All reviews city lights squeezed orange juice player piano longaberger basket bed and breakfast gracious hosts private balcony highly recommend this b b wonderful hospitality central ohio breakfast was delicious zane grey wonderful weekend wrap around deck anniversary weekend select registry roscoe village
Reviewed 15 February 2009

My husband and I drove an hour from home to leave the kids with grandma and share Valentine's Day as a couple. We drove over to The Inn at Dresden, which we found in the Select Registry guidebook--a listing of bed & breakfast places throughout the U.S.
The Inn was originally the home of basket-king Dave Longaberger, who was crazy enough to have the house built over and around a rock, which overlooked all of Dresden and the valley below. I don't recommend this place for folks who have to drive with manual transmission to get up to the house, nor for people who are physically disabled/challenged. Nor should you book rooms mid-winter because the road that leads to the Inn climbs a very steep hill, and so I imagine you would not be able to reach the Inn if the road is ice-covered. Inside the Inn the only way you can reach your room is by climbing a maze of stairways which wrap around the hill on which the house is built.
We stayed in the Dresden Suite, and at the cost of $190 per night, the price is too steep if you aren't able to sleep through the night due to discomfort. The room itself was interesting. There were no windows to see outside of the room, only a door, which leads to a private balcony. Inside the room is a king-size bed, triangular shaped-whirlpool, fire place, CD player, DVD/VCR, TV, ceiling fan, A/C, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom also has a shower stall.
We did fine in the place until it was actually time to sleep for the night. At 1:00 am, I could hear another TV in one other rooms blaring through the walls. I usually bring a fan or vaporizer along with me to block out extraneous noises because I have a difficult time falling asleep as it is. But I could still hear the other TV even with the vaporizer running.
The room was way too warm for sleep, as well. The thermostat was set at 72-degrees, and I tried to dial it down. But every time I reset the temperature to 65, the thermostat would reset itself to 72. I called the night innkeeper and after waking her up after 20 rings or so, she told me to turn on the A/C (in February). Well, then the room became too cold. I turned the A/C off and the temperature went back up again. (Remember, there are no windows to open in this room, only a door to a balcony). Finally, after struggling to get comfortable with the temperature controls and still listening to the other TV blaring through the walls at 2:30 am, we decided to pack up and drive an hour back home to sleep in our own beds.
We called the innkeeper at 2:30 am to inform her we would be checking-out within a "half-hour"; we packed the car and waited 40 minutes for her to show-up. No show from the innkeeper, so we left and drove an hour back home--to arrive at home after 4 in the morning.
My husband and I have since decided that as charming as specialty bed & breakfasts can be, they are too expensive at almost $200 per night if you cannot be afforded a decent night sleep.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Allen R, Owner at The Inn at Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

i am really sorry this couple had such a bad experience. I am the new owner of the Inn at Dresden and can assure them, and all others, that it will never happen again. Although they had their experience almost five years ago, and with the past owner, my wife, Joy, and I would be pleased to have them as our guests, without charge...that is FREE....for another night at the Inn.
Just call to make the reservation. Thank you for your understanding and willingness to give us another chance.
Joy and Allen