“We had a wonderful time”
Review of Burntwood Tavern

Burntwood Tavern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We discovered this place through Internet searching. We arrived at about 3:30 PM, in time for happy hour. We took a table on the patio. It seems the patio is suspended over the rippling Cuyahoga River. This location, alone, scores points from me. My wife had a Mojito and I had a Great Lakes Monster IPA. Both were great and hers was at happy hour pricing. For our meals, she had gespacho and the Margarita pizza. I had the Angus burger with hand cut fries. My wife raved about hers and mine was very good. The fries would have been outstanding if they would've been served sans salt, as I requested, but they came salted. Our server was a bit slow, as well. Overall, we are excited to give this place another try. It won't take much, one way or the other, to win our loyalty, or our dismay.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a delightful belated Father's Day "Sunday Bloody Mary Brunch" here today...a must do.(Sunday Bloody Mary Brunch) Their flavored vodka and Bloody Mary Buffet Bar is very interesting and top notched...I enjoyed the bacon infused vodka...my entree was a superb Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. Service was wonderful... the manager Dave made certain everything was relaxing and enjoyable...a blessing and true caring atmosphere. Please check this place for an exciting menu and atmosphere and service as one would like to have wherever they visit. Bravo Burntwood...and please continue on. Thank you for the very pleasant memories of my Father's Day Breakfast with my two ladies...daughter and wife.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was visiting my daughter and her future husband in Ohio this past week. We went here on a recommendation of another family member. We were all VERY happy with EVERY THING we had! We were interested in a few of the beers they have there. We were offered samples to try to help us decide. Then after the drinks were decided we ordered and appetizer.
We decided on the calamari. It was excellent. Lightly breaded and fried and was very tender. It came with a very good pomodoro sauce. This was so good with it, we asked and was able to get more of it.
We then tried 3 dinners.
My future son in law ordered Shrimp & Spinach Penne
sautéed shrimp tossed in a spicy garlic tomato sauce with fresh spinach & penne! It was EXCELLENT!!!
My daughter, who really has not had pork chops, ordered, Smoked Grilled Pork Chops
topped with peach jalapeño preserves, served with sweet potato fries & seasonal vegetables.
OMG!!!! The pork chops were so tender and flavorful! The vegetables were grilled, this was THE BEST PORK CHOPS I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
I went with the The Burntwood Burger
fried egg, bacon, American cheese, hash brown patty, lettuce & tomato. This was by far one of the BEST burgers I have EVER had! The fried egg and bacon was most unusual, but most wonderful accompaniment to the burger! The fries were well cooked and had a lot of flavor.
We went on a very nice evening in June. We sat outside with the river running beside us. Was one of the BEST dinners I have had in a restaurant.
We have decided that anytime I am able to come to Ohio to visit, this will have to be a repeat. Want to be able to try some of the other choices on the menu.
If you are considering this for dinner......GO!!!!!
YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A group of six of us stopped in at the Burntwood Tavern at the suggestion of our hotel staff. We were seated at a beautiful table with a view of the river. The service was A+ in my book, our server was very helpful with making suggestions from the wine list and the menu. We had a wide variety of dishes at the table - the steaks were cooked perfectly and everyone was very pleased - the lobster pierogi were interesting just good not great - Ahi Tuna Nachos were not only pretty but delicious - Tomato Mozzeralla Salad was a huge hit. The deserts were a great surprise - designed to be just a few bites in a shot glass and were just enough after a great meal.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Beautiful new restaurant with old mill gears noted on the outside walls. Interior lighting is unique. Menu is more bistro than not, with a fairly large selection. Went for lunch, slight wait. There is a nice bar inside. Additional seating outdoors. Very relaxing watching the river rush by. All in all a nice experience.