they need to work on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pasag
pasag, let me first thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent trip to visit family. We sincerely value our SPG members and hope to offer a complimentary upgrade to our members whenever available. I apologize that this was not offered to you, and that you did not feel recognized or valued during your stay. It is only because of brand loyalty such as yours that we are able to continue doing what we love at the Sheraton Suites. In regards to the $5 package fee that you have mentioned, this fee was designed to help organize the large quantities of shipments that guests send for us to hold and that require extensive storage. We are always happy to make exceptions for any guest that this may not apply to. I have spoken directly with our front office team in regards to this exception as well as our continuing effort to make each and every guest feel valued. We do hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you. Upon making future reservations, I invite you to contact our Director of Guest Services, Elizabeth Straigis, or myself at (330) 929-3000 or estraigis@sheratonakron.com so we may welcome you back personally.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We travel once or twice a year from D.C. to Northern Indiana. This past October, I decided to make it a two-day, scenic trip and chose Cuyahoga Falls as a half-way point. We were traveling to Indiana for my parents' 60 wedding anniversary. It was also my husband's birthday, so I booked one of the best rooms at this hotel. A river-side suite with a balcony. The room decor was a wee bit dated, but otherwise it was very nice. It was really an apartment on two levels, with a family room and small kitchen area on the lower level. The room was not cheap, but could easily accomodate two small families or a group traveling together....

The hotel was very nice, with a restaurant and a lounge with live music. Although our room was very close to the entertainment, we could not hear it. The room was quiet and we slept like a rock. Bed was comfy, and hotel staff was friendly and responsive.

We had a late-nite dinner in the bar. Good food, although I can't recall what we ordered. Brunch was really good, probably the best I've had in years, and was reasonably priced. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Last but not least... the surrounding area was gorgeous. There is a nearby national park, which was closed because of the government shut-down, but we found another great county park with some cool hiking trails and river views.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Laura, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities such as our bar, brunch, two-level suite and view! I do hope that on your future trips West you can visit us again and enjoy more of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park offerings! Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls.
Maryland
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I know this is in a town that has not much around it, so there's only so much to expect. When you walk in it is absolutely beautiful -- completely different from the outside.

There were a few cons with the rooms: (we stayed in a king bed suite).
CONS:
1. There was no fan in the bathroom, so as soon as someone did their business, you could tell from inside the room.
2. The light for our bathroom/shower room was OUTSIDE of the bathroom itself. Someone would accidentally turn off the light in the vanity room (when the vanity room's light was outside by the main front entry door) and leave me in the dark!
3. There was only a trash can in the vanity room. Not one in the bathroom itself -- and ladies, we dont always want to take our normal "products" out there to throw away (or that's just me). -- granted it was a move able can.
4. The ONLY outlet in the bedroom was behind the TV. We looked for places to plug our phone into by the nightstands-- and it seemed to be behind the headboard and too difficult to move. Most places have something behind the nightstand or directly on the nightstand.
5. There is a train that runs right next door every few hours, even throughout the night. It woke me up once (reminded me a scene from My Cousin Vinny), but there isn't much you can do about that. It's how the town is.

But I will leave this hotel with some pros, because there were some great things:
1. They have THE most comfortable beds. I seriously slept the entire night with no problems (except the train).
2. The river view room we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous. The Cuyahoga River view was enough to overshadow the train. Can't beat the view.
3. The staff was very friendly.
4. They have a little gift shop in case you forget your odds and ends (although most places leave a list saying they could bring those things to you complimentary). But they also had snacks in case you were hungry.
5. We ate at the restaurant... which was phenomenal, again with a river view. Later we attended a cocktail party for engaged friends and they did so well setting it up!

Overall, this is a great hotel. It would be absolutelg perfect if they fixed the minor aforementioned things-- except for the train because we know there's nothing you can do about that.

• Stayed December 2013
TravelerfromOhLand, thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy so many amenities of our property, from our comfortable beds to our restaurant and banquet facilities. We are always looking for ways to improve our facility to allow the most comfort and convenience for our guests and appreciate the details you provided in your review on ways we can look to improve. We hope that these discrepancies did not leave you with any disappointment in your stay and look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Northeast Ohio area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!