“Hidden Gem”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Needed to stay before we were relocated out of state. Stayed with family and dog... The staff was welcoming and very nice. Will stay there again when we visit!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I am an actual customer, though my review may sound like an ad. This hotel was clean, modern, had wonderful space in the breakfast area off the lobby for informal gatherings, including a fireplace and big-screen TV, sofas, tables/chairs, etc. Free WiFi throughout. Free parking, free hearty breakfasts, indoor pool, and many other amenities. Within walking distance to shopping and eateries. Best of all: ours was a large family gathering and we were able to have 3 sets of comparatively spacious, connecting rooms close together, all with 2 queen-sized beds. Beds were comfortable, rooms had dorm-sized refrigerators + microwaves + coffeemakers + hairdryer + iron/ironing board + windows that open! Staff were completely outstandingly helpful and friendly. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Had a great stay at this hotel. Our family had 3 rooms altogether. The staff was quite accommodating. The lobby was roomy and nice to watch a movie on the flat screen. The pool was not crowded and was clean. Our rooms were great with up to date furnishing, clean, and quiet. We even forgot a birthday gift bag full of gift cards and birthday cards at the hotel and a week later, made this discovery. We called the hotel and Holly (the person we spoke to) found our gift bag in the housekeeper's 'Lost and Found' closet and was so kind to have saved it for us. Very professional staff with integrity!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We can't say enough about Tim, Brandon,and Holly at the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio. They just don't go the extra mile to make our stays there special. We feel that we are part of the Holiday Inn FAMILY. When you walk in you are greeted with a warm smile and outstanding Customer Service. No matter what the time of the day is they continue to service us as if we apart of their extended family. My son attends the Ohio State Camp in the summer so we book the weekend for my husband and myself. We find every opportunity to take a mini getaway as often as we can just because we love this hotel. You couldn't ask for a better team to represent your Hotel. Can't wait for our next trip. The Fazio Family

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stay in hotels for about 75-100 nights a year and I love this hotel. First, this hotel is very clean. They offer breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, breads, cereals, fruit and juice. They also have great coffee and and assortment of cream. In the afternoon they started having a reception that offers complimentary beer, soft drinks, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. The service level is terrific. I was having a meeting there and I needed a cord that i did not bring and that they did not have so one of the employees drove to Walmart and bought one and didn't charge me. They claim that if the service or hetel is not excellent then to let them know and they mean it. I use to stay at a more expensvie hotel in the area but know I only stay here. This hotel is located in the Tuttle Crossing Area, so there are many restaurants near by and a major shopping mall just down the street.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Joey, Brandon and Liz were the people who made my 1 night stay great!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This is a relatively new hotel with a nice pool and hot tub. It's in a good location for a visit to the zoo and is close to several stores and restaurants. They also allow small to medium size dogs, for an additional one-time fee (not per night).

We checked in Thursday night, and things were quite nice. The room was clean, the amenities were very nice, and our 8 month old loved floating around in the pool. However, it was downhill from there.

A large group of preteen boys (a soccer team maybe?) checked in with their adult chaperones on Friday, and the noise from that point forward was totally unacceptable. We stayed on the first floor, and throughout the evening and into the night (past midnight) it sounded like there was a stampede every few minutes on the floor above. On Saturday evening the same situation started to unfold, so we called the front desk to ask that the noise be stopped. They assured us they would say something, but the stampede continued unchecked.

It's also worth noting the hotel does not enforce its pool policies. While my wife and I were swimming with the baby, one of the preteen boys (unaccompanied by an adult) jumped nearly on top of him. Pool time over!

We ordered takeout Saturday evening and decided to spread out in the lobby/breakfast area with our food and the baby. However, when we arrived in the lobby we found a group of the chaperones drinking, laughling loudly, and yelling. Not wanting to subject the baby to the noise, we headed back to our room and called the front desk again. This time, the on duty female refused to even say anything to the lobby partiers, claiming they had every right to be there (correct) and that she could barely hear them from ~20 feet away (impossible).

By this time the stampede upstairs had reached its peak, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I walked one floor up and through the hallway on that level yelling at the top of my lungs to keep it down! I think I must have looked scary, because one of the stampeding kids was crying before I went back downstairs to my room.

Long story short, stay at this hotel during the week or expect to handle noise problems and rule breakers on your own.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family