“Try it; You'll Like It”

Mi Cerrito
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Delaware
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delaware, Ohio
“Try it; You'll Like It”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Try it; you will like it. It is small and well worth your time. Cost before tip was just over $26 for two adults and a toddler; no adult beverages (alcohol) ordered.

The only negative I can offer is that they only offer Coke products; I am a Mountain Dew fan.

My wife and I had been here once before for lunch more than 6 months ago and I thought it was just OK then. Tonight we met friends for dinner. They seemed pretty busy. The friends eat here regularly. We found out the owner was waiting on us; his wait staff had called in sick, so he and his wife were running almost everything. They did amazingly well. Drinks and orders were very timely all things considered.

I had the Camerones la Cabana (shrimp with mushrooms). It was delicious. When I ordered, the owner offered that it was one of their best dishes and most ordered. He was right on. My wife almost ordered the same thing but instead went for a chicken fajita quesadilla; she says delicious as well. Also neither she nor I are guacamole fans but she tried theirs and loved it. Our 2 3/4 YO son had a soft taco and ate most of it - a great statement on his part as well. Our friend, obviously like it - inviting us to share "their find". Great call.

Also note the complementary chips and salsa - the salsa is made on premises - fresh and tasty.

It is a small restaurant; small capacity. It can be a little noisy when full. The owner and his wife and son all made us very welcome and seemed genuinely grateful for the business. As I stated, they were busy when we arrived; our friends were already seated so we joined them directly. I observed others being greeted and seated all with great welcome. They were still johnny-on-the-spot with getting our drink choice and bringing a menu and high chair. The owner is very accommodating and has a rich booming baritone voice that made me hope he would break out in song with some of the mariachi music in the background; alas he did not. The owner's young son is a couple years older than our son and walks about like a miniature overseer but is very shy if addressed directly. After we ate and my son got a little restless waiting while we talked, he hit it off with the son and his corner with toys; we practically had to drag him out.

All-in-all definietly worth a visit and probably a return visit as well.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Thom P

Kalispell
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

In town for the Arts Festival and wanted more of a regular meal than "fair food". Decided to try this place without having read any reviews. Great find!! Some of the best taquitos I've had in a long time. My "always hungry" boy was more than satisfied with his huge burrito. We will visit again when in Delaware!

“Great Place”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Love the California burrito. The dishes with the white cheese sauce on them are my favorites. It is a fun atmosphere too.

3 Thank Idkone
Delaware, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Haven't had one thing I haven't liked! The fresh table side guac is so good and the best chili relanos!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brandi M
“Pretty darn good!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Friendly and fresh. Started with chips and salsa plus house white sauce (sweet with a little bite) which were good and margaritas which were too good. My wife had the Three Amigos dinner and I had carnitas salsa verde. Both cooked nicely and both had great sauces. Too full for dessert. Service very good.
Gave it 4of 5 cause 5 should knock my socks off and put them back on but I highly recommend it and will be back.

• Visited August 2013