“Well worth your time and money to sample the menu here. Limited menu has many good results.”
Review of Rita's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rita's
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This review is long over due. I have been waiting for a chance to say good things about this place. I am waiting for the travel writers or programs to say something good about this place. Will Rick Steves or the many savvy travelers ever visit this place? This place will not offer any four course meals but it will give most customers a chance to compare ice cream with frozen custard and other varieties of this product that attracts people here during the summer months. The many good people here do provide low fat and low sugar varieties with a large array of flavors most of which live up to three name with recognizable flavors and tastes. Many of the unusual flavors cane irresistible. I prefer the Italian ice flavors and coffee and I ask for it often. They do prepare coffee custard at my request. The management does also grant privileges or special treats for your birthdays if you register the information. They notify me each day about flavors of the day or the week with notices on the internet. There are special savings in the summer months. For example for the first day of spring they offer free ice. Get there early since this event has attracted many people on that day and lines are long. It can be crowded at certain times but they do open up an additional window on these crowded days to shorten your waiting time in line. Most helpful and gracious and nice personnel have been most kind and good to me when I needed help for forgetting my card or when I did not get the birthday gift. Flavors are what attract people to make a second visit. I advise you to ask questions about sugar and salt content of the product. Ask questions about the difference between custard and ice cream. Nutritional information about the flavors is available. I do not think that world events turn on what happens here so do not go there with any of those ideas. Just go there to spend a little money and enjoy some good custard or ice cream. This place will not break your budget and you can practice frugality there. It is difficult for me to evaluate whether the prices are reasonable or affordable - especially from what little I do purchase each time. I do not know what is involved in purchasing the stuff needed to make this eatery go forward and stay in business. Other people order much more than what I do. Maybe for me those prices for large quantities of ice cream or custard would not always that easily affordable for smaller cones but it is depending on what you order. I am much more concerned about the sugar and fat content of these products. That is when it becomes too expensive to spend time and money here. I believe that the management does offer pints of custard or ice cream but I might be wrong and I do not know how this operation runs. The people here serve a quality product that I do enjoy. Maybe the smaller cones should not cost as much as they seem to cost. The people here look after you should you spill the ice cream or custard. Sit outside at the metal benches and pretend you are at a picnic grounds. Families with small children go here for this reason alone. I like the practice that the management does not try to offer a four course meal with any thing other than why they advertise. Limited menu produces better results for customers. Ask for them to prepare your favorite flavor and they will try to accommodate your wishes. That is what I do when I ask for coffee flavor. Mocha is not the same and I make sure that they know that difference. Yes, I do recommend it for your summer pleasure. I believe Rita's is part of a chain that does not remain open during colder months. That is a blessing in disguise for me. Go there and enjoy the place. the place is clean and there are alternative places to place your order during crowded days - off to the side there is a side door where the personnel will take your request for information on the product. The personnel will mix and match some flavors in what is called a blendini. They also have other ways to combine flavors in what can be a delightful sample of ice cream or custard. Many of their italian ices can be combined into one cone or drink. I recommend that tho try those options for a treat. I have not learned all the fine points on the menu and the menu listing of flavors can be less than crystal clears. So ask questions about what is available from day to day. I have watched large and small families walk away carrying many sugary drinks for their children. I wonder about the health consequences of that type of consumption of sugar. I do not know how health conscious the management is about these matters. I think that the management should have more than one sugar-free flavor each week and make it available for a longer time. Sugary flavors seem to dominate the menu board for far too long. Ask about the fat content at the same time. I do think that they should offer fat free or sugar free flavors more than for just a short time period. I have talked about this request many times with the management whose leader has been very helpful and accommodating. Good for them! It can be well worth your time and money!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Rita's has delicious, creamy custard. Try the mango and custard mix. It's the best treat I've had in a long time!!!!! The prices are a little high in my opinion, but they serve a quality product, so it's justified when you want a treat!