“Class Act”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Class Act”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This HIE was my best lodging experience in recent memory! Obviously management and staff have their acts together. Nearly new, clean, nice breakfast, better than average HIE appointment with deluxe features (i.e., bathroom exhaust fan with tenant operated switch)--and property setback from expressway traffic noise. Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The Holiday Inn Express was celebrating its one-year anniversary while we were visiting. We arrived at the hotel about 1:00pm and had no trouble checking in. Dustin, the front desk attendant, was very friendly and even offered us a complimentary beverage. This little gesture was great as it made me feel as if I was being welcomed into someone’s home. Our room was very clean and comfortable.
There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room which is a wonderful amenity when traveling. The bathroom is modern with good lighting for make-up application. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The ladies that work in the kitchen area are very nice as well. They greeted us as we entered the area and said “See you tomorrow!” when we left. The Holiday Inn Express is located very close to many restaurants and only about a half mile from Tuttle Crossing Mall. After a long and tiring day of travel, it was great having a nice place to rest and relax. I highly recommend this quiet, clean and comfortable hotel to others and I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Rooms were great. Well decorated and clean (though the showers were a bit of a disappointment when compared to the rest of the well appointed bathroom) Continental breakfast was good, lots of selections and still being replenished near cut off time. My only complaint was our arrival and the man who attempted to assist us at the front desk. There were 4 people waiting to check in, with one attendant at the front desk. Check in time was 3pm, but we made better time than anticipated and arrived at 2:30. A man came out of the back and offered to assist us. After providing our details he stated that we were early for check in, but that he would check with house keeping to see if our room was ready. He then disappeared into the back from whence he came. We waited. And waited. And waited. The desk clerk who was helping the other 3 people waiting for check in eventually cleared her own queue and asked us if we needed any help. We explained that we were hoping to check in, but we were a bit early. She politely expalined that the room most likely was not ready yet. This wasn't a big deal, we could easily go grab some lunch and return, it was just the fact that we were abandoned at the counter by the previous clerk that was off putting. Each time we walked through the lobby that weekend, there seemed to be at least 3 people waiting for something at the desk and only one clerk. Upon check out we overheard another person checking in questioning the reason for the crowd and the clerk announced that, "its always like this". Overall a nice hotel, just be prepared to wait a bit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My family with teenagers needs big beds and we enjoyed our stay in a 2Qu + sofabed room that had a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, along with a nice big flat screen t.v...the hotel is so NEW that they are completely free of mildew, odors, stains, etc. So wonderful to stay in a hotel that, at the end of a hot day at the zoo, you can come home to and relax. I felt fine walking across the floor without socks on (in hotels I usually keep my socks on). I have a hard time relaxing if the hotel room feels "sticky" or has odors, and this was NOT that--SO CLEAN!! Ahhhh. Also, the front staff was so friendly, and it is a short drive to the Columbus Zoo, and there are several restaurants and shopping areas very close---a Quizno's across the parking lot along with a pizza place steps away, but the usual fast food places are pretty close too--even a Chipotle (my daughter's favorite) is only about a mile away. Fold-out sofa bed was comfortable for my teen son. Breakfast had several selections--some hot, like biscuits and gravy, etc. The only very minor drawback (extremely minor) is that my daughter didn't like how small the pool was (and it was a small indoor pool that was usually overflowing with kids) and she's a pool-fanatic but chose not to swim because of the crowdedness. This is a great place! Front desk staff was so nice!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Following TripAdvisor, I booked at the HIE while recently in town to attend a wedding. The wedding party had set aside 3 other hotels nearby at comparable or cheaper rates, but we opted for here based on the ratings; the fact that a hot breakfast is included; and the rooms have two queen (not full) size beds. We were 4 adults, so the larger beds were a factor and they were quite comfortable. I liked also that each bed included two firm pillows and two soft ones. We were on the first floor across from the fitness room, but never heard any noise from outside the room. We classified the breakfasts as good, but not great. Scrambled eggs and bacon the first day; omelets and sausage the next. Management is doing a good job of keeping everything clean and new looking, a real plus to any stay. We used the pool both evenings there, but it is pretty small, shallow and had too much chlorine. Nice large flat screen TV in the room and the towels are large, fluffy and plentiful. All personnel were extremely pleasant and polite. I will agree with previous reviewers and give them 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew W
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My husband and our two children stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during our trip to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. The hotel is close to the Zoo and sells discounted tickets.
The staff at the hotel was very helpfull in finding some places to eat near by and getting directions to the Zoo as well as to a couple different restaurants.
The rooms have plenty of space to be able to accomodate my family and all of there things.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Flowerld30
theateamcaptin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to your return next time you're in town. General Manager Tim Dehnart
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2010

My work was in the process of relocating me, I first stayed at hotel very close to this one ( next door ). My experience was terrible there and I demanded that I be moved to a nicer hotel, with better staff and a better rate.( since I would be staying several weeks) Obviously being relocated would make anyone on edge leaving a place where I have called home for 23 years now. My co-worker, who was recently relocated into the area as well just a few months before told me she had stayed at the brand new Holiday Inn Express. I told my assistant to book my room there, I packed up at the other hotel and headed over to Holiday Inn Express.. I walked in with a chip on my shoulder already from the previous experience, but that quickly disappeared when I was greeted by the Manger and Front Desk Supervisor! Both of them had huge smiles on their faces, which already was a step up from my previous experience. The young lady, who I assume to be the front desk supervisor, greeted me, offered me a bottle of water or beverage of my choice!! She named off the list of choices, and I am not a big water or soda drinker HOWEVER sweet tea is my favorite. She explained that she didn’t have it back there, however If I liked I was more than welcome to grab one out of the gift shop. I was floored by her accommodating me, and being so understanding also making me feel like I was the most important guest to her.. I have traveled for work for 9 years now, every other week going to different hotels, and already before I even got to my room I knew, that this would be the BEST one so far… I was offered their reward program card- and was told about all the great things that I could do with it! I was very impressed on the knowledge of the program, also the fact that they took the time to explain it to me. I made it up to my room and it was absolutely gorgeous, the bed was very comfortable and the showers were walk in which I loved, since I have a bad knee. I had one at my house so it was like I never left home. A plus about it was not having to clean, and someone made me breakfast every morning! Which was beyond delicious!!! Every week after my first week I was welcomed to the hotel with a welcome home!! Which quickly became very true, they knew me by my first name and kept me in the same room each week.. I cant say enough about this hotel, from the cleanliness, to the staff being amazing also to the other accommodations they go above and beyond for there other guests, they have a Japanese TV program and Breakfast! Simply AMAZING! If needing to book in this area, stay at this location, having Tim - the General Manager, Holly, Kate, Brenden, Joey, Liz, Miko, Linda and also the other two gentlemen who do breakfast - and the other members of the staff take care of you, you wont regret it.

“The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best, but legendary”. Sam Walton

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business