“Not Too Shabby”

Beau's on the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Beau's on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad Blvd.
Description: Beau’s on the River opened at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls in May of 2013. This restaurant on the river offers stunning views of the river rapids and falls with floor to ceiling windows with and innovative contemporary décor. As a sister property to Beau’s Grille at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn, we offer a casual atmosphere with plenty of the same great food and service that the award winning Beau’s Grille has been treating our loyal customers to for years. Executive Chef Billy Thurman takes a unique twist on some of your old favorites with a fresh look and taste to his style of cooking. His mouthwatering plates taste even more amazing than they look. We are located 15 miles from the Akron Canton Regional Airport & 30 miles from Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Cities within a short distance from Beau's On The River include: Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Fairlawn, Richfield, Hudson, Stow, Aurora (Geauga Lake Park) & Kent Ohio.
Stow, Ohio
“Not Too Shabby”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I joined another couple there on a Friday evening to listen to live music in the "bar" area. We had some appetizers and drinks and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The live music was provided by the perpetually-in-motion singer Peggy Coyle. It's a much better experience than the "Raucous on the River!"

• Visited May 2014

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Peace and refinement”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Beau's on the River at the Cuyahoga Falls Sheraton is an upscale favorite. The restaurant is cantilevered over the Cuyahoga River with spectacular views on three sides. The food is very good, and the service is attentive. It is blessedly quiet, not the usual hectic, noisy dining experience you get almost everywhere else. It is a zone of peace and refinement.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank KSUsquirrel
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“View ......”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have always enjoyed coming here even before the name change . The chef Rodger Thomas is wonderful . His food is always very eye appealing plus tasty .

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland OH
“Room with a View; Room to Improve”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to celebrate a birthday with the Sunday Brunch. Although I could swear I read on line, possibly at the website that the brunch was now $19.95, it was slightly over that. The atmosphere was worth the cost, because it is a lovely view, and the restaurant typically does not have a "din" as so many others do...although those sitting across from us had someone with an annoying cackling like laugh.
The buffet of food is laid out on the upper level of the restaurant, with a wide assortment of choices. Hot dishes included cod, meatloaf and a pasta along with veggies; there were breakfast sandwiches, turkey/bacon, eggs benedict, cereals. Another area had green salads, fresh fruit salad, bagels/rolls, muffins, smoked salmon, shrimp with cocktail sauce, as well as an assortment of cakes and desserts.
Our server was professional and mostly attentive.
Juices were delivered in goblets, probably a 2 cup portion; and tepid. Personally, I hate warm juice, and dropped in ice from my ice water.
Breakfast potatoes were not the usual chunks or hash browns, but slices made very thin. None of the food was exceptionally hot. There was nothing exciting about these...in fact, all the food was good, and acceptable, but nothing you would rave about or beg for a recipe. Perhaps Sunday's are the chef's day off?
I reached for a serving of eggs benedict before realizing I had forgotten it would have bacon on it that I wanted to avoid. The mini muffin was a bit tough, and there was not an abundance of sauce to keep it moist.
Danish that looked store bought were available; my slice of french toast was made skillfully by a woman who pleasantly was juggling multiple orders at the same time for omelettes or pancakes. When she made it, she brought out not a special bread like a brioche, but just ordinary white sandwich bread. Maple syrup was in a large and heavy pitcher.

Desserts were nothing special...some mini cheesecakes as well as a larger one to take a slice from, a couple of cakes including a chocolate. All were decorated similarly with that fake like whipped topping. There were small cookie bars, in addition to a plate of cookies, that were quite good and may have been homemade.

It's good that the price is kept down, but paying attention to detail, using better quality ingredients would go a long way.

None of this would stop me from going back again, and the food display which is well-maintained and replenished by an attentive staff is very tempting...but I might wonder about the possibility of just ordering off the menu. Perhaps the food would be hotter.

• Visited March 2014
“Very disappointed...”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I went for Valentine's Day. I LOVE Beau's Grill in Fairlawn so when I saw he opened a new restaurant at the Sheraton in the Falls I was excited. Well the food is nothing like his other restaurant. Boring boring boring. The only reason to eat here is the view which by the way I barely saw. I reserved a window seat and even called back to confirm. What I didn't know is that you have to be specific in that you must tell them you want to be able to touch the window...they sat us in a booth with a high back and almost my entire view was obstructed...there are much better places to eat... If I came back here it would be to sit at the bar if you get there when no one is there you can grab a beautiful window booth with an incredible view...I'm sure the bar food would be good.

• Visited February 2014