“A Bit of a Disappointment”
Review of Rock Fresh - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rock Fresh
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We went after seeing some of the glowing reviews. It is a very cordial place, but the food didn't match the hospitality. The wait staff seemed competent, but the quality of ingredients and their preparation was second-rate. We had Hungarian sausage dinners (with sausage that seemed like sawdust) -- [we recommend that they contact Al in Barberton]. Along with this, we had what seemed to me very inadequate potato pancakes - flattened grilled lumps of mashed potato. I liked their sauerkraut, but my wife had red cabbage that was so tough she could not eat it. So, although it seemed like they should have some acceptable fare, we were disappointed -- I'm a bit reluctant to give it another try.

1  Thank PCmonkey

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a real hidden gem! Rockne has a true talent in the culinary arts and provides wonderful food at reasonable prices. When you walk in, you feel right at home. My husband and I came in for lunch and had a terrific meal. We highly recommend taking the time to stop in - you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank StephWalker
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Have been to Rock Fresh once with my husband & liked it so much came again with a few friends for lunch. Rockne, the owner is very warm & helps you to feel welcome right away. There is a nice selection on the menu & I chose the chicken papikash which was delicious. I also had the onion soup which was excellent. One of my friends had the reuban sandwich & a barley salad which they enjoyed. The pineapple upside down cake was good & so was the bread pudding. The service was excellent, everything was served quickly & the gentleman who served us was very polite & was kind enough to take a group picture of us. Would recommend this restaurant & will come again.

1  Thank vt0ria
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We did a groupon here. The whole thing was a disappointment. The salad not anything spectacular. The dessert was so horrible I actually almost gagged. Worst bread pudding ever! My husband and I both agreed it almost tasted sour and was so so dry. I was at least hoping the dessert would be good after the meal. Start to finish = complete disappointment. Don't waste a date night here!

1  Thank MCHEGER
Reviewed 29 July 2013

this little strip shopping plaza was a real treat. the owner (ROCK) is quite a character and does the cooking. the menu is great and includes fabulous homemade hungarian sausage, i would strongly suggest trying the ethnic offers on the menu, the only drawback is he closes at 3pm mon-thu and stays open a little later on fri and saturday, wanna eat sunday?? call ahead and make reservations and he will accommodate you..you will not go away hungry and you will be more than satisfied with the service

1  Thank Billyw42