“European style breakfast in Cuyahoga Falls”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great service and exceptions food. Yes, the decor is quant, but don't let that fool you. I'm a regular here and am greatful to have the restaurant in Cuyahoga Falls. Good employees are hard to find these days, but the Blue door has found them!

2  Thank Muzzlepup

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am flabbergasted about the wonderful reviews for this restaurant. I have only been here once so based on all the positives I will try it again and post an update. But my first experience was not positive.

I went for breakfast. Order a standard type breakfast --eggs, toast, maybe it was an english muffin...see it was so unmemorable...What I do remember was it was around $10. I expected to have my socks knocked off. It was OK...OK. The restaurant was horrible. It was so noisy and loud I couldn't even have a conversation with my dining companion. An eyeball survey of the plates at other tables.....nothing unique or outstanding was noticed. A bit of fruit, a pastry....what is all the excitement about.

Well, maybe I was having a bad day.....I will go again and send an update, but right now I thinking that all these great reviews are from people who must normally eat really bad food, because there was nothing here that I thought approached memorable.

5  Thank juliebing
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place is truly a local gem, and my all time favorite for breakfast anywhere in Ohio. Worthy of a big city in fact.

The food is great, and their specials change often, featuring local ingredients. The best way I can describe it is breakfast for grownups. Not your silly pancake or greasy fried eggs. Go early though, it gets quite busy around 9 or 10am. Alternatively, when you go for dinner on Thursday, Friday or Saturday, the place is much more empty.

It has a tiny bit of a hipster-feel to it, yet it does draw a pretty mixed crowd: from the nurses of the nearby hospital, to locals and your regular business people.

It's not very cheap, with several dishes in the mid teens to low twenties. But the quality of the food and flavor combinations make it well worth that money. Their ice-tea is also extremely good, especially if you take the horrible taste of the water in this part of the country into account (they must filter it).

1  Thank Frederik B
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Based on great reviews, my husband and I tried the Blue Door for brunch on a June Sunday. We had to wait a few minutes, and spent that brief interlude drooling over the strategically placed bread and pastry case. Our appetites thus whetted, we happily devoured a quiche and salad (me) and a hash with a fresh-baked English muffin (him). Everything was fresh and delicious, and the English muffin alone was worth the trip. Service was friendly and prompt. My only recommendation for the restaurant would be to add a brunch menu to their website, since there was a much greater variety of choices than the website shows (I assume the website is just showing the breakfast menu).

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a find! This non-descript building houses some of the best high class baked goods I have tasted. It is all prepared fresh..tarts, breads, scones, etc. the bakery is complimented by some nice breakfast choices including thick local bacon.