All reviewscity lightssqueezed orange juiceplayer pianolongaberger basketbed and breakfastgracious hostsprivate balconyhighly recommend this b bwonderful hospitalitycentral ohiobreakfast was deliciouszane greywonderful weekendwrap around deckanniversary weekendselect registryroscoe village
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I have never felt more at home away from home than I did while staying at the Inn at Dresden. My husband and I traveled to his hometown of Dresden, Ohio, to tend to his late mother’s burial and estate. Our first night in town we were treated to a night in the “City Lights” room of the Inn at Dresden by friends. The room was such a treat we decided to stay there the remainder of our trip.
Our room overlooked the “village” of Dresden, and as pretty as the view is, what impressed us the most about our room was how peacefulness and quiet it was. There were other guests staying at the Inn, but we never heard them entering or leaving, sounds from their television sets or traffic. Our particular bed was extremely comfortable and afforded us much needed rest. I especially liked the fact that no two rooms were the same. Each room had its own distinct bedding and ambiance.
Every morning we were greeted with a delicious breakfast, coffee, tea and fresh fruit as we sat by windows that overlooked the town below and the busy birds that fluttered about right outside from us. On two separate occasions we met friends for dinner at the Inn and each time we had steaks that were by far the best we’d ever eaten
To ensure it wasn’t a fluke, we asked other the other guests staying at the Inn how their stay was going. We were told each time that the guests always stay at the Inn when traveling this area of Ohio. It was nice to see how the Inn looks out for others as well as the community they live in. We spoke with different community members who told us the owners of the Inn support their community’s fundraising efforts, and the Inn’s little gift store sells items from entrepreneurs from underdeveloped countries.
As one who came from a large family like the Longabergers, I could certainly understand and appreciate Dave “Popeye” Longaberger desire to have a home with a lot of bathrooms. It was wonderful for me to see and experience the local history that my husband so often speaks about with regard to the town and the Inn at Dresden.
Loretta Carrico-Russell & Larry Russell

1  Thank nekkidwanderer
Reviewed 28 February 2009

We stayed at the Inn at Dresden for a Valentine's Weekend Getaway. We were impressed with the beautiful views from the window as we were served a meal that we both ranked "superior"! The rooms were the largest of any other B&B 's we have visited on the east coast. The greatest thing about this place.......the inn keepers. They love what they do and you can tell this by their desire to make sure your steak is perfect and the delicious homemade cookies they have out for the guests to enjoy.
I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys a quiet place, superior food, spacious clean rooms, and that extra "care" that everyone enjoys when staying at a B&B!

1  Thank Luv2TRAVaL
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We checked in after a long airline flight. Check in was very easy and the staff could not wait to start spoiling us. A nice gentleman made sure we know were everything was, including a large verity of free movies to watch if we'd liked. We were taken to our room and it was as beautiful as any 4 star hotel we have stayed at, and there have been many. The Inn was large but very cozy and warm. We were given our meal options and asked if we would like a snack until diner. Everything was as easy as the great pie we ate that night. The breakfast Diners were really great also. The place is beautiful and very peaceful. We just stayed a few nights but really enjoy it. We are returning very soon and everyone to know how wonderful The Inn at Dresden really is.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lifetimelove
Reviewed 15 February 2009

My husband and I drove an hour from home to leave the kids with grandma and share Valentine's Day as a couple. We drove over to The Inn at Dresden, which we found in the Select Registry guidebook--a listing of bed & breakfast places throughout the U.S.
The Inn was originally the home of basket-king Dave Longaberger, who was crazy enough to have the house built over and around a rock, which overlooked all of Dresden and the valley below. I don't recommend this place for folks who have to drive with manual transmission to get up to the house, nor for people who are physically disabled/challenged. Nor should you book rooms mid-winter because the road that leads to the Inn climbs a very steep hill, and so I imagine you would not be able to reach the Inn if the road is ice-covered. Inside the Inn the only way you can reach your room is by climbing a maze of stairways which wrap around the hill on which the house is built.
We stayed in the Dresden Suite, and at the cost of $190 per night, the price is too steep if you aren't able to sleep through the night due to discomfort. The room itself was interesting. There were no windows to see outside of the room, only a door, which leads to a private balcony. Inside the room is a king-size bed, triangular shaped-whirlpool, fire place, CD player, DVD/VCR, TV, ceiling fan, A/C, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom also has a shower stall.
We did fine in the place until it was actually time to sleep for the night. At 1:00 am, I could hear another TV in one other rooms blaring through the walls. I usually bring a fan or vaporizer along with me to block out extraneous noises because I have a difficult time falling asleep as it is. But I could still hear the other TV even with the vaporizer running.
The room was way too warm for sleep, as well. The thermostat was set at 72-degrees, and I tried to dial it down. But every time I reset the temperature to 65, the thermostat would reset itself to 72. I called the night innkeeper and after waking her up after 20 rings or so, she told me to turn on the A/C (in February). Well, then the room became too cold. I turned the A/C off and the temperature went back up again. (Remember, there are no windows to open in this room, only a door to a balcony). Finally, after struggling to get comfortable with the temperature controls and still listening to the other TV blaring through the walls at 2:30 am, we decided to pack up and drive an hour back home to sleep in our own beds.
We called the innkeeper at 2:30 am to inform her we would be checking-out within a "half-hour"; we packed the car and waited 40 minutes for her to show-up. No show from the innkeeper, so we left and drove an hour back home--to arrive at home after 4 in the morning.
My husband and I have since decided that as charming as specialty bed & breakfasts can be, they are too expensive at almost $200 per night if you cannot be afforded a decent night sleep.

• Check-in / front desk
Allen R, Owner at The Inn at Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

i am really sorry this couple had such a bad experience. I am the new owner of the Inn at Dresden and can assure them, and all others, that it will never happen again. Although they had their experience almost five years ago, and with the past owner, my wife, Joy, and I would be pleased to have them as our guests, without charge...that is FREE....for another night at the Inn.
Just call to make the reservation. Thank you for your understanding and willingness to give us another chance.
Joy and Allen