“Excellent stay, extremely honest people!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
NW Indiana
“Excellent stay, extremely honest people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had a good experience with the facility. It was clean, non-smoking (no smoke smell, really), had everything we needed, and was safe. The staff are very friendly and tend to your requests. We actually left behind nearly $3,000 in personal belongings and the staff returned it to us! The staff constantly attempted to contact our cell phone, we were unavailable, and they held our things for 1 week until we returned. Thank heavens! Very honest people!!!

Close to zoo!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AngZee
QualityInnDublin, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. I have shared your comments with our team. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and we are proud of our associates for being honest and helpful all of the time. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will come back and see us very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Bottom line: I am the mother of the previous reviewer, Kate, and in my 61 yrs.of a life of travel I have never had such a terrifying experience due to the deranged actions of one of this motel's employees (who seems to be in charge at the front desk- a middle aged man, will not use his name.). Just after midnight he tried violently to break into our room after midnight, continuing to try to break our security lock, even though my daughter and I were screaming for him to go away and pushing against the door to keep him out. He kept yelling that we had checked out but: 1.He had been at the desk when my daughter had paid for the room that very afternoon, 2. The room had not been cleaned (it hadn't all week that we had been there), our things were all still there. 3. Our card key will worked (they disable them when you check out). 4. We had entered the motel and walked past the front desk 2 hrs earlier and no-one stopped us asking if we had paid. We had no indication that they thought we did not belong in the room. Also: 1. All of our MALE relatives who had been staying in the 2 rooms next to us had left that day- we were two women alone. 2. This man did NOT KNOCK 3. He DID NOT at anytime identify himself as a motel employee. Kate recognized him when she ran to try to push the door closed and saw him through the opening- as the older man who runs the desk and whom she and my brother-in-law had seen push a female employee in anger earlier. We were terrified!!!We had to call the police and have them escort us safely out, We are working with the police now. Further, we have contacted the Quality in home office and have received no response. I'll post updates.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank crayolabarb
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you felt that you were mistreated during your stay. It was certainly and unfortunate series of events and for that, we are truly sorry.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Let's face it, what do you expect for $70 a night?

Staff was nice. Rooms were clean, bedding included. Rooms were quiet. Coffee pot in the room, breakfast in the morning was nice....it was to be expected for the price. Restaurants and a movie theater close by if you are looking for a few things to do.

If you want a $120 a night experience, pay for it and go someplace else. If you want a clean room for a quick trip, stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate that you were so pleased with the value that you received at the Quality Inn and Suites in Dublin, Ohio. We know that you have many lodging choices in the Columbus area. We are happy that you chose to stay with us. Please come back and see us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I will try to make it short but my family reserved 3 hotel rooms for W, T, F and one of the rooms for Sat while we were here for a funeral. We called the day before we arrived to reserve the rooms and were told we would be charged 74.99 and get a 10% AAA discount on the rate, and that Sat. night would be 109.99 and could also get 10% off. At the end of the stay a new man appeared and told us "No way" were we given that price, "Not possible" and changed the price to 109.99 for 3 of the days we were there. He argued with the younger woman who appeared to maybe be his daughter or wife and then shoved her for telling us a lower price in front of us. Two separate family members had been give the same lower price on the phone. We are in a dispute with them through our credit card companies now. They lie to bring you in the door and then change the price when you go to pay. I now see on here it's been done before by them.

The stay was awful. Stained furniture and carpets, our room wasn't cleaned once during our 4 night stay.

IMPORTANT: After we paid the bill for W, T, Fri, Sat (paid for 4 nights) at 5:57 pm on Saturday so that we could leave the hotel early on sunday morning we had a very scary experience where we had to call the police and have filed a report. My mother and I were in bed at midnight when someone attempted to open our door, I yelled that there was someone in there and what are they doing, go away and close the door, the person kept trying to open the door and attempted to break the security lock that we had placed on. I kept yelling and told them we were calling the police, when I went to the door and saw out it was the middle aged gentleman who I had seen before at the front desk that we argued with who we witnessed shove the other woman working there. He said that I had checked out of the hotel already and kept yelling this at me, I said to go away I'm calling the police and he called me a "[--]" The police came. The man wanted to rent the room out to someone who was looking for a room at midnight and thought he would just kick us out of the room since we had already paid. These people have no business running a hotel and please for your own safety DO NOT STAY HERE. If we hadn't had the security lock on I dont know what he would have done.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank kateryan8
We are sorry for the difficulty that you experienced during your stay here in March. I apologize if you felt that we did not follow proper protocol.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Good location for Zoo etc. Quiet, nice suite, comfortable bed. Not much of a breakfast. Desk lady most helpful. Kind of hard to find without GPS which helped us get in and out of the area with the traffic which is bad in Columbus area. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JerryMary
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Long story short we made a mistake in reservations at a downtown columbus hotel and mixed up the dates. The night manager at the other hotel called around to find us a room close to columbus and this is where we ended up. Dublin is a nice area, figured the hotel couldn't be bad.

We arrived and waited to be greeted by a man with a thick foreign accent. He was wearing flip/flops and pants rolled up, with shirt untucked. We explained our situation and he said he received the call and that the room was only reserved for 1 person, i then tried to explain we needed it for two. Instead of just accommodating us it became comical with a back and forth of how many people were staying.

This is when my wife lost her cool and said obviously two of us need to stay here can you make it happen. He then comes back with, "don't cuss at me" well i tried as calmly as possible to get him to change the paperwork to show two people in the room, we just wanted to get some sleep.

In the morning while checking out the same man helped us. He was much calmer and asked us why we were going to the other hotel in town, we said we had reserved a bigger room downtown . He then argued, they don't have bigger rooms.......here we go again, back and forth until I said, look check us out we are staying elsewhere.

The room was ok if you left the lights off. Pubic hair on the toilet and in the shower, a huge spider in the tub. I realize it is just a Quality Inn, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad, but this guy has to go.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Mike H
cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel was over priced for the quality of the room. Tv was from the 90's. there were cracks and holes in the walls of my bedroom. The toilet ran all night plus towel rack was not on the wall but hardware was hanging. I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nick s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus - Dublin
Cloverleaf Suites
Cloverleaf Suites
#12 of 21 in Dublin
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!