“Don't waste your money!!!”
Review of 77 Inn & Grill

77 Inn & Grill
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dover
Ohio
“Don't waste your money!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I read other reviews about this hotel before I booked it and those reviews weren't bad.

I don't know where those people had stayed previously but I do not have 1 good thing to say about this place.

We were supposed to have a queen bed, micro-fridge, 25" TV etc etc. We had a 1 full bed, 19" TV and that's it!! And, a room full of FLIES!!! yes flies, luckily I had a newspaper with me and killed most of them before trying to go to sleep.

There wasn't even an alarm clock in the room. The carpet was so dirty it felt wet and our feet stuck to the floor. I did not use the filthy shower and was not very comfortable using the toilet.

It was so disgusting we didn't even stay the whole night.

I would not recommend this hotel at all, no matter how cheap they are. Good luck

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gslater08, manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 5 December 2008
It is the policy of our hotel to address any concerns or disatisfaction of our guests. If something is not right with your room, please notify the front desk and give us a chance to rectify the situation. We want our guests to enjoy their stay. When someone does not say something is wrong we can't fix it. My advice is to try to work with the hotel staff to make things right before you write an unjust review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Clean place to stay. Some of the front desk help not very friendly. Rooms are dated but always clean. I have stayed here several times during the last month.....everytime I was charged a different amount.
Some front desk help gives better deals than others. I will stay here
again because its close to restaurants and price is usually between $40-$70.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Same room...but never knowing the rate.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingTeacher10
Midwest, USA
Reviewed 16 May 2007

This motel is an old Knights Inn converted to a private name Hospitality Inn. The rooms are dated but they include cable and HBO. Some rooms have kitchenettes which is a plus. If you are going to Amish country and want a really affordable place to stay, choose this motel. Housekeeping staff is polite, but the desk staff was a little difficult. I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Dated Rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 June 2006

I was charged one rate & paid in cash. Receipt was given when I checked out that showed I had paid a lesser amount. Hotel refused to refund the overcharging. Beware.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
gslater08, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 10 April 2009
This unfortunate incident was corrected. The manager at the time refunded the guest money and terminated the employee involved. The matter, and it's resolution, is on record with the BBB. The hotel has since changed ownership to Americas Best Value Inn.

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Reviewed 17 March 2006

We stay here several times a year. Its the best place to stay in the Dover/New Philly area in our minds. Its always spotlessly clean, and being next to Shoneys helps too. This will be the 3rd year coming to the area and we have stayed here all but 1 trip

Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2003

This was a lot nicer than alot of motels in Dover it is right next to shoneys and Bob Evans Restaurants.They have a real nice Pool and it is clean.The rooms were real clean.over all everything is pretty good.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
#1 of 6 in New Philadelphia

Been to 77 Inn & Grill? Share your experiences!