“Great food and concept weak service”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Great food and concept weak service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to going in and trying what everyone was raving about. Upon being greeted at my table I asked about soft drinks and was told no pop, not a big deal but my server seemed very persnickety about how he said it. He was very informative about the food and went on into great detail about the bacon and how "above the rest" all of their food is. This kin of turned me off. I frequent many places for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...all locally owned some by life longs friends and acquaintances. So to hear that type of arrogance is unsettling. My croissant however was amazing and so was the food. But just left with an overall bad taste.

2 Thank Alldayvaca

Akron, Ohio
“A little disappointed...”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was really, really excited to try this restaurant and was disappointed by how unwelcoming they were to vegans. I would've been perfectly happy with almond milk and granola, but several of the staff made me feel like a nuisance. I wound up with a fruit cup, which was fine, but I just didn't feel very welcomed. I had really high expectations, too... I don't expect a red carpet as a vegan, but maybe one pastry option? or just some almond milk for my coffee? Either way, the space was cute!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Maggie O
Uniontown, Ohio
“Change of pace”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Tried this place for the first time and not disappointed. Each dish had wonderful flavors and fresh ingredients. We loved the baked goods. French toast was huge! Nice place for a twist on breakfast or lunch

• Visited March 2014
Akron, Ohio
“best hidden secret”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

There is no sign, but the place was packed. The menu is unique and changes daily. The waitress said it takes the chef 11 hours to make the croissants. I had the crepes of the day...pomegranate marzipan creamed filling, with pistachio -almond bark chocolate and raspberries! WOW. Put this one in your GPS and go for brunch!

• Visited March 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“The Blue Door prepares tasty food using quality ingredients.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

A great place for a " not-your-run-of-the-mill" breakfast. I recommend The Blue Door for those special occasions when you are prepared to spend more to get more.

• Visited February 2014