“Great Property”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Great Property”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff at this hotel are wonderful. The front desk team are great and the Club is nice to relax in and have a beverage. Look into this hotel when you are in the area. Elizabeth is great to work with, and her service is outstanding.

Room Tip: be nice to the front desk and ask to be on the falls side
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Michael, thank you for your kind words about our property and our Director of Guest Relations, Elizabeth. She is one of our valuable team members and I have personally thanked her for being such a stand out employee during your visit. Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, we look forward to serving you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed at the Cuyahoga sheraton on multiple occasions during a project for a large Tire company. Some stays have been in excess of 2 months at a time. I have always found them to be prompt and courteous with the service, the rooms are pretty good and housekeeping does a pretty good job of keeping the rooms spotless. Room service is prompt.

Love the view of the river, makes for a pleasing stay whether it's summer or winter. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Akron.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Amit, I'd like to thank you for allowing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls to be your home away from home during your business trips to the area. Thank you for your loyalty to our property, we hope to welcome you back soon!
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sheraton due to a gas leak in our home which required that the gas be turned off for a couple of days.... We have a home in the area, and have enjoyed many nights stopping into the Sheraton to have a drink in their bar, which overlooks the river. A couple of years ago, we actually hosted a large group there for dinner, and they provided excellent food and service to our guests.... This was our first stay at the Sheraton, and we were so impressed with our room..It was a very large room, comfortable, clean, and quiet...we had a great stay with a beautiful view of the river. The wi-if was free, and worked great. This is not the cheapest hotel in town, but by far one of the nicer ones...

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the river...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
1FlaGirl, sometimes unfortunate circumstances like the pains of being a homeowner can lead to great experiences and I am pleased to read we were able to be your "home away from home." We very much appreciate your continued patronage to our hotel with your visits to our restaurant and use of our banquet facilities. Thank you for leaving your kind words on TripAdvisor, we hope that your home's gas leak has been successfully repaired and that you continue to visit us!
Wellington, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went to the Sheraton for a PBS fundraiser. I must say that by looking at the web site for this hotel; it is not one I would have chosen on my own. The website does not do the facility justice! I was very impreseed with the facility, the cleanliness, and the staff. We had a riverfront view from our room. It was spectacular. We stayed for the buffet breakfast the next morning and the chef making the omelette was great! One of the very best omelette I have ever had and in record time. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river view!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Sudmom, thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. As the ice melts and the temperatures get warmer, the river rapids increase in speed and truly are a spectacular site. I am pleased you were able to enjoy this view as well so many other aspects of our property including our breakfast buffet. We look forward to serving you again whenever you are back Northeast!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I really like this hotel. I come to Akron about every 2 months. I stayed in December 2013 and now in February 2014. I gave them 2 stars because their wifi service has been down or not working these last 2 stays. If you are a working professional that needs to catch up on your work in the evening or rely on the internet to connect with your family, I would stay somewhere else. Wifi is the only option for internet.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Traveler1977gj
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Traveler, we'd like to thank you for your loyalty to our property over the last few months. I personally have been working with our technical support team and we have recently taken measures to increase our wifi signal strength and reach. We have seen dramatic improvement with our wireless service since these changes have been made. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we do hope you allow us a future opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was visiting a family member who attends Akron University and chose to stay at this hotel. I think that the location is great; right off the highway and very close to the school. I read many positive reviews of the property prior to selecting this particular hotel and was jot entirely let down. The property itself could use some updating. The rooms are spacious, but don't have as much of a modern and clean feeling I'd expect. This was especially true for the shower - I don't care for a dirty shower curtain in my room. The biggest issue I have is with young woman who checked us in. I had booked directly through the hotel and received no warmth or explanation upon checking in. She simply handed me my keys and said, "have a good night." No explanation of where the elevators, room or any amenities were located. Very disappointing. I probably would not recommend this to others unless this was corrected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IMissMaui211
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Miss Maui, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am disappointed to read about your check-in experience as this is not how we expect our team members to receive our guests. I have spoken with my Front Office Manager in regards to the proper check-in procedure and she was equally disappointed in how our team welcomed you to our property. I have also followed up with our Executive Housekeeper in regards to our shower curtain change out procedure. MissMaui, although we cannot change your previous experience, I truly hope you offer us a future opportunity to serve and welcome you the next time your travels bring you back to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.
Lebanon
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good, clean, and comfortable hotel. I think it was around 20 minutes from the Airport and 5-10 minutes from University of Akron. The Hotel has an amazing restaurant with decent food. Higher floors face the highway (not a nice view). The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. My only problem with the hotel was the train that kept on waking up for the first couple of days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Harmanani, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls recently. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our new restaurant and friendly staff. We are in the process of working with the federal government in regards to the trains that run behind our property as the current law in our area states that it must sound it's whistle at every road crossing. We do have a walk out jetty in which you are able to see an undisturbed view of the river rapids below our hotel and invite you to enjoy the view the next time your travels bring you to our area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!