We were recently in Columbus to buy a wedding dress. I booked a queen room with a spa tub because it was pet friendly. Since, I had book through one of the travel agencies, I had paid in advance. Since I had declared the dog on booking, I never declared her at check in. After we got and took our baggage up, we received a phone call from a clerk rudely acting like we had slipped the dog in...I felt like a school child who had gotten caught sneaking. I nicely explained, I didn't realize the fee and declaration had not be charged. But, even though I apologized for the misunderstanding and I told the clerk no problem, we knew there was a charge, she still acted as if she had not been satisfied that I wasn't sneaking her in....by the way, the dog boldly pranced through the lobby on a leash...we in no way hid the dog. The clerk still continued repeating they had a dog charge and I had to pay it. I kept telling her no problem we would gladly pay it, but she kept "quarrelling." I went to pay and the clerk couldn't put her phone down while she waited on me. I felt her "aggressive tone" and "chastising" was way over the top and rude.
When I got back home and checked by bank e-statement, I realized, they had not only charged me the dog fee, but they had preauthorized another charge they had not released from my account. After several phone calls, we did get it resolved, but when I called, I was told they did the preauthorization for incidentals I might use. I was not informed of any of this. The only approval for my debit acct was the $35.00 pet fee. I was very upset about the unauthorized charge.
The staff was not friendly, the breakfast was not good and the room did not have the spa tub. I will not be staying here again. We come here often and have stayed at other pet friendly places we were happy with... We only chose this one because it was close to the bridal store.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio. Coming to this Dublin hotel for business or pleasure is a snap as we are just west of I-270 off of exit 15, in Northwest Columbus. You may find yourself feeling particularly smart for choosing to stay at our new Express on Tuttle Crossing Blvd., located just 10 minutes from the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay Water Park, 5 minutes from the Dublin Irish Festival grounds, Muirfield Village Golf Club (home of the PGA Memorial Tournament) and 15 minutes from downtown Columbus. Meeting space for up to 50 divides into 2 smaller spaces with natural light. We have a professional meeting planner on-site. Restaurants abound in the immediate area and many are within walking distance. Relax in our indoor pool & whirlpool, or enjoy the serene atmosphere created by our Sky-High-Water-Feature-Wall and the natural indoor landscaping that makes our new hotel in Dublin stands out above the rest. Weekend packages & exclusive, guaranteed-lowest group rates are available by request. Our breakfast is still free, and now features hot entrees as well as our signature, exclusive cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee. Our Simply Smart Bedding Collection will have you waking up feeling refreshed and recharged. Free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, plus our online concierge, eHost, are also available to assist with information about the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Ohio