“Friendly Owners”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
RI and CT and NYC
“Friendly Owners”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had originally booked a penthouse suite elsewhere and had to cancel when a 3rd person couldn't attend. So I found this on Booking.com. Boy was I wrong to not use TripAdvisor!!!
Since we're rating the property, I'll try to keep it just to the facts. We checked in and were told,"no refunds", so we were kind of nervous to see the room we would be in for 4 nights! We were in town for a "convention" in Akron, I had never been to Ohio before so I had no idea what to expect, motel is not in the nicest of areas, so I was glad not to be travelling alone.
Room smelled like cigarettes, even though it was a non-smoking room. There were no door hangers ("do not disturb"/ "maid please clean my room") So each day after our meeting we would come back to the room to find our room not cleaned, so we had to take out our own trash, get new towels etc., everyday! They said if we needed anything to call the front desk, which we did and got no answer,thus we'd walk to the office and get an excuse, "the maid was reallly busy today...." 1st time...ok but everyday??? Bed was hard and lacking pillows, 2 pillows for a king-sized bed? Towels were stained, but there was the presence of bleach, so I figured ehhh. We ended up going out and buying Lysol spray and clorox wipes just to ease our minds.
Price- $127/night is no economy, especially including AAA discount of 5% and no services.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JKM38

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Old building structures, not much renovations to their rooms but super clean, offering refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, offering continental breakfast and free wifi. Old way or driving up to your room cottage, right off the 8 Freeway easy location with a lot of food and shopping choices. a few minutes (10) from downtown Akron and in a very god area.. You will not be disspointed. Offer smoke free rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EVADS
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay here.

The front office manager, Chet, was extremely nice, sadly, this is where the great experience stops.

From the moment I walked in, the "non-smoking" room smelled like cigarettes. The smoke detector was hanging by a wire which I can assume is from the previous smoker tampering with it. The window does not open, so no way to air the place out.

There were obvious white stains on the floor all over.

There was a nice mini-fridge stocked with someone else's food, which who knows how long that has been in there, other than the horrible smell that escaped when I went to open it.

The shower vent was hanging off, which invited 8 legged critters to the shower.

In the evening I went to ask for some more towels and the lady watching the office in the evenings was reluctant to give any.

For them asking $99 a night for this room, I felt extremely let down and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank J F

Travellers are raving about these Cuyahoga Falls hotels

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Needed a room close to my meeting for the day and the Economy Inn was it - reasonable price, clean room with no frills - updated bathroom. They still use physical keys. Not sure I can remember the last time I got a real key to my room. Be warned - no shampoo - but for the price I guess you cant expect everything.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brasilia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed here while driving from NY to Chicago. The room was comfortable and warm (in the winter). The location is close to the freeway so no problem getting on or off and near to the hotel are several fast food restaurantswithin walking distance, along with a mediterranean food market,. The included free breakfast was regular coffee and packaged muffins, cookies, etc., but good enough to get you onto the road again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JohnBSB
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The room was very comfy.although the set up was a bit weird. We didnt much care for the toilet in the closet. Looked just like the photos online and was very clean. The hot tub was amazing. We'd definetly stay here again. In fact, can I move here?

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank jenann3176
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. we only stayed one night. As you know we didnt really do much sleeping. But the beds were hard as a rock and the showers didnt work well.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Courtyard Akron Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!