Pacer Inn and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbagelslarger chaintable and two chairsdirect tvcontinental breakfastrooms were spotlesshoney bunsdesk staffwalking distancenight's restdelaware areastay there againrecommend staying heretwo queen bedsvisiting familyfresh fruitstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I reserved two adjoining king rooms for Sept. 18th. Paid for with a credit card, a week in advance. When we arrived that evening, they informed us they only had a reservation for 1 room. I had a copy of the confirmation printed out stating the 2 king rooms were reserved and paid for and they refused to honor the reservation. They said they could only give us 1 room with 2 queen beds, which would not work for us. The clerk told me she could not understand how this could happen as they could only book the adjoining rooms together. This happened during The Little Brown Jug week (think the Kentucky Derby of harness racing) there was not a room to be had in Delaware. I had to get on a computer and find rooms in Columbus myself, no thanks to the clerk. I will never stay here again as I think this is a terrible way to treat a guest with paid reservations! I guess a paid confirmation number means nothing here. We go to Delaware every year for The Jug with a large group of horsemen, and in the future will be letting them all know this hotel will not honor reservations during this week.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank pat S
Ashley B, Manager at Pacer Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience while you were trying to check in. I appreciate that you took the time to write us a review, and just want to let you know that I am truly sorry the mess up. We were experiencing some technical difficulties that night, as our old system was trying to update itself and would not let us see the online bookings, only the ones who called or personally came in and made the reservation. With that being said, we are currently using a new system that allows every interaction online to be placed directly onto our screens so we can see when you're coming in and which rooms you will need. I do want to take the time to apologize if you thought the clerk was rude. We take pride in the people who work here, and I can assure you that everyone was courteous and did everything they could to assist you in you dilemma. The clerk even went so far as to use her personal cell phone to call around the area trying to find you a hotel for your stay. And I can promise you that we never ever "do this on purpose" as you stated to the clerk that night. We are a people oriented business and always try to as professional as can be.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to turn your opinion of us around sometime.

Pacer Staff

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Pacer Inn was the most elegant place of the 11 motels I stayed in this trip. The breakfast buffet was carefully and beautifully arranged. However, the wi-fi signal in my room was irregular, and there was a periodic mechanical, high-pitched whine coming from machinery in the next room. It didn't wake me up if I was already asleep, but it was annoying when I was awake. Otherwise, this would have been one of my favorite motels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

5 stars. And by far the best and cleanest of any in a 20 mile radius. Staff is always courteous and friendly, and you can't beat the value. The price is just right for either one night or an extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'm a B&B guy and stayed at the Pacer Inn only because Delaware is a small town with only one B&B. But the Pacer impressed me. I got to have windows that open and cleanliness and this place passed my scrutiny with flying colors. I haven't stayed at a motel in decades but the Pacer is a completely remodeled place with very tasteful decor, non-smoking, and bath tubs (!) - a plus for me. It wasn't noisy at all either. The staff was sincerely nice - everyone. Nice breakfast stuff as well for the guests - fruit, etc.

Overall I cannot say enough good things about my experience. The Pacer may not have converted me back to liking motels/hotels, but I will definitely stay there again. A+ experience. Stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank musicdinosaur
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Every year we go to Jeff's Jam Outdoor music festival in Downtown Delaware, Ohio. We live an hour away and we generally need to find a place to stay. The pacer inn & Suites is a sponsor of the festival, so we decided to give it a shot. How relieved and happy we were to find the room very spacious, affordable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We plan to go to Jeff's Jam every year, so we will be back to the Pacer Inn & Suites!

Room Tip: We did not inquire about a pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends