“Clean and nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
Marietta
“Clean and nice”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had wonderful service from the Pacer Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were much nicer than I expected. You could tell they were recently updated. The rooms were spotless and the beds were comfortable. When we return to Delaware this is where we will stay.

The continental breakfast was good but I was uncomfortable with where it was served. The breakfast and a few tables were set up directly in front of rooms. There were awkward moments as guests exited those rooms and at one point one of the guests confronted another guest that was dining about talking too loud.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I spent 1 night here on our way home to SC. The staff was well tenative to our needs. The rooms and hotel have been remodeled and are very nice. The beds were so comfortable I went right to sleep. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Geneva NY
Reviewed 2 October 2013

At first glance, you might have a little hesitance about staying at the Pacer Inn. It is an older motel property and the exterior looks quite dated. But the staff was wonderful and the rooms look to be recently renovated with updated draperies and bed dressing. A nice little touch was the way the bathmat and towels were decoratively folded - it shows that they go the extra mile when cleaning the rooms. My room had a small refrigerator but i understand that not all rooms have them yet.

I did hear quite a bit of loud talking coming from the adjoining room but i fell asleep before i decided whether or not to call the front desk and slept soundly all night long. (Loud talkers are certainly not the fault of the hotel management.)

The morning breakfast buffet was very nice. I appreciated the fact that they had hard boiled eggs rather than the powdered stuff that you usually get. There was yogurt and fruit along with the usual bagels and cereal.

I felt that the room rate was certainly reasonable and i would recommend the Pacer Inn to others traveling to Delaware.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ashley B, Manager at Pacer Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate all of our guests and so our best to accommodate every single one! We now have a brand new breakfast area for guests to enjoy and have replaced the old area with a new couch and table to sit and read or just enjoy the sunshine.
Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!!

Pacer Staff
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I reserved two adjoining king rooms for Sept. 18th. Paid for with a credit card, a week in advance. When we arrived that evening, they informed us they only had a reservation for 1 room. I had a copy of the confirmation printed out stating the 2 king rooms were reserved and paid for and they refused to honor the reservation. They said they could only give us 1 room with 2 queen beds, which would not work for us. The clerk told me she could not understand how this could happen as they could only book the adjoining rooms together. This happened during The Little Brown Jug week (think the Kentucky Derby of harness racing) there was not a room to be had in Delaware. I had to get on a computer and find rooms in Columbus myself, no thanks to the clerk. I will never stay here again as I think this is a terrible way to treat a guest with paid reservations! I guess a paid confirmation number means nothing here. We go to Delaware every year for The Jug with a large group of horsemen, and in the future will be letting them all know this hotel will not honor reservations during this week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank pat S
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience while you were trying to check in. I appreciate that you took the time to write us a review, and just want to let you know that I am truly sorry the mess up. We were experiencing some technical difficulties that night, as our old system was trying to update itself and would not let us see the online bookings, only the ones who called or personally came in and made the reservation. With that being said, we are currently using a new system that allows every interaction online to be placed directly onto our screens so we can see when you're coming in and which rooms you will need. I do want to take the time to apologize if you thought the clerk was rude. We take pride in the people who work here, and I can assure you that everyone was courteous and did everything they could to assist you in you dilemma. The clerk even went so far as to use her personal cell phone to call around the area trying to find you a hotel for your stay. And I can promise you that we never ever "do this on purpose" as you stated to the clerk that night. We are a people oriented business and always try to as professional as can be.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to turn your opinion of us around sometime.

Pacer Staff
Palo Alto, California, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Pacer Inn was the most elegant place of the 11 motels I stayed in this trip. The breakfast buffet was carefully and beautifully arranged. However, the wi-fi signal in my room was irregular, and there was a periodic mechanical, high-pitched whine coming from machinery in the next room. It didn't wake me up if I was already asleep, but it was annoying when I was awake. Otherwise, this would have been one of my favorite motels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

5 stars. And by far the best and cleanest of any in a 20 mile radius. Staff is always courteous and friendly, and you can't beat the value. The price is just right for either one night or an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'm a B&B guy and stayed at the Pacer Inn only because Delaware is a small town with only one B&B. But the Pacer impressed me. I got to have windows that open and cleanliness and this place passed my scrutiny with flying colors. I haven't stayed at a motel in decades but the Pacer is a completely remodeled place with very tasteful decor, non-smoking, and bath tubs (!) - a plus for me. It wasn't noisy at all either. The staff was sincerely nice - everyone. Nice breakfast stuff as well for the guests - fruit, etc.

Overall I cannot say enough good things about my experience. The Pacer may not have converted me back to liking motels/hotels, but I will definitely stay there again. A+ experience. Stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank musicdinosaur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Been to Pacer Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!