“Just Okay”
Review of Delaware Dog - CLOSED

Delaware Dog
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Went here for the first time at lunch with another adult, one 6 and one 13 year old. I don't expect much from a hot dog eatery and that's about what I got. Not much novelty or an over the top experience by way of customer service. All four of us ordered hot dogs with different toppings and a couple of the buns were soggy right when they arrived to the table. The pop was a little flat, too. Everything was just okay but I left feeling underwhelmed with an overwhelming charge to the credit card. Maybe it was a bad day but the quality of the product didn't match the bill. Probably won't go back.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Gourmet hot dogs are the draw here. They have lots of hot dog toppings as well as other foods. Fun, friendly atmosphere and the service is ALWAYS good, which is rare for a bar.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have been here several times. The hotdogs are good, beef hotdogs. They have probably 25 toppings and it is a "one price" for building your own hotdog. They also have a menu of pre-determined special dogs, but again the toppings really don't add price. The fries are real good, so are the deep fried pretzels. Beer on tap and mixed drinks. TVs showing sports but not a "sports bar." There is typically only one server at lunch so if it is busy sit at the bar. Woth the trip.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have been to Delaware Dog a couple of times. Each time I feel the same when we leave, decent food but a little pricey for what you get. The service has always been good and they are very friendly. The menu is large and they have a lot of different toppings to choose from. I just feel like I am getting a hot dog that is thrown in the microwave and covered with a lot of toppings to cover it up. Its definitely not a high quality hot dog with a great snap when you bite into it. They also don't grill their buns so they have a tendency to get a little soggy depending on your toppings. I am not saying I'll never go back I just think they needs to change a few things if they want to charge $4 a hot dog.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

parking is hard to find. Service was very slow and rude. However all that aside and food was awesome. they offer for $4 a hot dog with the option of 15 or more toppings and they are unlimited!!! Also did i mention they deep fry them wrapped in bacon??? All other appetizers and beer choices are great to. I will try again.