“Excellent girls' week end!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dresden
Sarah's House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dresden
Selbyville, Delaware
“Excellent girls' week end!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We gave been traveling from MD and PA for several years to shop in Dresden and at the Homestead. We have always stayed at the hotels in Zanesville. This year we tried Sarah's House and are thrilled we made the switch!

Steve greeted us upon arrival on Friday afternoon and had some suggestions fir dinner. We decided to try The Depot (separate review) because it is within walking distance. Good choice! We made it back for dessert and tea....home made apple tart with whipped cream. YUM! That was just a precursor for the marvelous breakfast the next day! We went to bed listening to Steve playing the piano! Beautiful!

We were in The Garden room. We had three twin beds and a cot......all were comfortable. The room was beautifully decorated and welcoming. The bathroom was clean with all necessities and plenty of towels for all of us!

Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. Steve had the table set for us when we arrive. The breakfast/fruit compote was great but noting to compare with the quiche, sausage patties, and monkey bread! We enjoyed our meal listening to Steve's piano playing.

That night we decided to order carrot out and eat in the Inn's kitchen area. Tina and Steve graciously allow guests use if the frig, so we had our wine cooling for dinner. That night we had hot leach cobbler with ice cream. Oh my!

Our last morning, breakfast was stuffed French toast, sausage links, fruit/yogurt compote.....the meals keep getting better and better!

Tina and Steve are amazing innkeepers who graciously share their beautiful Victorian home with travelers. They are so friendly and welcoming....they addressed us each by name and remembered little bits of our lives to bring up in conversations!

We are looking forward to our visit next October!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
stenamiller, Owner at Sarah's House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to have you ladies as our guests. Believe us when we say, we enjoyed the experience as much as you did!! I do want to point out that the Cobbler was Peach! LOL! Blessings to you girls and see you in 2014!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My friends and I were able to finish our long weekend in southeast Ohio with a most wonderful experience at Sarah's House. From the moment we arrived we were treated like 'family' with our most gracious hosts, Steve and Tina. The victorian aspects of the house are fabulous and inviting. Four of us gals were able to stay in the Garden Room, each with our own bed..GREAT!!!! The cherry cobbler in the evening was a sweet treat and the breakfast cooked by Steve was so filling and delicious. He really has a culinary flair in the kitchen!!! Steve also entertained us with some of his musical talents at the house and at their Emporium, which has a great collection of antiques, baskets and other various gifts for everyone's taste. We loved the whole experience, you will too!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at Sarah's House, As always it is very relaxing and the food is great. Our room was pretty, comfortable and clean. A dessert is usually served in the evening but we had to pass because we were just too full from dinner. Breakfast was yogurt, fruit and granola starter, quiche, sausages, and monkey bread. All delicious as usual! Steve does a wonderful job.

Steve and Tina are excellent hosts!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden room. It had 3 twin beds and was perfect for Grandma, Mom, and daughter. B...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very nice B&B! The owners are very nice and hospitable. The food wonderful and the conversations very engaging and interesting. Tina and Steve care about their guest and keeping our tummies full. We enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again. You can purchase their cookbook while there and it is filled with some of the food you'll enjoy during your stay!

Room Tip: The rooms are upstairs..spiral staircase.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank makerofdreams1
Birmingham, Mich
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Nice place. Really nice owners. Ask Steve to play piano for you. He'll talk, talk, talk... All of it interesting. I was surprised that windows in room did not open, so we ran the air conditioner.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Ballerman
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This "Granny" simply loves visiting B and B's. The owners of Sarah's House are far and away the most gracious hosts that I have ever experienced. This engaging (and interesting) couple offerered so much tender loving care to my family and I, that we simply did not want to leave! My daughter Amanda, my Grandson, Jace (a toddler) and myself settled into the charm and romance of the old home immediately. The house was clean, welcoming, and more importantly, this home had "soul"
When I visit a B and B, I want to feel the "spirit" of the house, and, of it's owners, otherwise, I would go to a cookie cutter hotel along the highway. I didn't perform the white glove test for dust, or do a "walk around" to check the condition of the exterior, I didn't have time, I was far too enchanted by the home and by the perfect little town. Everything was very clean (well cared for) and utterly comfortable. The house was both beautiful and calming, there were precious little accents all over the house, I enjoyed each one, there was the wonderful old, soft, clean, cotton quilts, the angel face portraits in the entry hall, the lovely portrait of Saint Terese in one of the upstairs rooms especially touched my heart. The music Steve played in the evening calmed even the frayed, exhausted, nerves of an active, on the go toddler, at his wits end after a long day of being brutally restrained in a boring car seat. Jace twilrled and swayed, really feeling, experiencing and appreciating the lovely music Steve was playing. At one point, he laid his little head down on the plush rug and smiled as the soothing romantic melodies wafted and swirled throughout the knooks and crannies of wonderful old family home. Desert was apple cobbler, Tina's Grandmothers personal recipe, it was divine, to die for, tons of real butter and brown sugar with fresh brewed decaf coffee that could have easily passed for regular, it was so creamy, full bodied and hot. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow, in a sweet room that felt like sleeping at my own Grandmothers house five decades ago. The breakfast was well balanced, delicious, luxurious, and far more than enough, (Tina kindly packed two containers of monkey bread for our trip home) I loved this B and B, I have never enjoyed such sterling hospitality! We're returning as soon as possible! I'm bound and determined to take my girlfriends there and my husband as well. This home is especially romantic, sweet, and overflowing with old fashioned charm and hospitality! I can picture myself there giggling with my gal pals over hot cobbler or strolling hand and hand down the streets of Dresden with my hubby. Don't miss out on Sarah's House.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bethlehem, PA, USA
Reviewed 16 November 2010

This past weekend I went on a bus trip to visit the Longaberger Homestead in central Ohio. Our group, which included 26 women, was split up in order for local Bed & Breakfasts to accommodate us. I was assigned to Sarah's House, located on the Main Street in Dresden. Before we arrived I read the previous review on TripAdvisor, and I was weary of my upcoming stay. However, when we arrived I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

Sarah's House is a beautiful old Victorian and is run by the nicest couple, Steve and Tina. It is as I said, an old Victorian, so don't expect every 21st century amenity or brand new furnishings, but of course, that is the charm of a B&B! (Although I was pleasantly surprised to find out they offer free WiFi!) The house is gorgeously decorated and very spacious. I stayed in the Garden Room, which has 3 - 4 if you need it - twin beds. We had 4 women in the room and we all had plenty of room. All of the 5 rooms have individual bathrooms, which is a nice plus. Downstairs there is a dining room, library, parlor with grand piano, large eat in kitchen, and a magnificent spiral staircase. Steve will play the piano for you, which is very nice entertainment. Every morning you are treated to a grand breakfast and every evening a scrumptious dessert, cooked and served by Steve and Tina. Steve is an amazing cook, everything was delicious! Our first night we were treated to a homemade cheesecake with cherries and it was out of this world! Steve even packed up a few slices for me to take home, which I really appreciated.

Personally, I had never stayed at a B&B before, and I had never thought I was the kind of person to enjoy one, but boy was I wrong. Staying at Sarah's House you really feel like family, and your hosts go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Other people on our trip who had stayed at B&Bs before said Sarah's House provided everything that previous B&Bs they stayed at did not. Overall, my experience at Sarah's House was exceptional and I thank Steve and Tina for an excellent weekend stay!

Before I end my review, I do have to agree with the previous post that mentioned the town of Dresden appears to have seen its heyday come and go. I had never been there before, but it wasn't exactly the bustling downtown I had imagined. Several members of our group had been there before and said it was quite different than they remember. There are many storefronts empty or for sale. Several stores that are still open are having Retirement or Closing Sales. The local economy is clearly driven by the Longaberger brand, and since the company itself isn't doing so well, it looks like the town has been hit hard as well. The entire situation is very sad, and throughout our trip we discussed what would happen to these local store and B&B owners if the Longaberger Homestead shuts down, as is the rumor. I do wish all those local business owners the best, and hopefully the economy will rebound and allow everyone to continue their businesses.

Feel free to contact me with any questions about this review - Hope it helps you!

• Stayed November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dresden
Coshocton Village Inn & Suites
The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Dresden
The Inn at Dresden
#1 of 4 in Dresden

Been to Sarah's House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!