“Horrible and terrifying experience. DO NOT STAY HERE”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible and terrifying experience. DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I will try to make it short but my family reserved 3 hotel rooms for W, T, F and one of the rooms for Sat while we were here for a funeral. We called the day before we arrived to reserve the rooms and were told we would be charged 74.99 and get a 10% AAA discount on the rate, and that Sat. night would be 109.99 and could also get 10% off. At the end of the stay a new man appeared and told us "No way" were we given that price, "Not possible" and changed the price to 109.99 for 3 of the days we were there. He argued with the younger woman who appeared to maybe be his daughter or wife and then shoved her for telling us a lower price in front of us. Two separate family members had been give the same lower price on the phone. We are in a dispute with them through our credit card companies now. They lie to bring you in the door and then change the price when you go to pay. I now see on here it's been done before by them.

The stay was awful. Stained furniture and carpets, our room wasn't cleaned once during our 4 night stay.

IMPORTANT: After we paid the bill for W, T, Fri, Sat (paid for 4 nights) at 5:57 pm on Saturday so that we could leave the hotel early on sunday morning we had a very scary experience where we had to call the police and have filed a report. My mother and I were in bed at midnight when someone attempted to open our door, I yelled that there was someone in there and what are they doing, go away and close the door, the person kept trying to open the door and attempted to break the security lock that we had placed on. I kept yelling and told them we were calling the police, when I went to the door and saw out it was the middle aged gentleman who I had seen before at the front desk that we argued with who we witnessed shove the other woman working there. He said that I had checked out of the hotel already and kept yelling this at me, I said to go away I'm calling the police and he called me a "[--]" The police came. The man wanted to rent the room out to someone who was looking for a room at midnight and thought he would just kick us out of the room since we had already paid. These people have no business running a hotel and please for your own safety DO NOT STAY HERE. If we hadn't had the security lock on I dont know what he would have done.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank kateryan8
QualityInnDublin, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
We are sorry for the difficulty that you experienced during your stay here in March. I apologize if you felt that we did not follow proper protocol.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Good location for Zoo etc. Quiet, nice suite, comfortable bed. Not much of a breakfast. Desk lady most helpful. Kind of hard to find without GPS which helped us get in and out of the area with the traffic which is bad in Columbus area. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JerryMary
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Long story short we made a mistake in reservations at a downtown columbus hotel and mixed up the dates. The night manager at the other hotel called around to find us a room close to columbus and this is where we ended up. Dublin is a nice area, figured the hotel couldn't be bad.

We arrived and waited to be greeted by a man with a thick foreign accent. He was wearing flip/flops and pants rolled up, with shirt untucked. We explained our situation and he said he received the call and that the room was only reserved for 1 person, i then tried to explain we needed it for two. Instead of just accommodating us it became comical with a back and forth of how many people were staying.

This is when my wife lost her cool and said obviously two of us need to stay here can you make it happen. He then comes back with, "don't cuss at me" well i tried as calmly as possible to get him to change the paperwork to show two people in the room, we just wanted to get some sleep.

In the morning while checking out the same man helped us. He was much calmer and asked us why we were going to the other hotel in town, we said we had reserved a bigger room downtown . He then argued, they don't have bigger rooms.......here we go again, back and forth until I said, look check us out we are staying elsewhere.

The room was ok if you left the lights off. Pubic hair on the toilet and in the shower, a huge spider in the tub. I realize it is just a Quality Inn, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad, but this guy has to go.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Mike H
cincinnati
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel was over priced for the quality of the room. Tv was from the 90's. there were cracks and holes in the walls of my bedroom. The toilet ran all night plus towel rack was not on the wall but hardware was hanging. I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nick s
Millersburg, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at this Quality Inn over the weekend recently. We chose this Hotel based on its location, price and Trip Advisor reviews. We found the Hotel staff to be friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, the room clean and spacious, but the walls very thin! We could hear the next door neighbor going to the bathroom. Unfortunately, we had a few young people on our floor who were up through the night talking loudly in the hallway and people going in and out of the rooms. Finally, after 3 in the morning, a staff member arrived and spoke to them. It then quieted down and they were not there the next night. This type of activity left us feeling uncomfortable. This probably is not a usual happening, but still the rooms are not very sound proof, if that is a concern of yours. Otherwise, the Hotel is a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: You may consider a room on the 2nd floor, as the 1st floor room windows look directly out onto the p...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn when visiting family in the area. The hotel is located near many shops and restaurants, just off the busy Sawmill Road. However, the hotel is on a quiet, tree-lined side street. We had a two queen bed suite, which was perfect for the four members of our family. We had a separate space to unpack and relax: each room had its own television and mirror. There were two sinks in the room, too. The room had a refrigerator, a microwave, and free wifi.

The walls are a bit thin if you have the front bedroom in the suite; however, this is only a problem if you have noisy neighbors or people talking in the hallways. (Some unruly travelers were a regular disturbance when we stayed at the hotel and the management seemed powerless to do anything about it.)

The breakfast at the hotel is adequate with cereals, bagels, and fruit, but could use a few more healthful options.

Room Tip: We opted for the second (top) floor, which seemed quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank HarperMKE
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn for a family trip to COSCI and the zoo. While at COSCI, our 3 year old became sick. We checked in at around 3:30 and was given 2 doubles instead of the 1 queen, we had reserved. I am very happy we had that. When we arrived in the room my son ended getting sick all over the bed. The staff was quick to get us clean sheets and even offered to get us a new mattress. They even asked how he was doing the next day.
The room was set up great. You walk in to the fist "room" with one bed, the 2nd bed is located just past the bathroom and sink area. It was like having 2 rooms. Prefect for a sick little boy to rest while my husband, infant daughter and I watched tv and relaxed. The baby did not bother her at all. Each room has their own tv and each were pretty big and clean. It is also minutes from COSCI and the zoo.
I did find the bed to be lumpy and the pillows to be thin. The hotel is very close to the highway so that did keep me up. Breakfast in the morning was lackluster. The hotel is hard to find. There is one very small sign for it on the main road, but none once you turn. It is located behind a plaza, which is not signed well and blocked behind trees.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family