“Excellent sushi in an eccentric, friendly atmosphere...”
Review of Golden Dragon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Dragon
Ranked #73 of 135 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Marshfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent sushi in an eccentric, friendly atmosphere...”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Really more like dinning at the home of friends, as the sushi chefs interact with the customers wise enough to hang out at the sushi bar in an unusual and highly entertaining manner! A lot of the customers are regulars but even if you're not, you are made to feel right at home. The sushi is excellent with many typical and several unusual items on the menu, and all the items we tried were delightful. The chef's hot sauce is highly recommended if you like more heat. Other dishes we saw being served were substantial and looked delicious! Definitely the place to go for sushi in the Akron area!!!

Visited June 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Sushi is excellent and fun atmosphere ”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The sushi menu is large with options to fill up on. Hand rolled and many old favorites fill the selections. I have also eaten the dinner items and those deliver on taste too. Dinning room is nice and clean for a pleasant dinning experience. Where the fun is though and my preference is the sushi bar. The chefs are skilled, fast and make you feel like your taking to friends. I always have a great time hanging out and eating. Nice drink menu for adults. Prices are fair better pricing than Hibatchi and sushi on par. Dinner priCingular is far too. One of my favorite hang out places to eat and talk with friends. There is a TV for sport viewing but not a sports bar. I recommend giving it a try for sure.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a popular local restaurant which we have dined in a few times but are more likely to order take out as I did recently. Broccoli Chicken is one of my favorite dishes and their comes with a white sauce but I ordered my with brown sauce, a side of fried rice and an eggroll. The restaurant was not busy and so my order was ready fairly quickly. They are a little pricier than another Chinese restaurant in the area we like but here they have both Chinese and Japanese menus and a very popular sushi bar.

My order was prepared well and tasted good. The fried rice was stuck together more like I usually see with steamed rice so I didn't care for that as much, but still very good. And the egg roll was very crisp and tasty. This place is certainly worth a visit and a great atmosphere if you want to dine in.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RedLester
London, United Kingdom
“Great sushi and Asian food in Cuyahoga Falls”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have relatives that live in Mogadore and whenever I'm in the U.S. visiting, I always try and get to the Golden Dragon so that I can eat at most likely the best sushi restaurant in the Akron area.

It's not Nobu or something but Chai who is the sushi chef, couldn't be a nicer guy and he certainly knows how to prepare excellent sushi. Their sushi and sashimi portions are great, not in actual numbers per portions, it's the usual two pieces per portion for a la carte, but the amount of fish that your given is impressive. My favourite is the "Ikura" the salmon eggs and the tuna which is some of the best that I've eaten.

They have both a very authentic looking sushi bar and individual tables in the restaurant area. Personally as I'm there for the sushi I'm always at the sushi bar on the stools and the atmosphere with the regular banter and conversation from Chai makes the evening.

I was there a few nights ago and one of my relatives didn't eat sushi. We ordered a chicken dish, I think General Tsao with steamed rice. When it arrived, I was amazed by the size of the portion, very large and you certainly wouldn't go hungry.

I honestly can't fault the place and if your taste buds are craving really good and fresh sushi served by great people, do yourself a favour and come and have either lunch or dinner here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rinkydinkpinkpanther
Akron, Ohio
“Good sushi in a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Golden Dragon has a Chinese restaurant section and a sushi bar. My husband and I are regulars at the sushi bar. It's very popular with the locals, not only because of the food, but also because of the three brothers who own and run the place. It's kind of like watching a comedy routine. It can get quite raucous on weekends... in a fun way. They have a full bar and some craft beer selections.

The sushi is good quality, maybe not high gourmet, but fresh and and reliable. The prices are good. Obviously, since I am a regular, I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area looking for sushi and a party atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013