“Outstanding Food and Service”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It is always a special treat to find a restaurant which has exceptional sensitivities to the creation of truly excellent food along with caring and attentive service. No fancy restaurant this - just a freestanding little place with some tables & chairs, couple of seats at a counter and a relatively small case exhibiting great pastries to take home. Open only for Breakfast & Lunch, the regular menu is quite nice but the real treasures are the daily specials which will WOW you. One of the dishes we had was Ricotta, Gnocchi, haricot vert, preserved lemon zest, parmesan slivers and a great sauce. Other dish was a Wagu beef French dip on homemade bread. We passed on the Braised Pork Shank, which we know to be excellent. We only pass by once in every 4 to 6 months, but "Wes" always recognizes and welcomes us. After rewarding ourselves with their great food we then load-up with pastries to take home or to our family/friends. This place is 5 hours from home but we always divert to visit this place. I have seen one or two reviews thinking prices are a bit high - but for the truly outstanding quality and special foods, we know it is a value!

There are newer reviews for The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to going in and trying what everyone was raving about. Upon being greeted at my table I asked about soft drinks and was told no pop, not a big deal but my server seemed very persnickety about how he said it. He was very informative about the food and went on into great detail about the bacon and how "above the rest" all of their food is. This kin of turned me off. I frequent many places for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...all locally owned some by life longs friends and acquaintances. So to hear that type of arrogance is unsettling. My croissant however was amazing and so was the food. But just left with an overall bad taste.

2  Thank Alldayvaca
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was really, really excited to try this restaurant and was disappointed by how unwelcoming they were to vegans. I would've been perfectly happy with almond milk and granola, but several of the staff made me feel like a nuisance. I wound up with a fruit cup, which was fine, but I just didn't feel very welcomed. I had really high expectations, too... I don't expect a red carpet as a vegan, but maybe one pastry option? or just some almond milk for my coffee? Either way, the space was cute!

2  Thank Maggie O
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Tried this place for the first time and not disappointed. Each dish had wonderful flavors and fresh ingredients. We loved the baked goods. French toast was huge! Nice place for a twist on breakfast or lunch

Reviewed 4 March 2014

There is no sign, but the place was packed. The menu is unique and changes daily. The waitress said it takes the chef 11 hours to make the croissants. I had the crepes of the day...pomegranate marzipan creamed filling, with pistachio -almond bark chocolate and raspberries! WOW. Put this one in your GPS and go for brunch!