“Guest”

Columbus Marriott Northwest
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was aweful. We had requested 4 towels in our room. We only had 3. This alone was not a big deal we left a note and tip for house keeping asking for 4 towels the next day. They never come to clean our room. The next day another person in our party was in her room watching TV when the door opened and people walked in with their luggage. The hotel rented their room while we she was still in it. Her reservation was for another 2 nights! This did not happen just to us we heard that it happened to other at the hotel this weekend. On the second night we had left a note and tip yet again asking for 4 towels and when we came back our room was cleaned the tip was gone and only 3 towels. The business center computer had a password on it and no one knew what it was so we could print a document. We told the front desk at check out they said we are sorry about that but we were sold out and very busy. We hope you will come back. Your all checked out. DO NOT ST HERE! Go down an exit or two to the Crown Plaza or Embassy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I am very disappointed we were not able to meet your expectations. Clearly we need to revisit some training opportunities both in Housekeeping and at the Front Desk. I can assure you this is not our standard, and we need to do better. If you don't mind, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your issues directly with you, so I may make things right. If you have a few minutes, please feel free to email me at nick.moschetti@marriott.com, or call me at (614) 791-1000 so that I may properly address the issues you experienced personally.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Columbus Marriott Northwest

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I expect good beds when I go to a hotel. I don't care how the pool is or how the lobby is. One of the worst beds I have every slept in. Tooo small for two adults and no support to it at all. Very disappointed. My don needed a good night sleep for a wrestling tournament and he didn't sleep at all.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cccccccvvv

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback, and I am sorry for your disappointment in our bed. Getting a restful night's sleep is one of the most important and fundamental experiences we must provide, and I am disappointed your expectations were not met. If you don't mind, I would very much like the opportunity to make this right with you. Would you mind emailing me at nick.moschetti@marriott.com, or calling me at (614) 791-1000, so that I may address this issue with you personally and directly?

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice spacious lobby and restaurant areas
Quite expensive room rate relative to what was offered so average value.
Small bathroom and bath tub
Staff were quite helpful
Useful business area where you can print boarding passes
Nice breakfast

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fivesheds
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel, and I am pleased you were happy with several aspects of your stay with us. Price value is something we monitor and evaluate constantly, and I appreciate your comments regarding this. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wow! I didn't even think about doing an online review but I guess it's never too late. I was there in February for the George Strait concert. I was pretty wound up about the show (before and after!) but was a little deflated when I came back around midnite and needed First Aid supplies for a minor injury (cut my finger on a piece of metal on a railing going up to our seats at the concert).

I asked the guy at the front desk (whose name I didn't get and regret not doing so!!!) "Is there someplace here I can get some peroxide and a Band-Aid?" He apparently thought he was a comedian and laughed when he said "Walmart". That made me mad. It was late. I was tired. I dont have any idea where Walmart is. And obviously by asking "anywhere HERE" I meant IN the hotel. Duh.

He asked what I needed - as I had just told him peroxide and a Band-Aid - and he said they didn't sell that in their little store by the front desk. Sigh. Finally he went and got me a small bottle of peroxide and two giant bandages. I wasn't allowed to take the (almost empty) bottle with me and actually had to pour it on my finger at the front desk. Niiiice. I was allowed to take the bandages to-go.

I was hungry when I got back but after the peroxide caper I didnt bother asking if there was anything nearby, figuring Mr Funny Man would have suggested I go (back) to Cincy to find something open so late. And the only vending machine I could find on my floor was Pepsi. :(

I guess this would be a testament in "always be on your best behaviour because you never know who is watching". Nick - if I get to meet/speak with you I will expound on this.

I'm coming back this weekend - for another concert - and despite what happened I'm February I'm still looking forward to it - the show, staying in a hotel, all of it. :) Just hoping someone with better manners is at the front desk!

Thank you.

JEK

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor....loved it up there back at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the recap of your experience back in February. I can certainly understand why you were compelled to share this, and I appreciate you doing so. Obviously your situation was not handled in a manner consistent with how we expect to treat our guests, and for this I apologize. I have researched the dates you were here and, for what it’s worth, the individual you dealt with in February is no longer employed with the hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with the rest of the team, however, in order to provide a training opportunity to ensure we are providing the most accommodating experience we can for all of our guests, regardless of the time of day or nature of the request.

You also indicated a desire to speak with me in more detail of your experience, and I welcome the opportunity. Please feel free to email me at nick.moschetti@marriott.com, or call me directly at (614) 791-1000, so I may address any additional concerns you have.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel where we had a reservation had overbook so they sent us to the Marriott. What a nice surprise! Not only did we get a room at nearly 10 PM at night, the helpful front desk staff members gave us a corner room. It was very spacious! The hotel and especially our room/bathroom were very clean and well-maintained. The bed was comfy and it was very quiet. We enjoyed a delicious, made-to-order hot breakfast the next morning at no charge since we have gold status with Marriott. We'd definitely return to this Marriott.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are roomier.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for the outstanding feedback! It was a pleasure hosting you, and we hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am not a big fan of the traditional full service hotel. This Marriott is just that, but the updated amenities helped me to over look some of the full service nonsense. Rooms are standard size hotel rooms with updated décor, and plenty of open/charging outlets. We encountered a problem immediately as our King/Pull out room did not have a pull out. Instead we asked for a roll away and stayed put - it was delivered immediately. We were somehow placed on the concierge floor (hotel was apparently over booked) and were given strange looks from two employees while hanging out in the concierge lounge one afternoon. The next morning there was a note posted at the lounge entry that is was for elite status customers. Kind of odd, but we stopped in for bottled water any way.

Employees (other than the concierge lounge) were very friendly and attentive. Pool area and work out room were large, and clean. Big lobby had a rather noisy fountain but plenty of room for groups to socialize. Bar drink prices were outrageous at $11 for a mixed drink. Yikes! Breakfast was provided for "sports groups" and it was very good and well staffed. Starbucks on site was a nice feature.

We had a good group room rate, but I see that this hotel is pretty pricey without that discount. I would have much preferred a "suite" style hotel traveling with a family - I enjoy the extra space above and beyond any full service offerings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in Dublin on a recent business trip and while I normally stay at the Hyatt, I opted for the Marriott this time. What a treat. I arrived a little after 3 and went to get coffee (since they have Starbucks!!). Well, they had just closed the desk but this fabulous staffer came over to see if she could get one for me. Although she tried, everything had been put away. Off I went to work. Upon my return that evening, I was greated in my room with a Starbucks muffin and 3 vouchers for coffee during my stay AND a hand written note from Stacy (the Marriott employee that assisted me earlier). All I can say, is no more Hyatt for me!! It is Marriott from now on - Great staff, comfy rooms and overll great experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business