“Best Motel by far!”

Pacer Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
“Best Motel by far!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

5 stars. And by far the best and cleanest of any in a 20 mile radius. Staff is always courteous and friendly, and you can't beat the value. The price is just right for either one night or an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'm a B&B guy and stayed at the Pacer Inn only because Delaware is a small town with only one B&B. But the Pacer impressed me. I got to have windows that open and cleanliness and this place passed my scrutiny with flying colors. I haven't stayed at a motel in decades but the Pacer is a completely remodeled place with very tasteful decor, non-smoking, and bath tubs (!) - a plus for me. It wasn't noisy at all either. The staff was sincerely nice - everyone. Nice breakfast stuff as well for the guests - fruit, etc.

Overall I cannot say enough good things about my experience. The Pacer may not have converted me back to liking motels/hotels, but I will definitely stay there again. A+ experience. Stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank musicdinosaur
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Every year we go to Jeff's Jam Outdoor music festival in Downtown Delaware, Ohio. We live an hour away and we generally need to find a place to stay. The pacer inn & Suites is a sponsor of the festival, so we decided to give it a shot. How relieved and happy we were to find the room very spacious, affordable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We plan to go to Jeff's Jam every year, so we will be back to the Pacer Inn & Suites!

Room Tip: We did not inquire about a pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Potbelly11
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Pacer Inn was clean, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were large and had all of the amenities such as a coffee maker, toiletries and a nice flat screen TV. I requested a mini fridge for our room and it was there before I could retrieve my bags and get to the room. They voluntarily provided me with a microwave as well. This motel was merely a 5 minute walk to the main campus of OWU and downtown with plenty of parking. The room itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. For less than $90/night, I considered the Pacer Inn to be a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank syberconch
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stay in Delaware several times a year, as my spouse was born and raised there, and we visit family. Many years ago we stayed at the Campbell House when it was on its downfall. On this trip, all our usual hotels were booked, and our relative mentioned that the old Campbell House had been reopened. We researched it online, and voila! It was reasonably priced, very clean, the decorating very nice, wonderful, friendly staff (both housekeeping and desk staff professionally dressed appropriately for their jobs; i.e., for an indepenent hotel--no jeans and t-shirt for the housekeeping staff, no too-casual looks for the desk staff), and a very comfortable bed. Amenities have the usual--flat screen TV (didn't notice what some are calling "limited channels"--which were definitely more than the 7 mentioned elsewhere--we had enough to find something interesting to watch), toiletries, abundant, neatly displayed linens, hairdryer, in-room coffeemaker, etc. No minifridge or microwave in our standard room, but we knew that going in and it wasn't important to us on this trip.

I felt this was sort of retro experience, as the rooms have maintained their "50's-60's" configuration; i.e, some doors opening right into the parking lot (ours had an interior entrance), a nice-size window in the sitting area, plus a bathroom window, and I liked that as a change. Nice, bright rooms. The sink was outside the shower/toilet area, which was nice in the a.m. with two people getting ready for the day.

We did have an issue with the electronic keys seeming to "lose" their code--one would work, one wouldn't, we would get the non-working one re-encoded and the formerly working one wouldn't work. A housekeeping staff member saw our dilemma and went out of her way to notify the front desk that we were having an ongoing problem. (Which wasn't a really big problem for as we were about 50' from the front desk). The key thing did happen a couple times, but it's apparently a computer glitch and truly didn't cause us a big inconvenience in our limited stay...as long as we had one working key we were fine. It may have been an isolated incident. As long as we could easily reach a staff member to help us gain access to our room, it wasn't a big deal.

The breakfast was advertised as "continental," which, of course, is not a full breakfast. It consisted of bagels, toast, mini-muffins, cereal, oatmeal, apple and orange juice, coffee, and yogurt. Basically all that was missing from the chain hotel breakfasts was eggs, meat, etc. Again...it was substantial, well presented, and served the purpose.

The night we stayed there the hotel was very quiet, no loud guests, no unsavory characters hanging around, and I overheard the manager telling another guest that they are working hard to establish a "new" reputation to overcome the final "down days" that were characteristic of the former Campbell House. I'd say they are succeeding.

I was very impressed with the property and the management and staff. The only bad thing is that I'm sure these rooms will be snapped up as the reputation gets around, and we won't be able to book a room when we want it!

Room Tip: There are rooms that open into an interior corridor and those that open directly into the parking lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Picngrn
NYC
Reviewed 28 June 2013

But truthfully you get what you pay for. The motel was relatively clean (there was dirt in the hall where it looked as if someone who worked in soil walked to their room) that was there for at least 18 hours. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. There was someone sitting outside on the curb near the entrance we would use to our room smoking and yelling at someone via cell phone. The continental b'fast wasn't worth it but the coffee was good. While they say the motel was renovated, I would have said it was painted because it really gives the wrong impression that a lot of work had been done to it. The television only gets 6 or 7 basic channels. During the night the person next door to us was screaming at a woman (I know it was a woman because of what he called her) for about 30 minutes. Yes I could hear it VERY clearly.
I wish there was a way to rate this motel between poor and average to be fair. We are looking for another motel to stay in next time.

Room Tip: Try another motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank samcat407
Reviewed 18 June 2013

From the street it doesn't really look like much, but I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms. They are large and well furnished. They appear to be fairly newly remodeled. They also have a discount rate when you're here for a University function. This was my first time here, but my son is only a freshman so I imagine we'll be staying here plenty over the next four years.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Been to Pacer Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!